• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Wow, I had no idea Robb's wife was spying. I did read most of AFFC on a plane while insanely sick, so I must have not being paying attention...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Series
Man, its a good thing they aren't having Rickon on anymore after this. Kid's a terrible actor and he looks like 3 times older than even what he's supposed to be on the show.

RyanDG

Wow, I had no idea Robb's wife was spying. I did read most of AFFC on a plane while insanely sick, so I must have not being paying attention...

ASOS/AFFC
It's not clear in the books. There's some implication with the pardon of the Westerlings that she had some role as a spy, or that there was work by her family to keep her from becoming pregnant (and she may not have known it), but it's all just speculation. The pardon seems to imply that the Lannister's knew for sure she wasn't pregnant with Robb's heir, otherwise there would be no justification to pardon her or her family's supposed treason (as it would likely be the spur to cause another rebellion).

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
You forgot to x out Rodrick and Maester Luwin.

There are a couple of more Xs you could throw up on that image.
Boom.
qecgZ9G.jpg

Magnus

I definitely felt the gut punch too when I first read tonight's chapters, but I also have to second the feeling that I never felt like 'tossing the book aside'. If anything, the events spurred me on to keep reading. I was more engrossed than ever.

RyanDG

Wait what?

Can someone explain why Bolton said ; The lannister's send their regards? Spoil me please, with tags of course lol.

ASOS/AFFC
The RW was orchestrated by Bolton and Frey with the Lannisters to get back into the Lannister's graces, as their contrition for their treasonous acts during Robb's rebellion.

scosher

It's like they created and killed the Talisa character JUST to give us book readers the same gut-punch. Did not expect that to happen, nor how horrific it was.

Wait what?

Can someone explain why Bolton said ; The lannister's send their regards? Spoil me please, with tags of course lol.

When Jaime left Harrenhal in episode 7, he told Bolton to tell Robb that the Lannisters send their regards. He didn't mean it nefariously or anything (he didnt know shit about what was going to happen at the twins), but then Boltonn twists it around when he actually says it

ASOS
in the book it was actually "Jaime Lannister sends his regards"

The whole point in introducing that Stark baby story line was just to make it hurt harder. Waited three years for this episode, and now it feels just as horrible as the first time. That fetus stabbing...

scosher

Wait what?

It was orchestrated with Tywin Lannister. Why do you think Bolton sent Jaime to Tywin and not to Robb? Also, Jaime is the one who told Bolton to send Robb his regards when they last parted at Harrenhal. But I'm sure you can surmise that Jaime could not have plotted this

Fey

Banned
HOLY SHIT just saw it with my friend holy crap

It's been 2 years since I read the RW, I knew it was brutal but DAMN, to see everything just crumble so suddenly, to see the Starks (in 2 separate situations!) almost meet. I think the whole episode really conveyed the whole, "The Northern rebellion is done, the Starks are screwed" message that you got in the book well. You really felt a loss of hope, and kind of a, "... what now?" feeling. I wish they focused entirely on the Starks this episode tbh, even though I know a Sansa scene probably wouldn't have fit in.

My only gripe was Roose Bolton literally side stepping out of nowhere, and delivering the line a little poorly.

Seeing Talisa killed like that, though, right after they speak of their child ... wowwowowow.

suzu

Uh, some of you guys need to watch yourselves with the spoilers HERE too.

Seriously? Alert a mod...but...I don't know which one has read the books.

Probably the poster that mentioned it in the first place. Edit: Oh I read your comment wrong. Duckroll I think?

LordCanti

Uh, some of you guys need to watch yourselves with the spoilers HERE too.

Marking what book the spoilers come from has kind of been on hiatus all night. An unmarked spoiler (though tagged) might be for the next episode...or it might be for a ton of things that happen all the way up until ADWD.

Jubs

Hopefully with Robby Stark dead, this pushes more people to back Stannis the Mannis. All hail your one true king!

Bread

Banned
vague asos spoiler posted in other thread
"the next wedding to attend, purple..."

fuck off majorarbiter or whatever your stupid ass name is, why are you hinting at shit in the no spoilers thread.
not sure if this needs to be spoiled in here as well

HOLY SHIT just saw it with my friend holy crap

It's been 2 years since I read the RW, I knew it was brutal but DAMN, to see everything just crumble so suddenly, to see the Starks (in 2 separate situations!) almost meet. I think the whole episode really conveyed the whole, "The Northern rebellion is done, the Starks are screwed" message that you got in the book well. You really felt a loss of hope, and kind of a, "... what now?" feeling. I wish they focused entirely on the Starks this episode tbh, even though I know a Sansa scene probably wouldn't have fit in.

My only gripe was Roose Bolton literally side stepping out of nowhere, and delivering the line a little poorly.

Seeing Talisa killed like that, though, right after they speak of their child ... wowwowowow.

David Nutter's direction is piss poor compared to the efforts of others on this series. I was really disappointed when I saw his name on the list for this episode.

RyanDG

Hopefully with Robby Stark dead, this pushes more people to back Stannis the Mannis. All hail your one true king!

To be honest, when I first read through this book, I honestly started thinking that Martin should just have the Others take over Westeros. Fuck them all. Every one that's left. But then he started dropping crumbs, and really focusing on some characters I really like, and I realized that there is still some good in some of them... Can't have them all burn.

LordCanti

"the next wedding to attend, purple..."

fuck off majorarbiter or whatever your stupid ass name is, why are you hinting at shit in the no spoilers thread.
not sure if this needs to be spoiled in here as well

It does. And yes, he shouldn't have done that

Jubs

TV Stannis is a chump though. Book Stannis is a king I can get behind.

Unsuprisingly, Martin was the only one to make Stannis look like a badass, in that Blackwater episode he wrote. D&D have botched Stannis pretty badly.

suzu

Marking what book the spoilers come from has kind of been on hiatus all night. An unmarked spoiler (though tagged) might be for the next episode...or it might be for a ton of things that happen all the way up until ADWD.

Well, ASOS
people are now openly lol-ing about the other thread saying zombie cat stuff now. Don't know if they're going to show that in the next episode or next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom