• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noema

Guys.

GUYS.

It's happening.

tumblr_mfu8zsCDKB1qzpxq3o1_r1_500.gif

It's finally happening.

UraMallas

From the non-bookies thread:
I can't shake the feeling that book readers are rubbing their hands together, just waiting to drink our bitter tears over some event that will happen before this season ends. I'm scared...

*rubs hands together*

LordCanti

From the non-bookies thread:

*rubs hands together*

You're rubbing your hands together while I'm afraid that's a precursor to some jerk account suiciding in there. I want all the book readers at their TV's and off the internet for the next two hours and (probably) forty five minutes or so.

I'm also planning on watching this episode with live updates of that thread going. Teeeheeeee

Noema

No Books Thread said:
I can't shake the feeling that book readers are rubbing their hands together, just waiting to drink our bitter tears over some event that will happen before this season ends. I'm scared...

It looks like a very spread out episode with even more character development/politics instead of the typically spectacular Ep9.

evil-laugh.gif

Magnus

From the non-book readers thread:

It looks like a very spread out episode with even more character development/politics instead of the typically spectacular Ep9.

ASOS
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOL

Also...

ASOS/tonight's episode
I'm trying to imagine the kind of masterful trolling that might be at work if some pivotal element of the entire Red Wedding is changed just to screw with us readers....someone else making the killing blow. One of the two not even dying right away. Etc.

UraMallas

I'm very nervous about the spoilers in that thread tonight. I'm actually opening up a second browser window and signing myself out so that I can refresh that thread without fear if accidentally posting in it. I am DEFINITELY watching the thread, though.

Magnus, you might want to edit your post so that you're not directly quoting the dude from the other thread. He can/might see you quoting him in here and thus might get spoiled.

Magnus

Magnus, you might want to edit your post so that you're not directly quoting the dude from the other thread. He can/might see you quoting him in here and thus might get spoiled.

Noted! I didn't even think about that new feature and how someone might find their way to a spoiler in that fashion.

Invictus

Banned
Tonight is going to be great.

Code:
OT Is there anyway to see all spoilers on these pages without clicking everyone or selecting the whole thing? Within the rules of this site of course.

Has anyone considered the possibility that
instead of just the non-book readers being trolled, what about us?
Something tells me D&D might have something else up their sleeve.

LordCanti

Tonight is going to be great.

Code:
OT Is there anyway to see all spoilers on these pages without clicking everyone or selecting the whole thing? Within the rules of this site of course.

I don't...what?

Oh. No, I don't think so. Not that I know of. I'm sure there's a way, but I don't know if anyone has implemented it into a script or browser plugin or something. Why did you use code?

Amir0x

Banned
Still though, they'd see which thread the reply is in and stuff would still be spoiler tagged I'd hope? I can understand how people might hastily highlight any spoiler tag in a reply to their own quote though.

well if you're just clicking through fast, as I sometimes do, a cursory glance at the title might make it seem pretty similar to the non-book readers topic, and before you realized it it'd already be too late :(

NekoFever

well if you're just clicking through fast, as I sometimes do, a cursory glance at the title might make it seem pretty similar to the non-book readers topic, and before you realized it it'd already be too late :(
Even if you didn't click through, it doesn't take a genius to work out the only reason why a non-reader would be quoted in here.

Invictus

Banned
I don't...what?

Oh. No, I don't think so. Not that I know of. I'm sure there's a way, but I don't know if anyone has implemented it into a script or browser plugin or something. Why did you use code?

I only used spoiler tags because I didn't want to get everyone off topic. Have lurked here for years and just wanted one or two people to respond.

Some sites have a show all spoilers button and was just trying to find an easier way on GAF. If not oh well, thanks!

TCRS

Banned
I can only watch it tomorrow so [ASOS]
will miss the live internets meltdown :/

How much longer? I don't know what time it's shown in the USA.

(edit too late, not sure if even necessary)

Magnus

What if this is where the show breaks off from the books entirely, and (ASOS)
Robb lives?

Oh, the tears.

More like rivers.

I have to watch this 15 minutes late; friends can't make it right on time. I SHALL MISS THE LIVE MELTDOWNS. Fuck.

Hystzen

Has anyone considered the possibility that
instead of just the non-book readers being trolled, what about us?
Something tells me D&D might have something else up their sleeve.

ASOS:
I honestly not expecting to see the full effect of Red Wedding, from preview it also has Jon Snow escaping from wildings this episode. Normally that be quick ending part of episode like Jamie vs Breinne duel. Instead I think episode will end with Cat noticing something is wrong, we see the crossbows then screen goes black hear the twank of bolts being fired. Then next episode we get the slaughter at start with also the fallout outside with Arya

LordCanti

I only used spoiler tags because I didn't want to get everyone off topic. Have lurked here for years and just wanted one or two people to respond.

Some sites have a show all spoilers button and was just trying to find an easier way on GAF. If not oh well, thanks!

Spoiler is
and then closed with /spoiler (with [ ] around it and no spaces). You used
Code:
 which does this

[code]....

Instead.

ASOS
Or Talisa, since she's a wildcard to book readers too.

EPISODE 9 SPOILER

It was reported ages ago that she's going to be killed tonight, although we don't know how. If today's leak is true she'll be stabbed in the stomach.

IMO the only wildcard is Blackfish. Is he going to be at the wedding, considering he was traveling with Robb? My guess is that Robb will name his heir and send the Blackfish back to Riverrun with his royal decree.

Magnus

ASOS:
I honestly not expecting to see the full effect of Red Wedding, from preview it also has Jon Snow escaping from wildings this episode. Normally that be quick ending part of episode like Jamie vs Breinne duel. Instead I think episode will end with Cat noticing something is wrong, we see the crossbows then screen goes black hear the twank of bolts being fired. Then next episode we get the slaughter at start with also the fallout outside with Arya

I just can't see that happening.

The slaughter screams final act climax, and it wouldn't sit well in the first act of the next episode.

IMO

ASOS:

That would be horrendous

There's this http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/125549

But it removes spoiler tags on ALL threads. I tried to mess with the included/excluded pages to make it only apply to certain threads, but I couldn't get it to work

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna laugh when they botch everything and nothing happens in tonight's episode.

EPISODE 9 SPOILER

It was reported ages ago that she's going to be killed tonight, although we don't know how. If today's leak is true she'll be stabbed in the stomach.

IMO the only wildcard is Blackfish. Is he going to be at the wedding, considering he was traveling with Robb? My guess is that Robb will name his heir and send the Blackfish back to Riverrun with his royal decree.

That's my guess on your last sentence as well.

Speevy

Banned
Imagine ASOS
how much more awesome the Westerosi taxidermy display would be if Robb Stark walked around with a pet elephant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom