• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loofy

Gotta say Ive never seen a pregnant woman get stabbed in the belly on tv, multiple times too. Hell I dont think Ive even read anything like that happen in the news.
Show writers are sick fucks.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
ibuu696mCOKcLO.gif

Poor, poor Jorah. Simpin' ain't easy, man. Simpin' ain't easy.

Burt

Gotta say Ive never seen a pregnant woman get stabbed in belly on tv, hell I dont think Ive even read something like that happen in the news.
That's true, you can't even blame GRRM's well documented sadism for that one. Unless he wrote this episode. Then he's really just an asshole.

Gotta say Ive never seen a pregnant woman get stabbed in belly on tv, hell I dont think Ive even read something like that happen in the news.

It's a work of fiction dude...
I know you're not being completely serious

Wubby

The show skipped the part of Frey not wanting to give bread and salt to Robb and crew. In the show it just looked like he readily did. How is the show going to later show that there is a curse associated with breaking hospitality rules?

Man I hope someone was enough a dick to record their non-book friends while watching this shit. It's such a shame the otakuassemBOL guy got spoiled. Speaking of him, he posted his review of the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYm7z9_I0uE

Theres a couple of reddit threads for people to submit reactions/reaction videos to

http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/1enhlv/asoss3_spoilers_shocking_s3_events_that_the/

http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/1fjyxm/s3e09_operation_waw_reaction_videos_for_the/

LordCanti

Loof (trying to make sure this doesn't show up in your profile in case you're not a book reader) said:
Gotta say Ive never seen a pregnant woman get stabbed in the belly on tv, multiple times too. Hell I dont think Ive even read anything like that happen in the news.

There's been multiple cases of women cutting the fetus out of other women in order to claim the baby as their own. Sadly, this type of grizzly thing happens

It was definitely an "OHMIGOD" moment, even though I knew the RW was coming. I expected her to be a hostage and to be given moon tea or something, but not for her to be shanked.

The show skipped the part of Frey not wanting to give bread and salt to Robb and crew. In the show it just looked like he readily did. How is the show going to later show that there is a curse associated with breaking hospitality rules?

(Series)
Wyman. Motherfucking. Manderly. Too fat to sit a horse, but not too fat to bring House Frey low. All dat pie.

Burt

Not really spoilers now that we're passed it in the show, but I'm not taking any chances with how touchy some people are:

I thought in the book that he gave it to them readily and was just more than prepared to break the hospitality laws? Could be wrong.

I was a little disappointed they skipped over Greywind growling at Black Walder at the gates, that was some solid short-term foreshadowing. Then again, they don't really have Black Walder in the show and they're working within time limits, so it's understandable.

Didn't he?

I thought he only writes like an episode a season, and Robb's wife being preggo wasn't more than hinted at in the book. Was this really the one episode?

Troll crown. Someone fetch that man the troll crown. The entire series is predicated on getting you emotionally invested with characters and seeing these perfect paths carved out for them and then cutting those paths to bloody little smithereens.

LordCanti

Anyone who makes an E3 .gif of tonight episode for this years e3 is an ass.

If Roose's face is replaced by Kaz's, and Cat's face is replaced by Reggie's or...whoever Microsoft has now.... Mr.Nice Hair from the E3 press conferences, then it wouldn't really be a spoiler anymore.

I was just worried about someone from the other thread seeing it and putting two and two together, or someone that hasn't seen the episode yet. Can't spoiler tag images, so there was no way around that.

Vyer

Fuck that was brutal to see. Grey Wind closing his eyes stung as much as anything else.

Also not surprised some book readers fucked up the non book thread.

ASOS
Is that Jaime being shown returning to his family?that is odd considering he should not return til after the other wedding. Coldhands could be introduced later similar how they changed the Reeds but got feeling they might skip him

Yeah I was wondering that about [ASoS]
Jaime too. Not sure if it was just the way it was edited or not. But having him get all the way back to King's Landing way before Joffrey's wedding would be odd. Figured they might milk Jaime and Brienne travelling on the road for a bit longer, since Jaime doesn't get back to King's Landing until after Joffrey is dead, I recall.

LifEndz

Not really spoilers now that we're passed it in the show, but I'm not taking any chances with how touchy some people are:

I thought in the book that he gave it to them readily and was just more than prepared to break the hospitality laws? Could be wrong.

I was a little disappointed they skipped over Greywind growling at Black Walder at the gates, that was some solid short-term foreshadowing. Then again, they don't really have Black Walder in the show and they're working within time limits, so it's understandable.

I thought that
Kat insisted on it and he just obliged her. I don't recall there being any sort of hesitance or begrudging acceptance.

Wubby

I thought I remember Cat having to practically demand them to give them bread and salt. I'd have to go back and re-read to be sure though. Forgot about the Greywind bit too. There was a lot of foreshadowing that something was going to happen in the book.

Nuklear

Banned
I will say I was shocked to see that guy just run up and stab her in the gut. I didn't expect that at all and I have read the books. That was hardcore even by HBO standards.

Magnus

I've already forgotten; what has the show painted Meera and Jojen out to be, in terms of their origin and lineage?

I find them so superfluous, nearly as much as they seemed to be in the book.

Valravn

Ok, i had my doubts if they could pull of the brutality of the red wedding, but they succeeded.
I wonder how
people will react at the death of Joffrey.

Burt

I thought I remember Cat having to practically demand them to give them bread and salt. I'd have to go back and re-read to be sure though. Forgot about the Greywind bit too. There was a lot of foreshadowing that something was going to happen in the book.

I remember before they got there her drilling it into Robb to ask for it immediately because she suspected there might be something up without guestright and then thinking everything was fine once they got it, but I can't really remember the tone of the Freys as it happened. You could be right, been a while since I read the book.

Magnus

Ok, i had my doubts if they could pull of the brutality of the red wedding, but they succeeded.
I wonder how
people will react at the death of Joffrey.

Fucking parades in the street. People have been calling for the fucker's head since the middle of Season 1, haha, well before Ned bit the dust.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I've already forgotten; what has the show painted Meera and Jojen out to be, in terms of their origin and lineage?

They're still Reeds, loyal to the Starks.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

The show has made no mention of their Father (Unless they briefly tossed out his name when they were first introduced, I can't remember). There's only one other reason he's mentioned in the books, and that's something the show runners seem to not want to imply or foreshadow.

Hystzen

not much screen time at moment don't remember them explaining anything yet.

The twitter comments are hilarious. Not sure why the first reaction always seems to be "I'm done with this show." If it's affecting you so much then it's doing its job.

The final shot was almost funny. Guy just pops in from off-screen after a few beats of silence.

Guess I'm not a big fan of the show/adaptation seeing how I'm mainly happy we won't have to deal with more shitty scenes with these characters.

Sigh. Well, I did what I could by asking. But I knew some people weren't going to be able to help themselves in the No Book Spoilers thread. Hell, you could have said whatever you wanted to say in here.

Couldn't just read and enjoy the schadenfreude, you had to go and muddy the water, twist the knife, call attention to yourself, or whatever else. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom