• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer_v1

My wife is at a hotel conference in Orlando, and HBO sponsors part of it. Apparently they have a replica of the iron throne people can take pictures with. Here's one of my wife:

nDWFPi2.jpg

bengraven

Spoiler for tonight's episode:
It's a...nice day for a...red wedding...
- I've been waiting five years to say that.

Also,
I should get 10c for every time someone uses the grinchgif for this episode, since I started it.
;) (love you guys)

LordCanti

Im saying it right now, whomever is a mod of these forums, needs someone to park their ass on that thread from now till the episode drops 8 hours from now.

I don't have faith that people will be well behaved.

I want to tell people in that thread to just stay off the internet for the next eight hours, but I don't want to add to the glut of people (This episode)
warning them that something is going to happen and getting them all prepared for it. I want them shocked and awed when the time comes dammit

Sotha Sil

I want to tell people in that thread to just stay off the internet for the next eight hours, but I don't want to add to the glut of people (This episode)
warning them that something is going to happen and getting them all prepared for it. I want them shocked and awed when the time comes dammit

I think they can feel something's wrong; it's like that scent of ozone before a summer storm.

Jeels

My wife is at a hotel conference in Orlando, and HBO sponsors part of it. Apparently they have a replica of the iron throne people can take pictures with. Here's one of my wife:

So awesome. I really want a picture with the iron throne. My mate in Amsterdam got to take a pic with it at that Game of Thrones museum thing...Too bad it will never come to Texas.

Sotha Sil

Can we stop quoting that stupid post?

That GIF made me think about the Emmys; really wonder if anyone's got a shot apart from Dinklage.

That GIF made me think about the Emmys; really wonder if anyone's got a shot apart from Dinklage.

Do the Emmys work like the Oscars in that there's seperate awards for best leading male role and supporting role yeah? Because everyone knows Varys is the best actor, but he's only supporting really.

exYle

I like the cloak and sword, looking very royal haha.
Were the props just there for everyone to use?

Leeness

I'm worried about drive by suicide spoilers.

Is there a way we could mislead them that wouldn't be against the rules? Like... Alluding to Robb going on the attack or something?

Or maybe it's just best to tell a mod to watch the thread all day and delete anything that might look suspect.

Speevy

Banned
Can we stop quoting that stupid post?

I have some favorite actors that deserve, but won't get a nomination.

-Nikolaj Caster-Waldau (Jaime)
-Maisie Williams (Arya)
-Charles Dance (Tywin)
-Gwen Christie (Brienne)
-Michael McEllhatton (Roose)

Conor 419

Banned
Charles has more than a shot, I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T win, wtf, how would Tyrion even be considered over Charles Dance? What?

WHAT!?

Sotha Sil

I have some favorite actors that deserve, but won't get a nomination.

-Nikolaj Caster-Waldau (Jaime)
-Maisie Williams (Arya)
-Charles Dance (Tywin)
-Gwen Christie (Brienne)
-Michael McEllhatton (Roose)

Excellent choices. Charles Dance is just perfect; shame he'll probably get the Mark Addy treatment.

Do the Emmys work like the Oscars in that there's seperate awards for best leading male role and supporting role yeah? Because everyone knows Varys is the best actor, but he's only supporting really.

Yes, there is Lead, Supporting, and Guest.

-Nikolaj might have a shot at a nomination, but I don't really see him getting one over Dinklage.
-Diana Rigg has a good shot for guest actress.
-Maisie has destroyed once again this year, but I don't expect anything.
-Yeah Charles has also absolutely owned the screen, but I don't expect a nom.

The show is very well acted, but for award shows I think the fact that it's such an absurdly large ensemble cast hurts its prospects at acting noms.

[ASoS]
They could have Joffrey throw it in Sansa's face that he sent the assassin. He's a big enough dick in the show already that I could see him doing it.

Also, all must bow to Queen Sansa!

tumblr_mmgfwd1keN1rl6c79o1_500.gif

quick, someone replace that with "Misandry" for the next time someone makes a bad, "how come women are x" thread

Joni

Yes, but Dinklage takes the 'spot' for supporting. No actor from Game of Thrones has tried for male lead.

blackflag

Im saying it right now, whomever is a mod of these forums, needs someone to park their ass on that thread from now till the episode drops 8 hours from now.

I don't have faith that people will be well behaved.

these threads gonna be delicious. I'm gonna get my fill of salty salty tears tonight

Yeah, I am super worried there are going to be some account suicides today. Please hold it together, Gaf!

The meltdowns will come later tonight. Again, I feel as if I should warn my non-show watching friends that the internet is going to be a MESS tonight.

Yes, but Dinklage takes the 'spot' for supporting. No actor from Game of Thrones has tried for male lead.

I hope Nikolaj Coster-Waldau gets submitted too, and perhaps even Charles Dance. I wonder if Diana Rigg has had enough screen time to garner a best supporting actress nod?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
So I've never watched the show, but have been dying to see the reactions of people when
the red wedding
happens. Is that tonite's episode?

[ASoS]
I've been watching reaction videos to Ned's death for the past 30 minutes or so. Oh man, if the show does a good job with portraying the RW, there should be some good ones tonight. Hell, that might be more entertaining than the show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
omgomg I'm literally shivering with excitement now. I honestly don't think I could be any more excited than I am right now. I haven't been this excited for an episode of TV since Lost (pre suck). Squeee!!

Charles Dance probably gets submitted as a guest actor. Same for Rigg.

Dinklage gets a nomination, no question. He's the Aaron Paul or John Slattery for Game of Thrones at this point. Coster-Waldau is the only other actor this season I can see being in the conversation.

Snake

Glad the show is finally back after the two week break, but it's a shame that it looks like there isn't going to be any rousing action like in the other seasons.

[ASOS]
____________________ Heh. ____________________

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom