• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
I really hate the phrase. "a storm is coming"

its always metaphorical and always literally knocking you on the head 'some bad shit is about to go down'

jett

D-Member
I haven't read the books...but have spent countless hours on the AWOIAF (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/)

idmuajLFLZirF.gif

Here is the preview for next weeks episode if you haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4paRnLmWI

Looks like
Sam and Pyp are reunited? Guessing that means Sam gets back to Castle Black?

Huh... I'm wondering if he stops by the Nightfort to meet Bran or not now. Wondering if they'll have Coldhands meet up with Bran north of the wall now too. I guess saving Coldhands for only Bran keeps him a little more fresh and a more cool reveal than if Sam had already met him. Maybe they have Coldhands save Bran north of the Wall as an intro?

Kuroyume

Banned
Episode was great. Loved the shot of Greywind as he was dying. I think they handled the Red Wedding well although the musicians should have played worse. Btw, so Talisa wasn't bad? Wtf? Btw, happy to see Bran embrace his warg abilities.

What bothered me:

Hound and Arya was pulled of poorly. Loved their scenes in the book. Came off as cheesey on the show. Btw, I would have liked to have seen the Hound kill some soldiers and protect Arya after grabbing her.

Burt

Holy shit that was brutal. And no music over the credits is even crazier. Jesus fucking Christ. I mean, I read the books, but Jesus fucking Christ.

And now that I've got that out of my system, I should probably get some distance before I comment but I have to say that that'll probably go down as one of the best episodes of television ever. Watching through and know what was coming, all I could think about is what a shame it is that everything else is gonna fade out of memory except the wedding. From "Yer a wizard, Samwell!" on, everything was really just spectacular. Jon, Bran, Ygritte, Arya, the Hound, Edmure (during the ceremony), the swordfight... I really had a great time watching it all.

But seriously, Rains of Castamere, y'all.

God. Damn.

Massa

Episode was great. Loved the shot of Greywind as he was dying. I think they handled the Red Wedding well although the musicians should have played worse. Btw, so Talisa wasn't bad? Wtf? Btw, happy to see Bran embrace his warg abilities.

What bothered me:

Hound and Arya was pulled of poorly. Loved their scenes in the book. Came off as cheesey on the show. Btw, I would have liked to have seen the Hound kill some soldiers and protect Arya after grabbing her.

The RW isn't over yet...

I can't even think about next week, but if they take the piss further, I'll be so mad. Like the scene with Joffrey and Sansa showing Ned's head on a spike.

I swear if they behead Robb, Talisa, Catelyn, Blackfish and whoever died and have them hanging above spikes on the bridge, it'll be too much.

ASOS
Man, they really have to show Robb/Grey Wind now.

Hystzen

Looks like
Sam and Pyp are reunited? Guessing that means Sam gets back to Castle Black?

Huh... I'm wondering if he stops by the Nightfort to meet Bran or not now. Wondering if they'll have Coldhands meet up with Bran north of the wall now too. I guess saving Coldhands for only Bran keeps him a little more fresh and a more cool reveal than if Sam had already met him. Maybe they have Coldhands save Bran north of the Wall as an intro?

ASOS
Is that Jaime being shown returning to his family?that is odd considering he should not return til after the other wedding. Coldhands could be introduced later similar how they changed the Reeds but got feeling they might skip him

I can't believe they didn't even leave a second
of fear for Arya's life.
That should have been the cut to black.

I've been waiting for that cut to black for two years.

TWO.

YEARS.

bender

What time is it?
It took long enough for something to happen this season. Did they have to kill the wolf? :(

I never read the books.

What the hell did I just watch?
Where do they go from here?

My dreams are of Arya joining the Faceless Men seem like they are going to come true.

Hystzen

of fear for Arya's life.

TWO.

YEARS.

It makes sense for the TV viewers not to do that, shit is bleak enough don't want to really put viewers off the show

Ramirez

ASOS
Is that Jaime being shown returning to his family?that is odd considering he should not return til after the other wedding. Coldhands could be introduced later similar how they changed the Reeds but got feeling they might skip him

I doubt they skip him when they made the ravens such a focus when the Other attacked Sam & Gilly...

Massa

of fear for Arya's life.

TWO.

YEARS.

Unfortunately there can be only one cut to black, and they picked the right one.

Ryck

My wife cried and is inconsolable. She's lying on the floor in the fetal position with our dog and watching Beauty and the Beast 3D. I'm reading non book reader reactions with a cup of hot cocoa.

jorgeton

Well, they nailed the Red Wedding. I knew it was coming, still very hard to watch. When Talisa gets stabbed.. ugh, I felt sick. Damn. Just brutal, masterful TV.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Man, it's better than E3 with some of the .gifs people are making.
9Qs06UD.gif

Some people are confusing that for the show runners making a crappy emotional hook moment. Saying they did a Dario death fake out. That scene showed EXACTLY what it needed to and he did an amazing job for that shot.

Guh. Just finished the episode now. I was riding on an adrenaline/positive energy high from hanging out with friends and seeing an improv show, but the RW sapped ALL of that out of me in a matter of seconds.

plasmasd

After Ned, as a non book reader I just went and read that westeros wiki and read everything that happens to all the characters I liked and or hated. Glad I did it, or I would have been like one of those people on facebook saying they are never going to watch it again.

RyanDG

Question for book readers...

Where the books are now, do we know where Arya's direwolf is?

Series spoilers
Yes. If you want to know details, read below....

She's essentially leading a wolf pack terrorizing the countryside.

Burt

I need more screencaps of people bugging out. That shit is glorious.

My wife cried and is inconsolable. She's lying on the floor in the fetal position with our dog and watching Beauty and the Beast 3D. I'm reading non book reader reactions with a cup of hot cocoa.

Yeahhh c'mon guys, more stuff like this, I don't even know what's wrong with me I feel like the Joker.

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Sorry you're gonna have to deal with that though.

LordCanti

I need audio. If it weren't your wife I'd ask for video, but I'm trying to be respectful.

This is obviously a joke, just in case someones joke meter is malfunctioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom