• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

g7aSWz7.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I didn't care for the added forced feels with Talisa and the baby. The scene was plenty powerful enough without adding that extra hook in there.

We had one outraged "What the fuck!?!" and one *staring at TV in stoic stunned silence* from our two non-readers. I found my other reader friend's cackling to be in poor taste.

I was TRYING not to grin and smile, but I felt like Walder Frey. Heh.

Edit: LOL at pic above.

Knoxcore

ASOS
It's going to be Cat's resurrection. People can have a problem with that or think it's dumb, in fact I don't love it either. But it's going to happen. I think that's pretty obvious.

I think they need to. Three seasons of shitting on the "good guys" is clearly not going over well with non-book readers. I think the writers are aware of this. There needs to be some sort of optimism to close season 3 imo.

jett

D-Member
ASOS
It's going to be Cat's resurrection. People can have a problem with that or think it's dumb, in fact I don't love it either. But it's going to happen. I think that's pretty obvious.

I think that would make the show lose more viewers than the Red Wedding to be honest. Ii really can't end like that after what just happened. It's too soon, and it's too weird. :p I think it'd be a much bigger shock for that to be the end of next season.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I think they need to. Three seasons of shitting on the "good guys" is clearly not going over well with non-book readers. I think the writers are aware of this. There needs to be some sort of optimism to close season 3 imo.

I totally agree. No, I don't think it's ideal. But in my opinion it's much preferable to the idea of waiting almost a full year for any kind of significant optimism.

aeolist

Banned

uh

i dunno if that would qualify

Amir0x

Banned
Madness from book topic:

Jon is getting too popular and is too noble like Ned was and didn't kill that horse breeder. He'll most likely get killed by Mance Raider who will attack Jon at Castle Black, and with Tormund probably pull Jons guts out through his throat.

*tee hee*

There was zero reason for them to do the Arya fakeout and I'm glad they didn't do it. Showing the Hound running down Arya and implying that he would just kill her like that for zero reason would have been so dumb.

Saterium

Regarding Rickon... ASOS/ADWD
In the books, doesn't he go to Skagos and not to the Karstarks? I wonder what that change means for his fate in the books.

dubq

Not only that but it seems counter productive to bring back SERIES
Richard Dormer for one scene resurrecting Cat. It would make sense having it end out this season. Also.. Remember, the name for this episode is Mhysa.. Yes that is a direct reference to Dany and Yunkai.. But since Mhysa also means mother.. Who is arguably the most known mother on this show? Catelyn.

Okay, watched it now. Hoo boy that that a massacre, just as it should be.

I know it was supposed to be sad and fucked up and such, and it is. ...But I still got the same little thrill for a brief moment when Cat bought the farm as I did in the book because man, I fucking hated her.

Robb dying sucked, but he kinda made his bed on that one. Dumbass should have married the hot Frey girl.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
HEY GUYS I KNOW SHE GOT STAB BUT YOU THINK BABBY IS OK?

This thread is way more fun than the non-book one :p

friday

Nah, that got me. Her being stabbed got me right in the gut.

Right?

That was crazy to watch. I knew what was about to happen but the anticipation was killing me. Starting off the slaughter by stabbing her was just crazy. That was a great episode.

Man the non book people are loosing their fucking minds right now. I remember being upset, but I didn't want to rip my book apart or anything. Damn people crying and shit. Rob was doomed long before he went to that wedding. I do feel kinda bad for them since they will have to wait a year for the story to advance further.

eznark

Banned
Well that's cool and all but what's the difference between ASOS
Berric Dondarrion being brought back to life but not Cat? Is it because we saw/read about her death firsthand unlike Berric? Besides there are characters who do stay dead, thank god GRRM never decided to bring Robb back as well, that would have been truly awful.

He's got like 6 years til the next book, you never know!

suzu

Man the non book people are loosing their fucking minds right now. I remember being upset, but I didn't want to rip my book apart or anything. Damn people crying and shit. John was doomed long before he went to that wedding. I do feel kinda bad for them since they will have to wait a year for the story to advance further.

You mean Robb. :)

I know, I feel like I'm one of the few who didn't lose their shit after reading the Red Wedding. I felt bad (more about Cat, since it was from her POV), but not "fuck this shit I gotta go take a breather" bad. lol

jett

D-Member
Right?

That was crazy to watch. I knew what was about to happen but the anticipation was killing me. Starting off the slaughter by stabbing her was just crazy. That was a great episode.

Man the non book people are loosing their fucking minds right now. I remember being upset, but I didn't want to rip my book apart or anything. Damn people crying and shit. John was doomed long before he went to that wedding. I do feel kinda bad for them since they will have to wait a year for the story to advance further.

When I read the books, it was actually the bran/rickon fake out that got me the most. I wanted to throw the book into a fire when that happened.

The Red Wedding is interesting in the book because you know something fucked up is going to happen, but the book continually tries to reassure you that there's no way anything bad is going to happen...lolz. There's a constant sense of dread and tension that I personally didn't really feel much here, mostly I guess due to how the show is structured, constantly intercutting stuff from other places.

RangersFan

There was zero reason for them to do the Arya fakeout and I'm glad they didn't do it. Showing the Hound running down Arya and implying that he would just kill her like that for zero reason would have been so dumb.

the arya fakeout was absolutely necessary imo considering they alternate chapters between catelyn and arya for like 6-7 chapters straight iirc in asos. i remember it adding so much the emotion of reading it, so hopeful for a the long awaited reunion only to me devastated. GRRM masterfully played hard on your heartstrings in the part of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom