• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Interesting. [series]
I didn't know her reasons for not wanting nudity, I thought she just didn't want to do that anymore (which is totally cool and understandable of course). While she claims she hasn't read the books, she definitely knows what's coming up for Cersei, so I assume D&D told her about the Walk of Shame. Glad to hear she's good for it, it's one Cersei's pivotal scenes and I imagine it'd be awkward filming that with a body double the whole time (and it'd be a shame to just completely cut it or rewrite it).

Coincidentally, the current June page on my ASoIaF calendar is this, haha.

One thing about that,
(ADWD)
the walk of shame describes Cersei as being, well, somewhat unattractive when undressed. That's stretching disbelief.

LEAK
maybe it'll look better in motion...but that does look pretty ridiculous. It doesn't even actually look like Grey Wind's head because of the colors and how big it is. Looks like a fucking bear or some shit

[leak]
No way the wolves are that big in the show Vyer

How embarassing.

I still prefer this one! Fits in more dialogue from TPB and the ending is pretty hilarious.

The one you linked is better edited though imo. I noticed they jumped a beat with Catlyn's death there. I think that would've been much better in the actual show. (of course keeping the same camera angle whereas this one forces a jump)

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why did Robb get married in the Southron style when neither him nor Talisa follow the Seven? That's got to create confusion among show-only people.

MNC

LEAK
It's not the size that bothers me, it's the fact it looks so unlike a wolf and the colors are really weird.

Moff

[LEAK]
puh, cant say that doesnt look ridicoulus. I dont know if the size is really right, we saw grey wind in his box last show, was he really that big? that size with that tongue makes it really look ridicoulus at first sight.

They are shots from the set so we don't know how it will look on screen.

[LEAK]
I dont know if thats true, there wer reports that on set it was actually an ox head, that would make this version the final one

Somebody posted that picture on Facebook and one of my friends commented on it. Since he commented on it, the picture now appears on all of his friends' feeds. This is going to cause a shitstorm.

Drazgul

[LEAK]
puh, cant say that doesnt look ridicoulus. I dont know if the size is really right, we saw grey wind in his box last show, was he really that big? that size with that tongue makes it really look ridicoulus at first sight.

Looks completely different, and wrong size, too: http://i.imgur.com/ItgLrMl.png - a rather amateurish mistake to make at a glance, but I'll reserve final judgement for when I've actually seen the episode, itself.

ramyeon

Somebody posted that picture on Facebook and one of my friends commented on it. Since he commented on it, the picture now appears on all of his friends' feeds. This is going to cause a shitstorm.
This is so annoying. There's some guy on my university's group page that gets his jollies off of spoiling every single thing in GoT for people a day or two before the episode.

He just made a new conversation in the group asking people to share wallpapers and posted that photo.

Nibel

This is so annoying. There's some guy on my university's group page that gets his jollies off of spoiling every single thing in GoT for people a day or two before the episode.

He just made a new conversation in the group asking people to share wallpapers and posted that photo.

Delete him

Yeah, really annoying. The funny thing is that the person who commented on the photo was pissed off that the page spoiled the episode, but his comment then made it appear on all of his friends' walls as well.

Mario007

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why did Robb get married in the Southron style when neither him nor Talisa follow the Seven? That's got to create confusion among show-only people.
Not a book reader, but I think there was simply no face tree down in the South (I think they're all cut-down?). I remember when Jon took his wows he had to go to that tree to pray to the old gods so I assume Robb couldn't get married under the old gods down South so just went ahead and got married under the Seven.

Solo

Just finally got around to watching Episode 9. Brilliant. That's now 3 straight seasons where Episode 9 is the best episode of the season.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
One thing about that,
(ADWD)
the walk of shame describes Cersei as being, well, somewhat unattractive when undressed. That's stretching disbelief.
Fix your tag, it's ADWD haha. [ADWD]
I don't think she's portrayed as unattractive per se, but remember her head has been shaved off, and this is an aging, ungroomed Cersei with gravity starting to take its toll, with no make-up, with visible stretch marks from 3 pregnancies, who had just spent some time in a prison cell starving herself. She gets jeered from the crowds because she is, in the end, just an ordinary woman beneath that glorious golden mane and her beautiful dresses, jewels and make-up. She went from the powerful, icy-beautiful seductive queen to a normal woman. Totally believable that men in the crowd would say cruel things about her appearance, IMO.

Not a book reader, but I think there was simply no face tree down in the South (I think they're all cut-down?). I remember when Jon took his wows he had to go to that tree to pray to the old gods so I assume Robb couldn't get married under the old gods down South so just went ahead and got married under the Seven.
I think it's just the showrunners who goofed, honestly. Ned did get married in a sept, but Catelyn was raised by the Seven. In Volantis they worship R'hllor so it's not like Robb would go with the Seven for her, and Robb is the king in the north, it should have been an old gods ceremony.

I also dislike the reciting of vows in the show, it sounds stupid. I also preferred the exchange of cloak instead of just the groom cloaking the bride. Not nerdraging (really!) but it slightly annoys me. #NOONEUNDERSTAAANDS

Dysun

The Red Wedding was awesome.

So much for the book readers concerns about Robb's storyline being blundered. To think some people called it Renly 2.0 in the making (lol), epic meltdowns everywhere. David and Dan did this scene great justice, just like they have been promising from the start. I didn't mind the removal of the Arya fake-out since I never bought it in the books either. Talisa not being a spy is the best thing about the episode. That would have ruined the RW. Richard Madden and Michelle Fairley were great as Robb and Cat, I'll miss them for sure. Cat's final scream was haunting :(

Michal McElhatton as Roose Bolton is a cold motherfucker, those looks he kept giving Robb and Cat were so menacing and foreboding. I always pictured his killing blow on Robb a little bit more epic than depicted, it came off kinda sad and pathetic for Robb (but that fits). I did enjoy his delivery of “The Lannisters send their regards”, it was startling to see the real Roose let loose. Walder Frey's actor was also great, his portrayal was spot on “The King in the North Arises heh!”.

Episode 10 Speculation/Hopes/Leak talk
Robbwind looks comical in that shot, hopefully it looks better in motion. Must be the oversized head and tongue just looks wrong.

It looks like Sam might not meet Coldhands in the show, nor will they have the magic Nightfort gate. Sam remarks about knowing a secret entrance in episode 9 and the previews showed him with Pyp (at Castle Black already?). Perhaps he just shows up in front of Bran and helps him through before heading on to Castle Black—maybe around the same time as Jon. If that's the case then Coldhands will rescue Bran at some point next year from wights or others, was hoping to see him this season.

Stoneheart's kiss of life will be the final shot of episode 10. It will add some catharsis to the brutality of the RW.

The Red Wedding was awesome.

So much for the book readers concerns about Robb's storyline being blundered. To think some people called it Renly 2.0 in the making (lol), epic meltdowns everywhere. ]

Yeah, I can't believe some thought that the Red Wedding wouldn't have the same amount of impact on show watchers.

What HAS surprised me though is that the interval between "fuck this series, never again" to "that was a tragic but ballsy move and I can't wait to see what happens" has been a lot shorter then I thought. This week in particular, the show's really solidified itself into the mainstream cultural Zeitgeist.

I have to say, I am a little worried that now that they got to the Red Wedding, D&D might not have the same passion for the rest of the material. I hope that doesn't happen.

Dysun

Yeah, I can't believe some thought that the Red Wedding wouldn't have the same amount of impact on show watchers.

What HAS surprised me though is that the interval between "fuck this series, never again" to "that was a tragic but ballsy move and I can't wait to see what happens" has been a lot shorter then I thought. This week in particular, the show's really solidified itself into the mainstream cultural Zeitgeist.

I have to day, I am a little worried that now that they got to the Red Wedding, D&D might not have the same passion for the rest of the material. I hope that doesn't happen.

Based on the rest of ASOS I expect they are properly motivated to at least see out the end of that book. Let the readers sweat out AFFC/ADWD adaptation, although I don't think D&D are going anywhere.

I expect the finale to get the biggest ratings for the show to date

cj_iwakura

Fix your tag, it's ADWD haha. [ADWD]
I don't think she's portrayed as unattractive per se, but remember her head has been shaved off, and this is an aging, ungroomed Cersei with gravity starting to take its toll, with no make-up, with visible stretch marks from 3 pregnancies, who had just spent some time in a prison cell starving herself. She gets jeered from the crowds because she is, in the end, just an ordinary woman beneath that glorious golden mane and her beautiful dresses, jewels and make-up. She went from the powerful, icy-beautiful seductive queen to a normal woman. Totally believable that men in the crowd would say cruel things about her appearance, IMO.

Agreed, but even so, they're going to have to put Headey through some serious make-up work, leading me to think they're either going to tone it back somewhat or really tweak her looks.

Of course, for all I know she does look totally normal, but somehow I doubt it. :p

-griffy-

Banned
LEAK:
Of course the colors look weird guys, Greywinds head is all dirty and bloodied. I'm sure it'll look better in motion too with it bouncing back and forth and the tongue lolling around. The whole point of it is that it's so disrespectful and demeaning, it's supposed to look ridiculous. It's making a mockery if him.

And yeah, that head looks right on for the size. Didn't anyone see how big they were when Shaggy Dog/Summer were munching on wildling face last episode?

ebevan91

I have to say, I am a little worried that now that they got to the Red Wedding, D&D might not have the same passion for the rest of the material. I hope that doesn't happen.

Well, to be fair, AFfC hadn't been out for too long when D&D decided to do the show, and ADwD was still what, 6 years away?

Massa

Here's a screencap from last week's episode for reference:

uN3quu5.jpg

MORE LEAKS

I think those are just part of the original leaked pictures.

One thing about the one picture and how it could tie into the end of the season: [Leaks/ ASoS/ Episode 10 speculation]
Showing RobbWind and thus showing Robb without a head could be the show's way of tying back into what Beric said about R'hllor's resurrection not working minus a head. ALthough, I don't know what they'd end up doing to Talisa's body, since we know they toss Cat in a river.

Then you have the name of the episode "Mhysa" referring to Dany, but possibly Cat as well. Cut to this song from the soundtrack sounding like the track named "Mhysa" and I could see them showing Beric and Thoros resurrect Cat as the last scene this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom