• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.
This will probably go on Facebook
around 9:45

[ASoS]
I've been watching reaction videos to Ned's death for the past 30 minutes or so. Oh man, if the show does a good job with portraying the RW, there should be some good ones tonight. Hell, that might be more entertaining than the show.

[ASoS]
I absolutely agree. I'm sure the episode itself will be spectacular, but the social media outcry is what I'm looking forward to the most.

Moff

so, is everybody ready for today?
I'll watch tonights episode with my gf and 2 buddies, all of them non-book readers, we actually planned this get together for the big finale in episode 10 you know, for
the big attack on casterly rock
this was planned way ahead but silly me didnt think of memorial day. meh, well maybe tonights episode will be good, too.

my GF even volunteered to use her baking skills to make a dessert with original game of thrones style spiked heads cake pops of show characters
gotcapf9.jpg

I have no idea though where to install a hidden camera

Lkr

You should only put out
those mounted heads for the people who die tonight. I told my friend that the big attack will probably be next week and they'll set up for it tonight with a cliffhanger

Charles Dance probably gets submitted as a guest actor. Same for Rigg.

Dinklage gets a nomination, no question. He's the Aaron Paul or John Slattery for Game of Thrones at this point. Coster-Waldau is the only other actor this season I can see being in the conversation.

Dance is a part of the cast, if HBO submits him it'll be supporting actor. Rigg is guest.

For people that are curious, here are HBO's Emmy submissions for the first two seasons:
Season 1
Season 2

Tucah

you speak so well
This is the most excited I've been for an episode of TV in such a long time. The moment I've waited for since it was announced that the series was being adapted is finally here! The reactions from my non-book reading friends is going to be sooo good.

Sotha Sil

I'm afraid some people will be tempted to [SoS]
spoil themselves with book recaps to find out what happens next. Imagine reading the Red Wedding's chapter and having to close the book for a week.

I'm watching the show on DVD, so it'll likely be about half a year until I see this episode.
But I'm really looking forward to the reactions. I'm in another timezone so won't be able to watch the reactions as the action unfolds, but I am very likely to have an unproductive day at work tomorrow.

Edit: Spoiler tagged just in case

traveler

Not Wario
It's weird reading the old season 1 thread they just linked. All of the book readers started going haywire with all the welcome to thrones bitches comments well before a number of non-readers even posted with reactions re:Ned's dead. I just picture this empty room with a bunch of book readers grinning, looking around for the victims, but there's only a handful of people slowly walking in while they continue to explode with glee lol. Seems completely disproportionate. (SoS)
I hope tonight is more entertaining as I intend to be one of those looking for that good ol schadenfreude.

My GoT night is looking like:
2 large pizzas, 50 wings and fries. Plenty of beer.

2 book readers, 7 non-book readers including my GF.

Will be glorious.

I'm afraid some people will be tempted to [SoS]
spoil themselves with book recaps to find out what happens next. Imagine reading the Red Wedding's chapter and having to close the book for a week.

Especially with respect to [ASoS]
Joffrey's fate. I know that after the RW I just burned through the rest of the book but especially up to when Joffrey died just so I could feel like there was at least a little cosmic justice in the world of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Cause that's the kicker with the RW- its not just Robb and Cat dying, which is brutal enough, but its basically the whole Northern war effort and their attempt to right the wrong of Ned getting executed, dying too.

[ADwD]
Its basically the bad guys winning by playing dirty. Although, come ADwD you get some sense that even though so many of the Starks are dead, the North Remembers.

Sotha Sil

Especially with respect to [ASoS]
Joffrey's fate. I know that after the RW I just burned through the rest of the book but especially up to when Joffrey died just so I could feel like there was at least a little cosmic justice in the world of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Cause that's the kicker with the RW- its not just Robb and Cat dying, which is brutal enough, but its basically the whole Northern war effort and their attempt to right the wrong of Ned getting executed, dying too.

[ADwD]
Its basically the bad guys winning by playing dirty. Although, come ADwD you get some sense that even though so many of the Starks are dead, the North Remembers.

Well put.

A plea: Stay out of the No Book Thread for the rest of the day.

- Don't give into temptation to post something "witty" in there

- Don't rush in there once the episode airs just to leap on it, many people in there aren't watching the instant the episode airs

- Let the reactions come uninhibited. If the book readers make too much of a presence the show watchers will temper their reactions and it will become dominated by book readers laughing and stuff. Just let the reactions come on their own. It'll be worth it for all of us.

A plea: Stay out of the No Book Thread for the rest of the day.

- Don't give into temptation to post something "witty" in there

- Don't rush in there once the episode airs just to leap on it, many people in there aren't watching the instant the episode airs

- Let the reactions come uninhibited. If the book readers make too much of a presence the show watchers will temper their reactions and it will become dominated by book readers laughing and stuff. Just let the reactions come on their own. It'll be worth it for all of us.

This. Anyone that gloats in the book thread tonight, I would call for their head. Stay away, gloat here.

Ghost23

I hope that no one from this thread posts in the no book spoiler thread even after this season is over. We really don't need the unnecessary "Welcome to Game of Thrones" for a whole page. Let them have their reactions.

cashman

Banned
In a similar vain, (SoS)
I told my friends that I hoped they would just skip/abridge the wedding and get right on to the Casterly Rock plotline, as I felt the season was moving too slow to get to the good stuff at the ends of Swords. They didn't have a problem with the pacing thus far, but agreed that they were looking forward to Robb taking the fight to the Lannisters. Cruel or no, this should be fun. lol

ASOS
I'm hyping my friends big time on the battle of Casterly Rock, heh.

Speevy

Banned
series
I hope not, he needs to see his family getting slowly eradicated until there's no one left but him and then get hanged by Stoneheart.

Yeah,
I know that's how they do it in the books. I just meant since he's not a regular cast member. He'd have a pretty satisfying (and deserved) death scene.

He would have possibly gotten away with it had Sansa not run off and ratted him out to Cersei.

Dude had like five different viable plans for dealing with the aftermath of Robert's death presented to him, rejected all of them while clutching his pearls and going on about "my honor," then trusted the guy who was always going on about how he banged his wife. Sansa tattling to Cersei is #62 on the list of reasons Ned Stark lost his head, with his own stupidity coming in #1.

LordCanti

curlyfriski said:
Dude had like five different viable plans for dealing with the aftermath of Robert's death presented to him, rejected all of them while clutching his pearls and going on about "my honor," then trusted the guy who was always going on about how he banged his wife. Sansa tattling to Cersei is #62 on the list of reasons Ned Stark lost his head, with his own stupidity coming in #1.

(Series)
That's kind of the story of the Stark house lately. Brandon and Rickard go to King's Landing to ask the king why his married son kidnapped Lyanna and die for it, then Eddard does the honorable thing instead of having Cersei and Joffrey cut to ribbons in their sleep by Renly's forces and....dead. Then Robb marries a girl out of duty after he couldn't keep it in his pants and...yep. That's why I'm rooting on Arya; She gives zero fucks at this point. Zero.

Fey

Banned

Yuuup. No doubt Sansa unknowingly did her part, but to blame her entirely for his death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom