• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
I got a bit of chills and dem feels, I have to admit. But I don't think they nailed it. Still a good episode. Wish this show was better than it is.

Fey

Banned
"Ned loves my hair" was just in her thoughts, though, right, in the books? But I suppose it would have been nice/sad to see her say it.

Vio-Lence

Banned
To be honest, TV Show Robb was a poorly developed character. I can't imagine the reactions will be as bad as when Ned was killed in season 1.

I think the Red Wedding was much more effective in the book.

some people just don't understand how to enjoy this

oh well

There is no enjoyment in this moment... Not in the books, not in the show. It is a punch to the gut in both formats. That isn't to say its bad of course... it is certainly a moment that defines this series. But i fail to see how people get enjoyment from this. First time reactions are great and all, but who gives a shit if it ruins the moment?

With all that being said (asos)
I was disappointed with how they left Arya's arch at that moment. I liked the uncertainty to her fate, even though in the book it was pretty clear that she just got knocked out, the fact that the last thing she sees is the axe head makes it pretty ambiguous

exYle

To be honest, TV Show Robb was a poorly developed character. I can't imagine the reactions will be as bad as when Ned was killed in season 1.

Dude, read the no book spoilers thread.
Three pages of meltdowns.

Uriah

There is no enjoyment in this moment... Not in the books, not in the show. It is a punch to the gut in both formats. That isn't to say its bad of course... it is certainly a moment that defines this series. But i fail to see how people get enjoyment from this. First time reactions are great and all, but who gives a shit if it ruins the moment?

More like a stab to the gut amirite

duckroll

I dunno, Robb is kinda cute. It's always a shame when a pretty boy dies!

RELIGHT

Banned
Hi guys, I'm from the No Book Spoilers thread and I just wanted to come in here and say how upset and disgusted and hurt I am over what just took place. I'm still in tears and I'm still shaking. I am contemplating not watching the show anymore because of this. First Ned in Season 1 then this. It's unbearable. I just need to know one thing right now in order for me to keep watching. Just answer yes or no:

Do the good guys get any justice whatsoever? And by justice I mean dead Joffrey. That's the only thing that can keep me watching at this point. I don't care if I'm spoiled. I want that piece of shit dead. And come to think of it I want all the Lannisters dead at this point.

Anyway. I'm going to go cry some more. FUCK!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Robb was a minor character in the books. He was elevated to main character in the show.

Hi guys, I'm from the No Book Spoilers thread and I just wanted to come in here and say how upset and disgusting and hurt I am over what just took place. I'm still in tears and I'm still shaking. I am contemplating not watching the show anymore because of this. First Ned in Season 1 then this. It's unbearable. I just need to know one thing right now in order for me to keep watching. Just answer yes or no:

Do the good guys get any justice whatsoever? And by justice I mean dead Joffrey. That's the only thing that can keep me watching at this point. I don't care if I'm spoiled. I want that piece of shit dead. And come to think of it I want all the Lannisters dead at this point.

Yes. There are lots of Starks left.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
God, they did a great job. Everything leading up to it, I was starting to cringe slowly and slowly... and then the Rains of Castamere. It was just a bloody mess.

And the other thread. LOL.

I know they're glorious haha

Its amazing over there. Everyone threatening to quit watching. I got to hand it to the show producers, aside from a few nitpicks they pulled off the Red Wedding brilliantly. Now onto
The Purple Wedding and all the other awesome ASOS bits

Zabka

The book thread sends it's regards

jbm0tFDqzugF4V.jpg

Hi guys, I'm from the No Book Spoilers thread and I just wanted to come in here and say how upset and disgusting and hurt I am over what just took place. I'm still in tears and I'm still shaking. I am contemplating not watching the show anymore because of this. First Ned in Season 1 then this. It's unbearable. I just need to know one thing right now in order for me to keep watching. Just answer yes or no:

Series
He's still alive, and still killing people

jett

D-Member

It's the opposite actually, the show attempted to develop Robb much more and give him a bigger presence than in the books. However, I do agree that it wasn't as effective, not even close. Not that I'm surprised, this show is pretty mediocre by HBO standards.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
I've read the books years ago, but have never seen a single episode of the show. I'm in a hotel and just happened to catch this episode on HBO.

Wow, this show is quite good. But I seem to remember in ASOS Cat Stark
killed a jester, not Frey's wife?

TCRS

Banned
copypasta

I really don't get book readers in here. You guys are really ruining the visceral reactions. In fact, gloating and castigating the tv-only viewers in here is counterintuitive to the schaudenfraude you all desperately want.

Hi guys, I'm from the No Book Spoilers thread and I just wanted to come in here and say how upset and disgusted and hurt I am over what just took place. I'm still in tears and I'm still shaking. I am contemplating not watching the show anymore because of this. First Ned in Season 1 then this. It's unbearable. I just need to know one thing right now in order for me to keep watching. Just answer yes or no:

All I can tell you TV show watchers is to hang in there and you will be rewarded.

exYle

Edit: you know what, nevermind

dubq

It's enjoyment because its a great fucking piece of writing. Both the lead up and the event itself.

dubq

lol. this guy.

Wazzy

Banned
I haven't seen the episode yet but did they also
"kill" Arya?
I know that might be a bit too much for viewers but I thought it would just be another big blow.

It's enjoyment because its a great fucking piece of writing. Both the lead up and the event itself.

I am talking about the enjoyment people are getting from gloating to non book readers about "OMG Been waiting years to see these reactions!! SUCK IT TV VIEWERS!" It is just over the top and unnecessary and turns an otherwise excessively dramatic moment into arguably a joke. In my opinion it diminishes the moment. Thankfully I read it before i saw the show, but I can't help to feel if I was a non book reader, reading through that thread, id be kind of pissed at how the moment has basically become an inside joke.

Atsumi

This was the first episode my mom decided to sit with me while I watched it.

My heart was pounding the entire episode and when I heard Rains of Castamere I was literally shaking. She had to hear me heave and see my tears and I'm really embarrassed.

The revenge you seek shall be yours in time.

Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom