• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

Wasn't that because she wasn't happy with the way she looked because of just having a kid?

Nah, she was still pregnant at the time.

From an interview with Nikolaj:
She was also pregnant during filming, but not so far along that you could see it clearly. But she had to have a stand-in in a nude scene with me.

Snake

Series
I had assumed that her punishment in her Feast/Dance story would be rewritten to avoid the heavy nudity required, but her comments on nudity make it sound like she and the producers have alteady discussed the scene and she's down for it.
ibvT6oJfaFbhng.gif

I'll be in my bunk.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
You mean you've read the books but want to use the TV show to refresh your memory? Yeah, I think it can do that. There are some changes, amalgamated characters, etc, but you'll probably find stuff coming back that you'd forgotten about. It's worth watching if you haven't seen it either way.

I'd also recommend the chapter summaries on Tower of the Hand if you want a more in-depth refresh without re-reading the whole series.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks for the link.

GRRM has described Dorne as Wales mixed with Spain and Palestine and the Rhoynish influence being like the Moorish influence on Spain. I don't care what direction they go with as long as the actors are good but Dorne definitely has its own flavor in the books so Spain/Morocco would be cool.

"What's the strangest thing you've eaten?"

"Do Dornish girls count?"

They ought to be exotic enough for this joke to make sense.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
http://www.vulture.com/m/2013/06/len...witter_vulture

Lena Headey interview I just saw on Twitter seems like it has some hints on how they're going to be handling some future events for her.

Series
I had assumed that her punishment in her Feast/Dance story would be rewritten to avoid the heavy nudity required, but her comments on nudity make it sound like she and the producers have alteady discussed the scene and she's down for it.

Interesting. [series]
I didn't know her reasons for not wanting nudity, I thought she just didn't want to do that anymore (which is totally cool and understandable of course). While she claims she hasn't read the books, she definitely knows what's coming up for Cersei, so I assume D&D told her about the Walk of Shame. Glad to hear she's good for it, it's one Cersei's pivotal scenes and I imagine it'd be awkward filming that with a body double the whole time (and it'd be a shame to just completely cut it or rewrite it).

Coincidentally, the current June page on my ASoIaF calendar is this, haha.

Hindle

Banned
Seven seasons is when the show will finish apparently. I'm assuming the writers are going to end the show in thier own way and GRRM will end the series the way he envisioned.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Okay, in the non-reader thread I spotted a guy posting stuff from the book. It's a minor thing, but it's something that wasn't said in the TV series. I'm not sure if the poster has claimed to be a book reader or not but he seems to post exclusively in that thread. If he claims to be a non-reader, that calls for a ban, right? If he hasn't claimed that, then he just slipped and that's more forgivable.

I'll try to dig more and find out if he claims to be a non-reader I guess...

Edit: ok, I found a post where he says he's read the first two books, but not the third. I'll PM him and let him know of his slip-up (the book bit he posted is from book 1).

Massa

They could easily get away recasting both Myrcella and Tommen. It's not like people are going to recognize the actors anyway.

ASOS
Might only be necessary for Tommen though. I mean, the kid probably looks older than Jack Gleeson now.

They did already recast the Mountain, so it's not like they're averse to it, and I doubt most people even remember what Myrcella looks like at this point. But it's not like she would be that out of place, given how fast Bran and Sansa have aged up in the show (and they still had Sansa say she was 14).

Altazor

[AFFC]
#TeamDarkstar 4 life.

Defeated Myrcella in single combat. Dude is a legend.

[AFFC]
shiiiiieeeeet man, thankfully Darkstar appears briefly on the book, does his thing and runs away, otherwise he'd be as shitty as Daaaaaaaario. "I AM OF THE NIGHT" - sure you are, dude. Sure you are.

Iksenpets

Banned
It's Myrcella. Damn. Shit. Major rewriting or recasting needed. xD

I don't think they really need to rewrite anything there. series
I mean, what does she need to do? Be all young girl in love with her Dornish fiancee and be all naive and trusting of Arriane and her schemes? Early teen seems a pretty good age for that. And it'd be weird to suddenly have the Lannister kids recast so that they're frozen in time while everyone else grows up.

Tommen I'll have to see, but he probably needs to grow up a little, anyway, to counter the creepy factor that would emerge from them having aged Margaery up so much. As he was when last seen in season 2, that would probably be like 10x creepier than the book, where Margaery could still pass as childish.

Noema

GRRM has described Dorne as Wales mixed with Spain and Palestine and the Rhoynish influence being like the Moorish influence on Spain. I don't care what direction they go with as long as the actors are good but Dorne definitely has its own flavor in the books so Spain/Morocco would be cool.

[ASOS]
Imagine Javier Bardem as prince Oberyn GOD LORD. Not that it'd ever happen but MAN.

And Arianne better be extra hot :p

ebevan91

Seven seasons is when the show will finish apparently. I'm assuming the writers are going to end the show in thier own way and GRRM will end the series the way he envisioned.

The 2 main guys D&D say around 80 episodes is their target, being 8 seasons.

The guy that said 7 was some random guy on the production team, I think.

ebevan91

They could easily get away recasting both Myrcella and Tommen. It's not like people are going to recognize the actors anyway.

ASOS
Might only be necessary for Tommen though. I mean, the kid probably looks older than Jack Gleeson now.

Well, they might recognize the actors on re-watches of seasons 1 and 2.

Hmmmm.... Somebody just posted a picture from episode 10 over on the Westeros.org forums and its apparently floating around Tumblr.

Its something from the book, but I guess if you don't want your TV viewing experience for episode 10 spoiled, even if you're a book reader, don't look within the spoiler tags. I think the picture is legit.

Seriously, if you want a unspoiled episode 10 experience don't look!
[ASoS]
Its a picture of RobbWind: http://tinyurl.com/n4byger

That looks so odd.

Yeah... I don't know about it.

[ASoS]
I guess in the books they supposedly had him on a chair with his crown on too, right? Maybe it just looks so odd since he's on a horse and the direwolf head looks comically over sized? Or that you can't really tell its Robb's body since he's all wrapped up in ropes. I don't know.

Another thing from the leaked pictures and also hinted at in the episode 10 preview [ASoS/ AFfC]
Sure looks like they're having Jaime get back to King's Landing already. The logistics of which are pretty bizarre, since he'll presumably be back before Joffrey is dead and thus Brienne is back in King's Landing before Sansa is gone? That seems like a significant over sight by the writers, unless they're changing the plot up significantly going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom