• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

Yuuup. No doubt Sansa unknowingly did her part, but to blame her entirely for his death?

Ned, Sansa, Cat, Littlefinger, Varys, Robert... they all played their parts in the events that ultimately lead to Ned's death, but in the end it was Joffrey being a crazy cunt that lead to that outcome.

A positive result for the Starks was just as likely imo, of course we didn't get that because it would make for a very short series.

sansandria.gif

YES

thank you sir

dubq

(Series)
having Cersei and Joffrey cut to ribbons in their sleep by Renly's forces
That is not even close to being accurate. Series
Renly does not know the truth about the origins of the royal children and thus wants to spirit them away from Cercei before she can act and take control. He says nothing about killing the children.

LordCanti

That is not even close to being accurate. Series
Renly does not know the truth about the origins of the royal children and thus wants to spirit them away from Cercei before she can act and take control. He says nothing about killing the children.

Was it littlefinger that suggested killing them? I may be imagining that someone put forth that kind of plan. Either way, the point is that had he taken up Renly on his offer, he probably wouldn't be dead now. Edit: Yeah, I'm wrong, Littlefinger wanted to keep Joff on the throne and control him. NVM.

Was it littlefinger that suggested killing them? I may be imagining that someone put forth that kind of plan. Either way, the point is that had he taken up Renly on his offer, he probably wouldn't be dead now. Edit: Yeah, I'm wrong, Littlefinger wanted to keep Joff on the throne and control him. NVM.

Exactly, Littlefinger did not want to harm the children, and neither did Renly; at the time he believed them to be his own blood, I simply don't believe he would harm them.

I do agree Ned should have followed Renly's advice though. But then again if he did...how would Renly respond to Ned deciding to support Stannis. Would he allow Ned to return to the North and call his banners, or would he have imprisoned Ned in order to ensure the north declared for him?

LordCanti

With four hours to go someone speculated that (series)
all the people mentioned by Mel when she was tossing leeches into the fire might die. I want them unprepared for any deaths >< hopefully no one is reading

Exactly, Littlefinger did not want to harm the children, and neither did Renly; at the time he believed them to be his own blood, I simply don't believe he would harm them.

I do agree Ned should have followed Renly's advice though. But then again if he did...how would Renly respond to Ned deciding to support Stannis. Would he allow Ned to return to the North and call his banners, or would he have imprisoned Ned in order to ensure the north declared for him?

I think it would have gone something like
"Welllll Renly old chum, I'm off North to call my banners in support of your glorious cause" "Ok Lord Stark, I trust you" and then Ned would have rode North, called his banners, allied with Stannis, saw that Stannis had devoted himself to a weirdo cult that burns people alive, then he'd have gone running back to Renly, even if "Renly isn't right!"

Dany

Banned
ASOS
I have envisioned this moment for about a year, since i read the book, and I hope they get it right :(

all the people mentioned by Mel when she was tossing leeches into the fire might die. I want them unprepared for any deaths >< hopefully no one is reading

ASOS:
My GF totally called it too. When that scene happened she looked at me and said, "That means Robb will die next episode, just like Renly" (his name was first) I tried to play it cool but I feel she kinda sees it coming.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
ASOS:
My GF totally called it too. When that scene happened she looked at me and said, "That means Robb will die next episode, just like Renly" (his name was first) I tried to play it cool but I feel she kinda sees it coming.

Yeah I know two non-book readers who have already guessed it. Kinda sucks I wanted them to be shocked.

Pkaz01

ASOS
its not that robb and cat die its how they die, everyone knew he was done for eventually but no one thought it would be how it was without a fight and to be dishonored in the way he was and then throw in the fact that arya got the fake death when all she did was want to go to her family. I think they have set themselves up as well as they could as far tv shows go maybe they could have done the leech scene an episode earlier but all in all the did enough foreshadowing to make it feel ominous without giving anything away.

Amir0x

Banned
oh indeed. I want to read the reactions, man!

I've been trolling the motherFUCK out of my co-workers who watch this show. I've been pretty 'vague' with them, ya know so as not to SPOIL anything, but let's just say
they've convinced themselves that tonight is Robb's big day of revenge.

*tee hee*

ASOS
I'm curious whether Grey Wind will at all be in the episode and whether he will be by Robb's side or locked/chained up. No mention of him in the leaks but then again, the leak descriptions were very brief and only covered Robb/Catelyn. I want to see him go down fighting and ripping a couple of soldiers apart.

I've been trolling the motherFUCK out of my co-workers who watch this show. I've been pretty 'vague' with them, ya know so as not to SPOIL anything, but let's just say

*tee hee*

Pure evil. I approve.

Tonight I live vicariously through millions of viewers

Me too.

[ASoS]
A friend of mine realized this was Episode 9, so shit was going to go down. He told me he was gonna write an angry letter to Martin if he killed of Arya. I hope they end with the axe-fakeout solely for that reason. :p

Leeness

*tee hee*

Yeah, just had my coworker ask about the episode tonight so I said
"It should be good, but I hope they get through the wedding quickly so they can move onto the big battle. It should be interesting to see how they film it."

And my coworker asked "well does Robb win?"

"I can't tell you that!"

"I bet the big cliffhanger of the season will be Robb winning or losing!"

:)

And my sister thinks
that this is Joffrey's wedding and that he's dying tonight and she's been SO EXCITED about it for months. I told her that there was an event called the Red Wedding, and that Joffrey died in the third book, so she thinks they're the same thing.

She also asked "None of the Starks other than Sansa are there, right? They're the only family I like".

:D

ASOS
I'm curious whether Grey Wind will at all be in the episode and whether he will be by Robb's side or locked/chained up. No mention of him in the leaks but then again, the leak descriptions were very brief and only covered Robb/Catelyn. I want to see him go down fighting and ripping a couple of soldiers apart.

ASOS
honestly, this is the thing I'm dreading seeing the most. Grey Wind's death is the saddest part of the whole thing for me. Robb ignoring his obvious warnings makes it even worse

oh really? I always though it was right after it aired, 10pm EST.
No, you can watch them "live" as the east coast does.
ASOS

Something I'm really hoping for as well.

Also ASOS
You guys that troll your non-reader friends with false leads are assholes lol. I refuse to say anything to mine.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah, just had my coworker ask about the episode tonight so I said
"It should be good, but I hope they get through the wedding quickly so they can move onto the big battle. It should be interesting to see how they film it."

And my coworker asked "well does Robb win?"

"I can't tell you that!"

"I bet the big cliffhanger of the season will be Robb winning or losing!"

:)

And my sister thinks
that this is Joffrey's wedding and that he's dying tonight and she's been SO EXCITED about it for months. I told her that there was an event called the Red Wedding, and that Joffrey died in the third book, so she thinks they're the same thing.

She also asked "None of the Starks other than Sansa are there, right? They're the only family I like".

:D

My friends wife:
I can't fucking wait til Catelyn rips that dirty crown right off Joffrey's head

>:D

Edit: <ASOS>
Although I suppose, technically, that could still happen lol

Edit 2: <ASOS>
Only without Joffrey's head being there lol

Altazor

*tee hee*

(vague spoilers for all the books?)
hey, the North Remembers, man. The North Remembers.

Munin

Like said before by others,
I don't think it will be a HUGE deal to non-readers. Maybe a nice surprise, but not anything earth-shattering. Robb and his mother are simply too undeveloped in the show, they had next to no screen time this season. I guess their deaths will have an impact because of what they represent (Ned's vengeance/hope etc), but I dunno, I don't think I'd be that shocked, especially with all the super-obvious foreshadowing.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't think it will be a HUGE deal to non-readers. Maybe a nice surprise, but not anything earth-shattering. Robb and his mother are simply too undeveloped in the show, they had next to no screen time this season. I guess their deaths will have an impact because of what they represent (Ned's vengeance/hope etc), but I dunno, I don't think I'd be that shocked, especially with all the super-obvious foreshadowing.

<ASOS>
Robb was hardly in the book at all, soooo...

Pkaz01

Its the last hope for stark revenge, and its the point where you know sansa, arya, and bran's lives will never be the same, I think people will be heartbroken for arya in a way that book readers really weren't because we knew she would fight back, maybe they do too but the show has made it seem like she still hasn't gotten over ned and now she is going to see her mother and brother die its all more emotional on tv when the actors portray it correctly

Totally disagree, largely because Robb's a character in the TV show, unlike he was in the books. I think you're going to be surprised tonight.

Lkr

Asos
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

I really hope they use the version from blackwater in the credits again :)

NekoFever

Is it wrong that I'm more excited for
GODDAMN INTERWEB MELTDOWNS HAHAAHAH than the actual episode? :p
[ASOS]
It's not on TV here until tomorrow but I'm staying up to watch reactions in the no book spoiler thread and Twitter.

I want to see people hoping that Robb will be resurrected, only for it to be cruelly dashed by a sight of his and Grey Wind's desecrated corpses next week.

Fey

Banned
That's another thing I can't wait to be settled tonight.

ASOS
Whether or not this will be a "huge deal" to non-readers. I definitely think it will. Even if people are expecting Robb to die, I doubt anyone will be expecting both him and his mother to die so brutally and suddenly.

Well, its not even that really, I think. [ASoS]
Even in the book, its a fair assumption to think that Bad Shit is going to happen to Robb at the Twins. But did anyone exactly figure it would be the wholesale slaughter that it turned into, with all of his bannermen either captured or killed and even Cat getting her throat cut? So the people that caught on to the leeches probably think some shadow baby or something crazy and magical will kill off Robb, not just some traitors with swords and crossbow bolts. I think people might be prepared for Robb having an assassination attempt on him somehow but I'd be surprised if anyone expects just the massive and brutal slaughter that the RW is.

Another thing I'll be curious about is how [ASoS/ TV speculation]
they have Talisa and Blackfish end up. Will Talisa be a spy or just take Dacey Mormont's place and get axed or otherwise killed? Will the Blackfish escape, not even come to the Twins or end up dead?

LordCanti

ASOS
Whether or not this will be a "huge deal" to non-readers. I definitely think it will. Even if people are expecting Robb to die, I doubt anyone will be expecting both him and his mother to die so brutally and suddenly.

ASOS
When the guy spoiled it for all of twenty minutes in the book reader thread, people wanted to murder his ass. I think some people may have seen some of it coming, but none of them saw what is about to happen coming.

Well, its not even that really, I think. [ASoS]
Even in the book, its a fair assumption to think that Bad Shit is going to happen to Robb at the Twins. But did anyone exactly figure it would be the wholesale slaughter that it turned into, with all of his bannermen either captured or killed and even Cat getting her throat cut? So the people that caught on to the leeches probably think some shadow baby or something crazy and magical will kill off Robb, not just some traitors with swords and crossbow bolts. I think people might be prepared for Robb having an assassination attempt on him somehow but I'd be surprised if anyone expects just the massive and brutal slaughter that the RW is.

Another thing I'll be curious about is how [ASoS/ TV speculation]
they have Talisa and Blackfish end up. Will Talisa be a spy or just take Dacey Mormont's place and get axed or otherwise killed? Will the Blackfish escape, not even come to the Twins or end up dead?

ASOS
exactly. Even if you figure out that something is going to happen to Robb, you wouldn't think "Oh, it's going to be this incredible traitorous massacre". If she's not a spy, yeah, I think she's dead. Blackfish has to escape, I'd think.

NekoFever

ASOS
[ASOS]
I've thought of the way the show's been presenting resurrection, how easy the Thoros stuff has made it look, as a weakness that's going to undermine legitimate deaths. But now I'm pretty sure it's been designed that way, set up for them to show what happened to Robb's body.

Kud Dukan

ASOS

We've spent more time with Robb in the show than we ever did in the book, so I think his death specifically should hit at least as hard as it did in the book, maybe even more. Not sure about the rest.

LordCanti

GRRM is truly the biggest troll around. "GRRM announces..."

"Oh my GODDDDD"

"A coffee table book!"

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom