• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

ASOS
Do you guys think Joffrey will go off the rails and begin his downfall on Sunday?

Oh yeah.

Ep 10 Preview Spoiler.
Joffrey has yet to say his "I am the KING!" line. In the books, if I recall correctly, this directly follows Joff saying "I can torment anyone I like" after Tyrion tells him that Sansa is under his protection now. Soon after this, Joffrey calls out Tywin for cowering in Casterly Rock while Robert took the throne, and Tywin tells Tyrion that Joffrey is going to need "a lesson".

Oh yeah.

Ep 10 Preview Spoiler.
Joffrey has yet to say his "I am the KING!" line. In the books, if I recall correctly, this directly follows Joff saying "I can torment anyone I like" after Tyrion tells him that Sansa is under his protection now. Soon after this, Joffrey calls out Tywin for cowering in Casterly Rock while Robert took the throne, and Tywin tells Tyrion that Joffrey is going to need "a lesson".

Yup.
It's right after Tywin decides to spare all the Northern houses that surrender, whereas Joffery demand they all be executed. It should come off quite awesome on screen. I wonder if they'll actually do something for the "lesson" Tywin later mentions briefly.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder which actress he was talking about. Certainly by the time the season 3 premier came all the red wedding people knew they were dead...

Pretty sure it's more than 4

(series)
Robb's wife (Talisa/Jeyne)
Mago
Rakharo
Irri
Pyat Pree
Xaro Xhoan Daxos
Dany's horse

There are some ambiguities with two of those, though. (Series)
Xaro doesn't die on screen in the show, so it's possible he's still alive (not that I expect he'll ever be mentioned again). And Pyat Pree is hinted to have been killed by Euron, although that happens off screen and we can't be sure if it's true or not. He's probably counting Xaro as dead and it's him, Irri, Rakharo and Mago, unless we're all forgetting someone.

Blatz

Who are the four people dead in the show but alive in the book? George just said that on Conan.
Ygritte is one I bet. Maybe Tywin and Shae

Oh. Nevermind. Thought you were talking about the actors who didn't know they were dead yet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There are some ambiguities with two of those, though. (Series)
Xaro doesn't die on screen in the show, so it's possible he's still alive (not that I expect he'll ever be mentioned again). And Pyat Pree is hinted to have been killed by Euron, although that happens off screen and we can't be sure if it's true or not. He's probably counting Xaro as dead and it's him, Irri, Rakharo and Mago, unless we're all forgetting someone.

Especially since random dude from Yunkai took his place a few episodes ago offering Dany ships

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ygritte is one I bet. Maybe Tywin and Shae

Oh. Nevermind. Thought you were talking about the actors who didn't know they were dead yet.

I would imagine those three are actors who aren't dead yet in the books. I have to think everyone who signs up in this show, even if they don't read the books, knows how long of a gig they have when they first sign up.

Blatz

I would imagine those three are actors who aren't dead yet in the books. I have to think everyone who signs up in this show, even if they don't read the books, knows how long of a gig they have when they first sign up.
You'd think so. But from reading interviews, some have no idea.

Dazzler

GRRM on Conan "I'm writing very fast" to keep up with the show.

tumblr_mdl6nu8PiU1r4p8y3.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Okay:

- NO-BOOK-SPOILER Thread: For discussion of the show only. Any comparisons, discussions, characters, etc are only within material from the show. No discussion of differences from the books, or how something was adapted.

If only that was what was actually occurring over there... this damn thread is actually safer right now!

Burt

If only that was what was actually occurring over there... this damn thread is actually safer right now!
I've never seen a more dangerous thread on GAF than the non-book thread right now. They changed it from no book spoilers to banning people that mention that they've read the book without updating the thread title. Best to stay clear. If there was a "hide thread" option on GAF I'd be using it right now just to ensure I couldn't make a mistake.

Good to hear he's writing fast. He seems to have been getting a lot of side projects completed and I'd imagine he's moving along with TWOW too. He had 400 pages in early 2012, perhaps he's nearing the halfway mark by now or has passed it. Seems possible and isn't overly optimistic. We all know about the structural and narrative issues that delayed ADWD, and with both issues behind him he should finish faster.

And yes, those are manuscript pages. 1500 ms pages equals about 900-930 in hard cover pages (same as ADWD).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
George R. R. Martin(Game of Thrones Writer) on Conan O'Brien

full interview

edit - best part is the stuff about Staten Island
Thanks! That was a great interview. Most interviews I watch with him usually have stuff I've heard before (cause, well, most interviewers just ask the same questions), but this was one of the more entertaining ones, and the stuff about Bayonne and Staten Island cracked me up.

I wish we had more concrete information about what "very fast" means to him, haha. But it shows he's well aware of the issue, at least, and is doing all he can. I just wish he'd stop falling in love with his own world and creating more subplots and just damn focus. Subplots are nice and all, but he doesn't need to have so many of them.

Question regarding the Hound and his future story: ASoS (and beyond I suppose)
If you cut out the whole Quiet Isle, then what happens to his character as far as the show goes? I know it's pretty much an impossible question to answer because by the end of the book that's the last thing we know about him, but if you try to think from the show's perspective I think they could possibly just have him killed off. Maybe GRRM will revisit him at some point in the books, but it sounded like, to me, that his story was done in this series. If so, I would guess our last scene with him is just being mortally wounded at the Inn fight, and then Arya maybe has a tear jerker, bittersweet goodbye with him. However they handle it, I don't think we will see much more of him.

Series
Ugh The Hound is dead, why can't he stay dead? Prime example of one of the characters in the series that "dies" and yet now he's apparently alive again when he already had a satisfactory and fitting death.

Series
Ugh The Hound is dead, why can't he stay dead? Prime example of one of the characters in the series that "dies" and yet now he's apparently alive again when he already had a satisfactory and fitting death.

Series
I think the evidence for him being alive is too great to ignore, but at the same time I hope that he doesn't come back into the story again because his "death" is actually very satisfying. The Hound is dead, Sandor Clegane is at peace. If he ever actually comes back to fight again, it'll completely ruin all of that. His arc should be done at this point

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Series
I think the evidence for him being alive is too great to ignore, but at the same time I hope that he doesn't come back into the story again because his "death" is actually very satisfying. The Hound is dead, Sandor Clegane is at peace. If he ever actually comes back to fight again, it'll completely ruin all of that. His arc should be done at this point

AFFC/ADWD
Normally I'd agree but... Screw that, I want moar Hound! Besides, his arc isn't done yet, he needs to kill his brother. And even if said brother is really just a Frankenstein-like Dullahan! :p

AFFC/ADWD
Normally I'd agree but... Screw that, I want moar Hound! Besides, his arc isn't done yet, he needs to kill his brother. And even if said brother is really just a Frankenstein-like Dullahan! :p

AFFC/ADWD
Actually I agree, I just don't want him to come back just to die. If he comes back, kills his brother and somehow manages to survive, i'll be totally happy with that. I just really don't want him to fucking die in the process

series
I really don't understand how anyone can say the red priest are full of shit

christ the 3 we have seen are basically the wizards in asoiaf, mel can birth shadow babies, is immune to poison, can see the future to some extend and can ignite a bird with just her mind, she can basically cast fireballs like in some dnd shit, Thoros can obviously resurrect dead people and the one with Victarion can also do some magic shit i am forgetting right now ^^
so yeah red priest are the real deal

Shadowbinder isn't exclusive to rhollor follower(see Mirri), valyria magic involve fire and blood so I would consider them able to manipulate fire, don't know how they were able to heal, and it pretty hard to have a accuracy description into looking in the flame, and we know how worthless is resurrecting the dead was. I mean the issue I have with the red priest is Quaithe vague prophecy and the stupid shit Melisandre doing. I meaning really, burning the statue of the seven. How fucking stupid do you have to be to make a whole population hostile to your religion, just so she can do a stupid show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom