• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm from the No Book Spoilers thread and I just wanted to come in here and say how upset and disgusted and hurt I am over what just took place. I'm still in tears and I'm still shaking. I am contemplating not watching the show anymore because of this. First Ned in Season 1 then this. It's unbearable. I just need to know one thing right now in order for me to keep watching. Just answer yes or no:

Do the good guys get any justice whatsoever? And by justice I mean dead Joffrey. That's the only thing that can keep me watching at this point. I don't care if I'm spoiled. I want that piece of shit dead. And come to think of it I want all the Lannisters dead at this point.

Anyway. I'm going to go cry some more. FUCK!

We've all been there and we're still invested in the story so just keep watching. Or alternatively if you want to know what happens next so bad, just go read the books instead of spoiling it for yourself. This season is only like 2/3 of the third book so there's still a bunch of cool shit coming up next season

UraMallas

Book readers are having too much fun over there, imo.

Anyway, That was done so well. I have been waiting a long time for that moment on TV and it still shook me. Good job, show runners.

Plasmid

My guess? Someone close to Starks gets back at Lannisters and then Daenerys fucks shit up real easy because everything is already in ruins. I hope when the dust settles that Tyrion is somehow the King. He's the only one with an intelligent mind that hasn't been corrupted.

crying

iammeiam

I absolutely love that the episode in which the Lannisters do the most devastating damage to the Starks (and the viewers!) contains absolutely zero Lannisters.

This was everything I wanted from The Red Wedding.

Nesotenso

Of course to TV viewers only it looks different.

Robb was never even a POV character in the books and if any Stark was expendable it was him.

jett

D-Member
Hopefully the unwashed masses will soon realize what a stupid fuck Robb was and that him losing the war makes perfect sense and was almost inevitable.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
nQSZQZ2.jpeg

Vio-Lence

Banned
It's the opposite actually, the show attempted to develop Robb much more and give him a bigger presence than in the books. However, I do agree that it wasn't as effective, not even close. Not that I'm surprised, this show is pretty mediocre by HBO standards.
I agree that the show tried to develop Robb, but they didn't do a good job of it.

Very proud and happy to be a book reader on this night. Excellent job on it, [ASOS]
Missed the face scratching and her going crazy, although when I was reading that part I kind of figured they'd leave that out.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That was even better than I imagined it.

They didn't play up the song enough though, Cat sorta looks at them like "wtf weird song choice whatevs"

dubq

I am talking about the enjoyment people are getting from gloating to non book readers about "OMG Been waiting years to see these reactions!! SUCK IT TV VIEWERS!" It is just over the top and unnecessary and turns an otherwise excessively dramatic moment into arguably a joke. In my opinion it diminishes the moment. Thankfully I read it before i saw the show, but I can't help to feel if I was a non book reader, reading through that thread, id be kind of pissed at how the moment has basically become an inside joke.

Maybe you should clarify then, because "There is no enjoyment in this moment... Not in the books, not in the show. It is a punch to the gut in both formats." sure doesnt sound like you're referring to the book readers gloating...

giga

When I finished the red wedding in ASOS, I didn't really care for Robb's death as much as Grey Wind's. Robb was a fool, but Grey Wind deserved none of that.

UraMallas

Hi guys, I'm from the No Book Spoilers thread and I just wanted to come in here and say how upset and disgusted and hurt I am over what just took place. I'm still in tears and I'm still shaking. I am contemplating not watching the show anymore because of this. First Ned in Season 1 then this. It's unbearable. I just need to know one thing right now in order for me to keep watching. Just answer yes or no:

Do the good guys get any justice whatsoever? And by justice I mean dead Joffrey. That's the only thing that can keep me watching at this point. I don't care if I'm spoiled. I want that piece of shit dead. And come to think of it I want all the Lannisters dead at this point.

We know that feeling. :( We have shared lots of stories about the Red Wedding in here and how it affected us the first time. I couldn't sleep that night and I had to stop reading for a week.

I refuse to spoiler you on upcoming events but I will say to keep with it. Good and bad, it's the way of the world. Don't give up on the story.

And, I feel you. :(

aFIGurANT

Grey Wind went out like a tame dog in the end which is both good and bad. He definitely evoked a lot more pathos going out killing eight guys before being killed versus just getting shot like a fish in a barrel.

RangersFan

I couldn't be happier than how they pulled of all of that in 1 episode. They captured the red wedding remarkably well in ~20 minutes and adding Talisa to the mix added so much to the visual impact. I'm patting myself on the back for essentially visualizing the fade out scene all those months ago and it happening just as how I saw it in my head. My heart was racing leading up to it knowing what was coming. Great episode.

jett

D-Member
I'm disappointed B&B didn't do an Arya-death fake out like in the book. I guess they didn't have the balls or the talent to do it justice.

I agree that the show tried to develop Robb, but they didn't do a good job of it.

Agreed, but still, he was the only one left to root for at this point in time. Anyway, the big event in the series is finally over. Non-readers can breathe a little easier now. Nothing that happens in the books after this point is even one tenth as interesting or shocking.

Ingeniero

I feel your pain man, it was heartbreaking, I almost cried when I read, a few tears fell tonight...

Go read the books, no need to spoil you, be strong man. Peace.

ultron87

I'm disappointed B&B didn't do an Arya-death fake out like in the book. I guess they didn't have the balls or the talent to do it justice.

I can't really think of a good way to do that fake out visually. It only works since the viewpoint chapter ends with her getting knocked out so you don't know what kind of blow it was.

Dawg

I'm disappointed B&B didn't do an Arya-death fake out like in the book. I guess they didn't have the balls or the talent to do it justice..

Was it possible though? In the books, we didn't knew
what part of the axe hit her
. In the show, we'd see it.

TCRS

Banned
a couple of tweets

Caitlin Kelly ‏@atotalmonet 1m

Somewhere, there's a couple all of a sudden reconsidering their Game of Thrones-themed wedding.

Anthony DeVito ‏@AnthonyDeVito 3m

At this rate, the final battle on #GameOfThrones will be between one guy and a couple of whores.

Tracy ‏@belletifiMD 6m

I hope Khaleesi swoops down in season 5 and burns Cersei's face off with one of her dragons #gameofthrones

Laura Sterritt ‏@LauraSterritt 6m

My two non reader friends just stormed out of the room and won't talk to anyone. #gameofthrones

A. Deno Vir, MD PhD ‏@Adenovir 1m

The #gameofthrones story isn't over until George RR Martin has ripped your heart out, stomped on it and shredded it in a meat grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom