• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

LEAK
I'm actually kind of curious how jaime and joffrey will interact with each other, especially at joffreys wedding. it doesnt necessarily need to be a bad change

RyanDG

I am not a fan of these changes with Jamie and Brienne.

ASOS/AFFC
I don't even know how they are planning on doing this... This Jaime and Brienne change is extremely puzzling considering what it means for the story lines.

Dysun

leak
With Robb/Cat dead and Winterfell burned, their only plausible option would be to send Sansa to her crazy-Aunt Lysa lol
I don't think it's a big characterization change if they resolve to keep her safe at King's Landing and she escapes in the PW chaos

RyanDG

LEAK
I'm actually kind of curious how jaime and joffrey will interact with each other, especially at joffreys wedding. it doesnt necessarily need to be a bad change

AFFC
I guess it does ultimately mean that when Brienne catches back up with Stoneheart, that now Lady Stoneheart truly does have a justification to hang her, rather than it simply being a case of misunderstanding. This story line change means that Brienne is at King's Landing with Sansa, and likely is rumored to fraternizing with the Lannister's. This means when Stoneheart's Band of Merry Followers catches back up with Brienne, they would then use that as the real justification for her death. But that whole story arc should be so far away?

Not a book reader, but I think there was simply no face tree down in the South (I think they're all cut-down?). I remember when Jon took his wows he had to go to that tree to pray to the old gods so I assume Robb couldn't get married under the old gods down South so just went ahead and got married under the Seven.

There's a godswood in King's Landing where Sansa goes to pray. So I guess other southern communities have them. And I suppose Robb might have done it to please Catelyn.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Leak speculation
J+B get back to KL and B is immediately thrown in a cell. PW happens and Sansa escapes. J frees B from the cell and sends her on her way with Oathkeeper to find Sansa and keep her safe. B doesn't ever have to see Sansa in KL.

RyanDG

Leak speculation
J+B get back to KL and B is immediately thrown in a cell. PW happens and Sansa escapes. J frees B from the cell and sends her on her way with Oathkeeper to find Sansa and keep her safe. B doesn't ever have to see Sansa in KL.

ASOS
Jaime will be freeing lots of people then if they go that route lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
LEAK
We don't know if Jamie is actually in King's Landing though...
LEAK
There's a pic of Jaime standing in front of a blond woman with the same hairstyle as Cersei in a room that looks a lot like the one where Cersei pushed Tyrion onto the steps last season. If it's not KL then they're really fucking with us.

Eidan

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why did Robb get married in the Southron style when neither him nor Talisa follow the Seven? That's got to create confusion among show-only people.
Que? I thought all the Stark kids worshipped the old gods and the new. Or was that just one line given to Arya?

Speevy

Banned
The show needed a single wedding ritual so people wouldn't be confused.

Everyone gets married with the cloak and saying the words.

Leeness

LEAK
Well, perhaps that will give Brienne's "search" for Sansa more purpose. Which could only be good, I mean, most people said they were frustrated with Brienne's AFFC story because we knew she was heading the wrong way. This way, her journey is purposeful, but just keeps getting messed with/Stoneheart'd. I think it's a good change.

Also, RobbWind :D

Burt

Complete speculation for the entire series based on a drunk conversation I had last night, but I'm gonna tag it anyway:
I'm calling it right now that John Snow ends up tempering Longclaw (or maybe he somehow ends up with the remnants of Ice via Brienne's sword) in Dany's heart to make it Lightbringer. There's absolutely no way that GRRM has reiterated that part of the prophecy so many times throughout the series just to throw it away. A sword's gonna end up getting tempered in someone's heart, and what better way to turn a blade into Lightbringer (which emits heat, per Maester Targaryen) than to plug it into the heart of the Dragon? Fits in perfectly fine with GRRM's goal of a bittersweet ending, too.

*saves post to bring back up in 2019*

As for tomorrow night,
can't believe they're really showing it. Didn't even do that in the books.

MNC

Complete speculation for the entire series based on a drunk conversation I had last night, but I'm gonna tag it anyway:
I'm calling it right now that John Snow ends up tempering Longclaw (or maybe he somehow ends up with the remnants of Ice via Brienne's sword) in Dany's heart to make it Lightbringer. There's absolutely no way that GRRM has reiterated that part of the prophecy so many times throughout the series just to throw it away. A sword's gonna end up getting tempered in someone's heart, and what better way to turn a blade into Lightbringer (which emits heat, per Maester Targaryen) than to plug it into the heart of the Dragon? Fits in perfectly fine with GRRM's goal of a bittersweet ending, too.

*saves post to bring back up in 2019*

As for tomorrow night,
can't believe they're really showing it. Didn't even do that in the books.

I once read a spoiler that ADWD
Jon Snow dies in ADWD?
Is this not true then?

iammeiam

ADWD
Jon is stabbed, whether he's dead is not clear, readers consider it unlikely.

(ADWD)
And if he is dead, it's expected Melisandre will bring him back. Basically his death has no impact because no reader thinks it will actually stick.

Snake

Michal McElhatton as Roose Bolton is a cold motherfucker, those looks he kept giving Robb and Cat were so menacing and foreboding.

ibfE7o2UeshSCv.gif

Betty

Banned
(ADWD)
And if he is dead, it's expected Melisandre will bring him back. Basically his death has no impact because no reader thinks it will actually stick.

Pfft, no impact? My heart was going 10 to the dozen when it went down.

but yes it really doesn't impact much.

Gvaz

Banned
GRUM said that "at least four people died in the tv show who were alive in the books now" (at the red wedding)

Who could that be? I can think of two possibilities, but not four.

GRUM said that "at least four people died in the tv show who were alive in the books now" (at the red wedding)

Who could that be? I can think of two possibilities, but not four.

series
Mago
Rakharo
Irri
Xaro Xhoan Daxos?
Pyat Pree?
Talisa/Jeyne

and they also killed Dany's horse which is still alive in the book

And I think someone pointed out a few more some pages back

HigXx

Please excuse the daft question, but is the tv-tie Game of Thrones book any different to the other versions other than the cover, I bought it today and the "tv-tie in" bit made me think there might be bits missing?

Angry Fork

For those who have read the books: Is there any particular significance to the direwolves within the context of the entire saga? Like is there an explanation for why GRRM put them in and connected them to each main character? No spoilers if you can.

I'm just interested because it feels like there's a vague, thin supernatural element to them that I find interesting. Like the wolves are to this world what cats were to ancient egypt or something.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The leaks are down, anyone have mirrors?

For those who have read the books: Is there any particular significance to the direwolves within the context of the entire saga? Like is there an explanation for why GRRM put them in and connected them to each main character? No spoilers if you can.

I'm just interested because it feels like there's a vague, thin supernatural element to them that I find interesting. Like the wolves are to this world what cats were to ancient egypt or something.

Jon Snow says it in episode friggen 1. The Old Gods meant them to have them. There are 6 direwolf puppies, 4 boys and 2 girls. Rare enough that a direwolf is south of the wall, rarer still that they are in the path the party takes runs across them.

iammeiam

Thoughts on the leak:
I wonder which characters will actually be around to see Robb's body being shown off. I could see either the Brotherhood being in the area, or the show just deciding to beat on Arya further and have her see it first-hand, go ballistic, and get to restate the line about needing a head to come back.

Non-leak SoS-related:
I'm also hoping the show uses Sansa learning about the Red Wedding as a vehicle to drive a wedge between Shae and Tyrion to prep for next season's events. Have Sansa break down, Tyrion go in for a simple supportive hug, Shae walk in and misinterpret and get angry or something. Show Shae is entirely too likable and nice to Sansa at this point.

Angry Fork

Jon Snow says it in episode friggen 1. The Old Gods meant them to have them. There are 6 direwolf puppies, 4 boys and 2 girls. Rare enough that a direwolf is south of the wall, rarer still that they are in the path the party takes runs across them.

I forgot.

Its kind of crazy that the show is practically already on ADwD material for some characters. [ADwD/Series]
Assuming Bran and company get to the Nightfort and pass through the Black Gate in episode 10, Bran only has 3 chapters of book material after that. Granted, they could add in more material and lengthen Bran's journey with backstory and exposition like they kind of did this year. Plus meeting Coldhands, if they don't cut him. Still, its kind of crazy to think that the show is REALLY close to outpacing the books.

I forgot.

When they find the direwolf mother dead in the snow with the pups around her, they pull a stag antler out of its neck. Stag = Baratheon, Wolf = Stark

A lot of the stuff regarding the wolves hasn't made it into the show yet. I don't know what will end up coming up in future seasons, but there are at least a few awesome things that I wish had been included on the show

(AGOT - ASOS)
-On the show, Sam just randomly happens upon the buried cache of dragonglass weapons. In the book, it's Ghost (Jons wolf) who finds the cache and leads Jon to it.

-On the show we haven't seen or heard anything about Arya's wolf since she ran away. In the book, we sporadically hear people talking about a pack of wolves forming in the riverlands led by a supersized wolf from hell that has been going around fucking people up. When Arya escapes from Harrenhal, she spends a while riding away trying to find Riverrun, and the whole time she's worried that they're going too slow and they'll eventually be captured and taken back to Harrenhal. Then at one point, she sees a pack of wolves led by a much larger wolf and for some reason she howls at it, and it howls back. That night she has a dream like one of Bran's, in which the giant wolf and her pack completely annihilate a scouting party that was looking for Arya

There's a lot more going on with the wolves in the books than in the show. Hopefully some of this stuff will end up surfacing in later seasons though.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Man, this thread got so full of black bars all of a sudden. Not looking at any of them. Gonna watch it like a good little boy and see it for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom