• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

aFIGurANT

I can't really think of a good way to do that fake out visually. It only works since the viewpoint chapter ends with her getting knocked out so you don't know what kind of blow it was.

Just do the Tyrion hammer to the face POV like what we saw in S1 and let that be the fade to black at the end. Done and done with a sort of inshow reference thrown in there at the same time.

Amir0x

Banned
I really wish Rains of Castamere would have been playing throughout the massacre. But, one thing I did think was slightly more effective in the show then in the books: I really felt more moved by Arya being so close, yet so far. It really hit in the gut when you see her staring there at the promised land but once again not being allowed to enter.

RangersFan

Hi guys, I'm from the No Book Spoilers thread and I just wanted to come in here and say how upset and disgusted and hurt I am over what just took place. I'm still in tears and I'm still shaking. I am contemplating not watching the show anymore because of this. First Ned in Season 1 then this. It's unbearable. I just need to know one thing right now in order for me to keep watching. Just answer yes or no:

Do the good guys get any justice whatsoever? And by justice I mean dead Joffrey. That's the only thing that can keep me watching at this point. I don't care if I'm spoiled. I want that piece of shit dead. And come to think of it I want all the Lannisters dead at this point.

Anyway. I'm going to go cry some more. FUCK!

Damn, someone should start a "It Gets Better" campaign for those suffering in the aftermath of the Red Wedding.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, it takes this event, this low point, to make you want Stannis or the Targaryen girl to "win"

I almost want to add in the other topic (General spoilers, should be apparent up to this point in the show)
"hey, just think, while all the South is fucking around and killing each other, they don't even realize there's a growing Zombie Army that is coming to kill everything"

But hey, that might be too much.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Next episode is season finale?

Does that mean they'll show [ASOS]
Zombie Cat
?

I need to catch up with this show!

Hystzen

Any chance we'll see... ASOS
Grey Wind's head on Robb Stark next episode just to add another kick in the gut?

Nah I would say no chance , they didn't even kill the bear incase animal rights got onto them..then again could shock me and do it a start as the intro next episode

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
When I finished the red wedding in ASOS, I didn't really care for Robb's death as much as Grey Wind's. Robb was a fool, but Grey Wind deserved none of that.

ASOS
I was more upset to find out that they sewed Grey Wind's head to Robb's body. And that was just a throwaway line in a book.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So I guess this is one of the first things the show has spoiled the books on instead of the other way around.

Series:
If Robbs son is dead, whatever Jeyne Westerling has or doesn't have in the book is clearly irrelevant now. If she came back in Winds of Winter or Dream of Spring with a Stark son it would ruin the show. Looks like Jon his Robbs heir.

Then again, they never had the argument between Robb and Cat when Robb said he's making Jon his official heir.

ASOS
I was more upset to find out that they sewed Grey Wind's heat to Robb's body. And that was just a throwaway line in a book.

That was never ever ever actually shown. Ever. Just talked about in rumors. Why would they even bother?

jett

D-Member
I can't really think of a good way to do that fake out visually. It only works since the viewpoint chapter ends with her getting knocked out so you don't know what kind of blow it was.

In the book, unless I'm misremembering, the Hound is chasing Arya on horseback while she's on foot. It'd be fairly simple to do a shot close to the Hound's shoulder. You see him coming towards Arya from his perspsective. You see him raise his axe(I think it was axe), swing it and right before it hits Arya you cut to black. Like I said though, I'm not surprised at all. Visually this show couldn't be more pedestrian. Nearly every other show I watch is more interesting when it comes to cinematography and overall visuals.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So I read up on what (ASOS)
happens to Cat and she becomes a zombie? Fuck outta here GRRM, lmao.

I just had my friend basically say, "Fuck you, fuck Game of Thrones, I fucking hate all of you" and walk out of my apartment.

The other 6 non-readers were just sitting in stunned silence.

Dawg

The outrage on social media etc is pretty funny tbh. Imo, I really liked the RW, but I never really felt bad for losing Robb or Cat. Compared to my nigga ned, their deaths don't feel as bad.

Makes me wonder what would happen if Daenerys ends up dead at one point... would tumblr explode?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The number of "I'm done watching" reactions is bothering me even though I expected them. I really hope ratings don't start tanking. It's going to be a long offseason.

Amir0x

Banned
I just had my friend basically say, "Fuck you, fuck Game of Thrones, I fucking hate all of you" and walk out of my apartment.

I got texts from like 3 of my co-workers since the show ended just saying shit like "Fuck you, Chris" and "Really, Chris? Fucking really?"

ultron87

We had one outraged "What the fuck!?!" and one *staring at TV in stoic stunned silence* from our two non-readers. I found my other reader friend's cackling to be in poor taste.

Also, the Freys have the ugliest hats.

duckroll

nQSZQZ2.jpeg

Amazing. Lol.

When I finished the red wedding in ASOS, I didn't really care for Robb's death as much as Grey Wind's. Robb was a fool, but Grey Wind deserved none of that.

Same here. Robb made a bunch of stupid ass decisions but pushing his wolf away and ignoring the warnings was one of the worst

Wish we could have seen
Grey Wind fuck some people up before he went down though. But at the same time i'm glad they didn't actually show his death because that would have been brutal on me

Think of it this way: when you read the Red Wedding, you probably had a lot of the same reactions as the people in the show thread are having now. It took me awhile to have any kind of reaction besides ".............damn" after I read through what happened to Cat and Rob. If you had anyone at all to talk to about it, they were probably going through the same stunned silence that you were. I personally would have been mad as hell at someone fucking pointing at me and laughing "hahaha you feel bad!"

Don't be a dick.

Azrael

The red wedding was even more brutal than the book. At least in the book Grey Wind went down fighting, Sandor killed a couple Freys and Jeyne survived.

In the book, unless I'm misremembering, the Hound is chasing Arya on horseback while she's on foot. It'd be fairly simple to do a shot close to the Hound's shoulder. You see him coming towards Arya from his perspsective. You see him raise his axe(I think it was axe), swing it and right before it hits Arya you cut to black. Like I said though, I'm not surprised at all. Visually this show couldn't be more pedestrian. Nearly every other show I watch is more interesting when it comes to cinematography and overall visuals.

Oh come the fuck on.

jett

D-Member
Justify this statement. I expect screenshots and video examples to back up your claim.

Pfft, I don't have to do squat. GRRM isn't your bitch, and neither am I. You'll have to deal with me having the opinion I got. Personally, this show does nothing for me when it comes to camera and visuals. It's as dull and bland as D&D's interpretations of a large swathe of characters from the books.

Yeah, that's moronic. Expect more weirdness.

Hystzen

They wont. Same thing happened after Ned.

But this is season 3 and none of the "villains" are dead. Non book readers at moment who are raging view Starks as heroes and Lannister as villains so 3 seasons where heroes lose may affect rankings this time.

Season1 was fine due to fact Robb was starting his war to get revenge

TCRS

Banned
Rachel ‏@raeee823 1m

But really though, I'm still processing Game of Thrones. Alternating shaking and crying in a fetal position and angrily pacing.

Gina Gibson ‏@wine_and_gyne 1m

Welp, I just allowed a tv show to emotionally violate me to the point of physical shaking. I need so many hugs #gameofthrones

M. Bouie ‏@BouieDa17th 2m

#gameofthrones just cause people to break phones, laptops, and tvs. #bestbuy is sales are going through the roof tomorrow!

Emma Blackwell ‏@emmablackwell 2m

Everyone in my family is eating their game of thrones feels in the form of carrot cake. So much for this being a fun family activity.

too many tweet to go through

ASOS/Series?
Though I've never particularly cared for that element of the story either, it's not as if it has no precedent. Considering Berric Dondarrion shows up earlier in book 3/season 3 after having been revived by Thoros of Myr.

kirblar

Yeah, same guy who closed the doors.
The power of "limited budget", most likely. :)

After reading the EW interview, they specifically mention ASOS spoiler:
How Ep9 in S1 ends with darkness, and Ep10 ends with optimism. Cat's resurrection is totally ending this season (imo), and I hope they go all the way and include Nymeria as well.

dubq

Pfft, I don't have to do squat. GRRM isn't your bitch, and neither am I. You'll have to deal with me having the opinion I got. Personally, this show does nothing for me when it comes to camera and visuals. It's as dull and boring as B&B's interpretations of a large swathe of characters from the book.
Don't state opinions if you're not prepared to back them up, friendo. It's calls discourse, and it's the whole point of a message board. Of course, your refusal to back it up just makes me think you're full of shit. Oh well!

Also, again, B&B?

Dawg

Think of it this way: when you read the Red Wedding, you probably had a lot of the same reactions as the people in the show thread are having now. It took me awhile to have any kind of reaction besides ".............damn" after I read through what happened to Cat and Rob. If you had anyone at all to talk to about it, they were probably going through the same stunned silence that you were. I personally would have been mad as hell at someone fucking pointing at me and laughing "hahaha you feel bad!"

Don't be a dick.

It surprised me, yes. It shocked me, yes. But I didn't go "Welp, I'm quitting this shit". As I said, there are far more interesting characters I'd miss than Cat or Robb. They're pretty... bland. Of course it's worse in the tv show as you have real persons playing the roles, but I won't miss Robb or Cat I think. Robb was a charismatic dude, but people will forget about him quicker than they think. Just like everyone forgot about my nigga Ned.

And Cat...
will only get worse as Uncat

People get mad at GRRM for killing a lot of characters and they're right... He does kill off a lot of characters. But if you look at the persons who died, it's actually the least interesting characters who die. I've always liked Ned, but he made a lot of dumb choices. Just like Robb and Cat. The most interesting characters are still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom