• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a little premature to be worrying about the final scene based on that track title.

I searched for uses of the phrase in the first four books, and [Series]
there's one instance in AGoT from Jon, a couple from Tyrion chapters in ACoK, one from the Red Viper in ASoS, and none from AFfC.

It could be a Jon scene, could be Stannis, could be something new that we can't even guess.

I doubt it's Stannis; I'd bet money that they'll end his story on an ambiguous cliff hanger after Davos reads the letter (similar to the book), then he'll show up at the Wall next season around episode 3 or 4; the fourth episode tends to feature a big "oh shit" moment for the press DVD screeners.

Also the syposis mentions "mercy comes from the strangest quarters (on Dragonstone)." Could be Stannis' daughter or Melisandre pleading for Davos' life, then he reads the letter.

Ygritte dying during the Wall assault would be a perfect way to end Jon's arc in the finale, and it would make for quite an exciting episode. We know Dany frees Yunkai in the finale which should be exciting...but at the same time I've already seen many non-book readers say they expect that to happen, and feel it would kind of be a repeat of what happened in episode 4.

I doubt it's Stannis; I'd bet money that they'll end his story on an ambiguous cliff hanger after Davos reads the letter (similar to the book), then he'll show up at the Wall next season around episode 3 or 4; the fourth episode tends to feature a big "oh shit" moment for the press DVD screeners.

I don't expect Stannis to show up to the Wall next season until around Episode 8. It happens really late in the storyline. Episode 4 would be more likely to be the Purple Wedding. Episode 4 is way too early, given that all that's really let after that is the election for the Lord Commander and Stannis making his offer to Jon.

Isn't that episode 2?

Not necessarily, people are just speculating that because George wrote episode 2 for next season.

As for the discussion on this page Series Spoilers
I don't worry about Ayra that much, there are interesting characters and events happening around her to make some nice arcs for TV, but I'm not sure what they are going to do with Bran. Obviously they have some character exploration they can do with the Reeds, but exposition will only carry them so far with very little (or at least very slow) plot advancement with the arc. I still think completing the ASOS arc during season 3 was the right decision though, can't have him wondering to the wall forever with nothing happening, I think people will be happy with the Bran arc after Queenscrown and Nightfort/Blackgate in the next two episodes.

Iksenpets

Banned
Isn't that episode 2?

ASOS
I think that's just speculation based on the fact that GRRM is writing 2. He could be writing the prelude to the big event like he did in season 1 and 3.

Feast/Dance
As for Bran and Arya, it shouldn't be hard for them to come up with adventures for Arya. There's plenty to explore between her and the Hound for season 4, and Braavos gives them pretty much an infinite canvas to make whatever they want for her. They could really show off Maisie's acting chops by giving her lots of different roles to play in Braavos, having Arya disguised as all sorts of different people.

Bran is hard though. There's some Jojen and Meera character development from earlier books they could go back to as their wander through the snow, and once they actually make it to the three eyed crow they could just turn Bran into a giant plot device and use him to throw backstory at us through visions.

Sansa will be hard, too. Not a lot for her to do in the Vale.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Maybe Microsoft DRM is a good thing...

ps4_drm11111.jpg

GRRM gets back to writing the books and stops playing games!

bengraven

Finally watched the last episode.

+ they're back! After two years and a promise we'd never see them again
+ the Other dying
+ they're back! Why did you lie to us Emilia?
+ Tyrion acting was great
+ they're back! Emilia's three best assets besides her amazing acting talent and beautiful face!

Oh and Mel too. Three +s for this season so far for making my three favorite ladies do sexy things to placate for my inner 14 year old.

Maybe Microsoft DRM is a good thing...

ps4_drm11111.jpg

GRRM gets back to writing the books and stops playing games!

Too skinny. Looks more like Epic Beard Man.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
(Series)
Makes me wonder what they're going to do with Bran for the next 3-4 seasons, then. That's the end of his Storm plot, and he only has 3 chapters in Dance. They're going to be stretching things really thin with him.

ADwD:
If they get Bran to the cave early it could give them a chance to push some boundaries and do some more surreal and atmospheric scenes, especially if they decide to depict his visions of the past/present.

Feast/Dance
Bran is hard though. There's some Jojen and Meera character development from earlier books they could go back to as their wander through the snow, and once they actually make it to the three eyed crow they could just turn Bran into a giant plot device and use him to throw backstory at us through visions.

Basically this.

Tacitus_

So I was reading through ADWD last night. Apparently sisters come before uncles when inheriting.

And as for additional scenes ADWD
Bran is the perfect mr exposition once he gets started on the paste

Blatz

(AFFC)
My guess is they will spend some time with Dorne , starting with next season simply to get the characters introduced for their main arcs in season 5+ (or perhaps the end of season 4) The Viper will obviously have to be introduced I would think

I bet you're right. They'll create content there or maybe send an established character there for some invented reason. Could be good.

Moff

I doubt we'll see much of ASOS
dorne in season 4. its just goddamn too much, maybe there will be more people from dorne accompanying the viper to kings landing, but I doubt that, too.

and just since its mentionend in the other thread, I am absolutely positive they can put AFFC and ADWD in one season, and it will be a better experience than the books.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Season 3 soundtrack releasing digitally June 4, track list revealed

I tagged the track titles.

1. Main Title
2. A Lannister Always Pays His Debts
3. Dracarys
4. I Paid the Iron Price
5. Chaos is a Ladder
6. Dark Wings, Dark Words
7. You Know Nothing
8. Wall of Ice
9. Kingslayer
10. I Have To Go North
11. White Walkers
12. It’s Always Summer Under the Sea (performed by Kerry Ingram)
13. Reek
14. The Bear and the Maiden Fair (performed by The Hold Steady)
15. The Night is Dark
16. The Lannisters Send Their Regards
17. Heir to Winterfell
18. Mhysa
19. For the Realm

ezrarh

I said it before but I think they can absolutely do a 13 or 15 episode season that encompasses AFFC/ADWD and the actual climax of ADWD that's going to be in TWOW. I think that would be a better narrative than cutting things halfway to finish it out in season 6.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I said it before but I think they can absolutely do a 13 or 15 episode season that encompasses AFFC/ADWD and the actual climax of ADWD that's going to be in TWOW. I think that would be a better narrative than cutting things halfway to finish it out in season 6.

They can't do a thirteen episode season. It's never going to happen, and they've said so multiple times.

Noema

I wonder if ASOS
the kid who plays Robert "Robyn" Arryn has pulled a Bran on us at this point and gone through puberty already. I'm guessing he'd need to be recast for season 4 and 5?

Massa

I wonder if ASOS
the kid who plays Robert "Robyn" Arryn has pulled a Bran on us at this point and gone through puberty already. I'm guessing he'd need to be recast for season 4 and 5?

I think the actor said something about being back to recording for season 3.

Tommen is one that will hopefully be recast.

meijiko

1. Main Title
3. Dracarys
4. I Paid the Iron Price
5. Chaos is a Ladder
7. You Know Nothing
8. Wall of Ice
9. Kingslayer
10. I Have To Go North
11. White Walkers
13. Reek
15. The Night is Dark
17. Heir to Winterfell
18. Mhysa
19. For the Realm

What, no
Rains of Castamere
?

ezrarh

They can't do a thirteen episode season. It's never going to happen, and they've said so multiple times.

I know. I'm just saying for the sake of a coherent and satisfying season that would work better. Hopefully D&D can figure a good way to split AFFC/ADWD into 2 good seasons.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
[S3 Soundtrack spoilers]
Since they already technically had "The Rains of Castamere" last season, I'm hoping that "Kingslayer," as labeled above, is the instrumental version of it.
My guess is
The Lannisters Send Their Regards is the instrumental version of it.

Snake

My guess is
The Lannisters Send Their Regards is the instrumental version of it.

Very possible. The only reason I chose the other title was because "The Lannisters Send Their Regards" sounds like it could be something composed especially for Episode 9, and we already heard a version of "The Rains" back in Episode 7(?).

And I suppose it's possible that both pieces could have a variation of that theme.

bengraven

1. Main Title
3. Dracarys
4. I Paid the Iron Price
5. Chaos is a Ladder
7. You Know Nothing
8. Wall of Ice
9. Kingslayer
10. I Have To Go North
11. White Walkers
13. Reek
15. The Night is Dark
17. Heir to Winterfell
18. Mhysa
19. For the Realm

That #16 title. grinch

What devilry is keeping you from watching new episodes for that long?!?!

Two things:

1) a kid and needy wife
2) not wanting to wait 2 full weeks between episodes

Tacitus_

What is this referring to, exactly?

There were some arguments about when daughters could inherit. As for specifics, ADWD
It's the Karstark girl who comes to the Wall - the one Mel sees in her flames and mistakes for Arya. Quoting the wiki: "Cregan's father, Arnolf Karstark, plotted to make his son the Lord of Karhold by forcing Alys to marry Cregan and also declaring for Stannis Baratheon to goad the Iron Throne to execute the rightful heir of Karhold, Harrion"

Iksenpets

Banned
There were some arguments about when daughters could inherit. As for specifics, ADWD
It's the Karstark girl who comes to the Wall - the one Mel sees in her flames and mistakes for Arya. Quoting the wiki: "Cregan's father, Arnolf Karstark, plotted to make his son the Lord of Karhold by forcing Alys to marry Cregan and also declaring for Stannis Baratheon to goad the Iron Throne to execute the rightful heir of Karhold, Harrion"

ADWD
Man, not gonna lie. The whole Alys Karstark subplot was lost on me.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think a lot of people who ended up in the show auditioned for Jon Snow

"Yes I'm Peter Dinklage, and I'll be reading for the part of Jon Snow..."

"I'm Conleth Hill, and I'll be reading for the part of Jon Snow"

"I'm Emilia Clarke, and I'm be reading for the part of Jon Snow"

Speevy

Banned
"Yes I'm Peter Dinklage, and I'll be reading for the part of Jon Snow..."

"I'm Conleth Hill, and I'll be reading for the part of Jon Snow"

"I'm Emilia Clarke, and I'm be reading for the part of Jon Snow"

"Hodor, Hodor Hodor Hodor, Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom