• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is season 3 and none of the "villains" are dead. Non book readers at moment who are raging view Starks as heroes and Lannister as villains so 3 seasons where heroes may affect rankings this time.

Season1 was fine due to fact Robb was starting his war to get revenge

Which is why Season 3 must end with you know what.

jett

D-Member
Don't state opinions if you're not prepared to back them up, friendo. It's calls discourse, and it's the whole point of a message board. Of course, your refusal to back it up just makes me think you're full of shit. Oh well!

Also, again, B&B?

Oops, meant D&D. David Benioff and DB Weiss, the showrunners.

Can't wait to see this episode as soon as season 3 is available in my region. Only 10 more month to go ...

Pfft, I don't have to do squat. GRRM isn't your bitch, and neither am I.

So not only are you an expert on cinematography, you are also an internet badass?

Saterium

The power of "limited budget", most likely. :)

After reading the EW interview, they specifically mention ASOS spoiler:
How Ep9 in S1 ends with darkness, and Ep10 ends with optimism. Cat's resurrection is totally ending this season (imo), and I hope they go all the way and include Nymeria as well.

TV show spoiler and ASOS
next episode is called "Mhysa" which means Mother in Valarian.. So it's probably gonna end with her freeing the Yunkai slaves and Emilia Clarke makes her "I'm proud" face

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Episode 10
ASOS
Please don't reveal Stoneheart....

LET IT SINK IN FOR A YEAR

giga

Episode 10
ASOS

This.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 10
ASOS

Agreed.

That's when I stopped giving a fuck about the series.

Well that's cool and all but what's the difference between ASOS
Berric Dondarrion being brought back to life but not Cat? Is it because we saw/read about her death firsthand unlike Berric? Besides there are characters who do stay dead, thank god GRRM never decided to bring Robb back as well, that would have been truly awful.

Hystzen

I would hope so. That part was really satisfying.

asos
we're talking about tywin, right?

ASOS
I think he means Stoneheart, it too early in story for Joff or Tywin so Stoneheart is only choice left for next weeks episode

It surprised me, yes. It shocked me, yes. But I didn't go "Welp, I'm quitting this shit". As I said, there are far more interesting characters I'd miss than Cat or Robb. They're pretty... bland. Of course it's worse in the tv show as you have real persons playing the roles, but I won't miss Robb or Cat I think. Robb was a charismatic dude, but people will forget about him quicker than they think. Just like everyone forgot about my nigga Ned.

And Cat...
will only get worse as Uncat

People get mad at GRRM for killing a lot of characters and they're right... He does kill off a lot of characters. But if you look at the persons who died, it's actually the least interesting characters who die. I've always liked Ned, but he made a lot of dumb choices. Just like Robb and Cat. The most interesting characters are still alive.

Oh, I just meant don't be a dick and post laughing or grinch GIFs in the show thread. Here everyone has had a chance to reflect and everything, who cares go wild.

And who cares if someone's reaction is "I'm quitting?" (1) they probably aren't quitting, (2) even if they do, it's a piece of entertainment, you shouldn't get some kind of superiority boner because you didn't care as much as they did or you can take more misery than they can.

TripOpt55

Episode 10
ASOS

Agreed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Episode 10
ASOS

Way too soon for it. I mean, the BWB would have to be in 80% of the episode, to get them in the same area together. Still holding out for Coldhands.

Sai-kun

Banned
Episode 10
ASOS

Agreed.

dubq

He doesn't look like a zombie though.
ASOS
Cat only looks that way because of the water bloat on her corpse. It's not like she came back as a White Walkers wight ffs. She still has a brain. She can communicate and function..

jett

D-Member
Episode 10
ASOS

That is definitely not happening on Episode 10. That thing happened at the end of the book. Going by the preview the season finale is gonna be kinda eh.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Episode 10
ASOS

I really, really don't like this approach. People are pissed enough as it is. The only reason this story arc works in the books is because there's a lot of positive, or things that seem positive at first, later in the book to round them off. You can't just snipe Robb and Cat and say "fuck off, see you next year" to the viewers. I vehemently believe you lose a lot of viewers that way.

Any chance we'll see... ASOS
Grey Wind's head on Robb Stark next episode just to add another kick in the gut?

The fact that they showed Grey Wind getting killed makes me think they might. Just like how in season 1, episode 10 they start with that shot of Ice with blood on it and Ned's head to emphasize that, yes, he is dead. [ASoS]
They could do the same with a Robb-GreyWind on a throne or something and then tossing Cat into the river while making some quip about the Tullys being fish.

I can't really think of a good way to do that fake out visually. It only works since the viewpoint chapter ends with her getting knocked out so you don't know what kind of blow it was.

They could have done it similar to how they had Tyrion get knocked out at the start of the battle in season 1. I don't think that's as big of a fake out as some people did though. The RW is big enough on its own that the show doing a fake out amidst it all would kind of lessen the impact of what just happened.

I really, really don't like this approach. People are pissed enough as it is. The only reason this story arc works in the books is because there's a lot of positive, or things that seem positive at first, to round them off. You can't just snipe Robb and Cat and say "fuck off, see you next year" to the viewers. I vehemently believe you lose a lot of viewers that way.

But the whole point with [ASoS]
Stoneheart is that its this warped and fucked up version of Cat. You shouldn't really be cheering for Cat's resurrection or anything, its kind of gross and sad really. That's why I liked how the book handled her reveal really- its hinted at via Arya's Nymeria dream but the first time you actually see Stoneheart is after she's been hanging Freys for a bit. Prior to that, you're not really sure who Stoneheart is and the oomph of her reveal at the end of ASoS is that its this messed up version of Cat driven by hate. Its not really a fuck yeah moment but more sad, I thought at least.

FStop7

Banned
Great job with the wedding. Even knowing it was coming it hurt to watch. Oona getting stabbed and her dead body looking all grayish really disturbed me.

Is Larry the Otaku Assemble guy still doing GoT recap vids? Is he gonna melt down again like he did at the end of season 1?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Way too soon for it. I mean, the BWB would have to be in 80% of the episode, to get them in the same area together. Still holding out for Coldhands.

Sam said something about the black gate, so I doubt he's in this season.

Looks like Brans party will wander around for a while, and he'll find them beyond the wall without ever meeting Sam.

dubq

He also ASOS
was never dead long enough to start decomposing.

The rules about Rh'llor resurrection are still unclear.
ASOS
She is only dead three days. She is less decomposed and more bloated from the water that her body was floating in..

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Gentlemen. The buffet has begun.

https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

tumblr_meabz7Ww2M1rrw561o1_400.gif

And this popped up on twitter.
hzPfO.gif

rando14

I really, really don't like this approach. People are pissed enough as it is. The only reason this story arc works in the books is because there's a lot of positive, or things that seem positive at first, later in the book to round them off. You can't just snipe Robb and Cat and say "fuck off, see you next year" to the viewers. I vehemently believe you lose a lot of viewers that way.

entire series
Introducing Coldhands and maybe seeing the Blackfish getting away would probably be enough, I'd think. That way Bran's future looks kinda bright and at least someone survived.

Also when does Sansa leave King's landing again? That could be seen as a positive too in the right light

jett

D-Member

I wonder what they will do for the finale, if anything. After Ned died you had an awesome finale with the dragons. There's no material to work with here.

Saterium

ASOS
Cat only looks that way because of the water bloat on her corpse. It's not like she came back as a White Walkers wight ffs. She still has a brain. She can communicate and function..

ASOS/ADWD
She barely has a brain and doesn't really process thought because of how long she was dead. She also can't really speak anymore due to the cut on her neck. All she wants is vengeance on Jamie Lannister, without any rational thought - although that might change in TWOW since ADWD kinda ended on a cliffhanger.

TripOpt55

I thought it was great. Made me sad even though I knew what was happening. I think the way they killed Talisa plus the whole baby Ned thing made added to the hurt a little. I do think the end with Cat could have been translated better and maybe had Roose stab Robb in the back. Well done. Also had some good stuff with Bran for the first time in a while.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 10
ASOS

But but then it will feel like she's been floating around in the river for a year! Also what other big event could they end it with? Coldhands?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I wonder what they will do for the finale, if anything. After Ned died you had an awesome finale with the dragons. There's no material to work with here.

ASOS
It's going to be Cat's resurrection. People can have a problem with that or think it's dumb, in fact I don't love it either. But it's going to happen. I think that's pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom