• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaime was really good with the backstory in the tub, and I really think that Nikolaj is killing it this year. Although fucking HBOGo's 5.1 sound is shit, so I had to repeatedly rewind that scene because Jaime's gruff dialogue in that was usually hard to make out.
It was that way on cable, too. I had trouble making out some of his lines.

Great episode, and the bath scene with Jaime was perfect.

Captions people, learn them, love them. HBO's sound is shit though, no doubt.

My big gripe with the Sansa storyline is Loras.
The writers had Tyrion point out like 3 episodes ago that Jaime, as a member of the Kingsguard, cannot marry or hold land. For life. Loras is a member of the Kingsguard. Why did they change the Sansa/Cersei betrothal to Loras instead of his unseen brother, the heir to Highgarden?

Nikolaj has been killing it since season one. The scene with Jaime/Tywin in the first season ("a lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep") was perfect from both sides.

ZeroRay

The writers had Tyrion point out like 3 episodes ago that Jaime, as a member of the Kingsguard, cannot marry or hold land. For life. Loras is a member of the Kingsguard. Why did they change the Sansa/Cersei betrothal to Loras instead of his unseen brother, the heir to Highgarden?

He's not in the Kingsguard.

He's not a member of the Kingsguard on the show, though; I haven't seen tonight's ep yet, busy cooking. I'm assuming he'll somehow join later this season to get out of the marriage

RaidenZR

Probably because it's yet another character that people would have to keep track of. [Series]
Considering that character has not played any role in the books other than the spoken betrothal and a few other mentions, it probably wasn't worth it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Is Loras a member of the guard in the TV series?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Because [ASoS]
he's not a member of the King's Guard on the show yet. Cercei will probably either convince him or have someone else convince him to join the KG so that she doesn't have to marry him.

I'm pretty sure Loras has not been made a Kingsguard in the show yet

Damn, great episode. Who directed and shot it? Felt it was one of the better quality episodes of the series.

I didn't really mind the jars. I didn't feel like it made Stannis look insane, just his wife. I felt that we got to see a moment of weakness and remorse with him this episode.

In fact, about all scenes were very solid for the character development, even the short ones.

Dragon

Banned
My biggest gripe with the Sansa storyline is the actress. I guess it's not really fair but she does not compare well when she's in scenes with pretty much anyone these days. Between Lady Onella (sp) or Littlefinger or even Margs.

Amazing episode, amazing series.

Loving how they are starting to ramp up Arya's character a bit more since the symbolic break from hot pie. Also thought Ygritte's body was perfect. She actually looks like a wildling should probably look.

Dragon

Banned
As far as the rest of the episode, I liked that they gave Jon some backbone. He's essentially been pushed around since the start of the series and it's nice to see him stick up for himself.

FStop7

Banned
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau going in hard for an Emmy / Golden Globe tonight O_O

Meanwhile, Jorah Fedora is going full on nice guy

Helmholtz

Good ep. Hound/Beric stuff was pretty well done, Tyrion stuff was also good. Stannis scenes were okay too, though the fetuses were indeed a little odd. I liked that ASOS
the red wedding has been foreshadowed. I feel like they needed to remind viewers of who Frey is so the event doesn't come out nowhere
. The Jaime/Brienne scene was ace. We also got to see at least 5 different naked butts which is always a plus.

Pkaz01

Amazing episode, amazing series.

Loving how they are starting to ramp up Arya's character a bit more since the symbolic break from hot pie. Also thought Ygritte's body was perfect. She actually looks like a wildling should probably look.

This episode was written by Bryan Cogman who did episode 3 in season 2 where Arya had that good scene with Yoren. That was like the only episode in that season that she got some real development.

Seems like he is putting her story on his back because no one else knows how to.

He did very well all around in this episode. Jaimie's scene was really good, so was the reaction to the Lannister child murders.

I also liked that scene with shireen and davos. But it was a very emotionally heavy episode.

Dysun

NCW is really the star this year, Jaime is amazing week to week. The bath scene was incredible, one of the highlights of the series for me.

Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage were intense in that last scene, Tywin is boss status as usual. Loved the smackdown

The Hound vs Beric was pretty good, choreography was well done and I enjoyed the fire everywhere. Didn't see the need for the babies in the jar bit, would have been fine to not have those props there. Shireen and Davos was cute, they play off each other well. Oh Oh Oh I know I know

Rose Leslie ohboy.gif

Robb's execution of Karstark was cold, I like how they built up his hopes with the attack Casterly Rock bit even though we know what's coming.

Speevy

Banned
I loved the episode, but the way (series)
they've set the table for the red wedding is a bit silly. I almost feel like making one of those memes for Robb Stark now. "Gets told he shouldn't cross Walder Frey, crosses Walder Frey. Gets told he will lose half his army if he kills Rickard Karstark. Kills Rickard Karstark, loses half his army. This show doesn't really have time to explain why Robb Stark went from an undefeated commander to the dumbest military strategist in history.

Burt

Good ep. Hound/Beric stuff was pretty well done, Tyrion stuff was also good. Stannis stuff was okay too, though the fetus stuff was indeed a little odd. The Jaime/Brienne scene was ace. We also got to see at least 5 different naked butts which is always a plus.

Yeah, I was scared that the Hound/Berric fight was gonna be pretty bad, considering that most of the swordfighting in the series is kinda sub-par and throwing fire into the mix wouldn't help, but they pulled it off really well. I think the actor playing Clegaine does a really good job showing his fear of fire, considering how hard a thing that would be to pull off with that character's general portrayal.

UraMallas

I actually thought the transition from Shireen's voiceover to Davos into the Dany scene was kind of rad. It almost felt like we were going to get some epic flashback.
I also liked the fire to fire to fire transition from the Karstark beheading to the Arya/Beric/Thoros to the Shireen/Stannis scene.

LordCanti

I just realized what song she was singing; Love it.

Was Jaime's account of Tywin's sack of King's Landing the same as it was in the book? It almost sounded like he said that he warned the king not to trust his father, and I don't remember that from the book. It was so hard to understand Jaime's dialogue (something was seriously fucked in the mixing room), so maybe I misheard. Maybe he did warn the king in the book, but I just don't remember it.

I watched with subtitles, I don't think Jaime warned the king about his father. I think he said that Varys did. And yeah it was pretty much exactly as described in the books I think.

Aah, ok. I hope they fix that mixing for the BR release.

Helmholtz

I just realized what song she was singing; Love it.

Was Jaime's account of Tywin's sack of King's Landing the same as it was in the book? It almost sounded like he said that he warned the king not to trust his father, and I don't remember that from the book. It was so hard to understand Jaime's dialogue (something was seriously fucked in the mixing room), so maybe I misheard.
I watched with subtitles, I don't think Jaime warned the king about his father. I think he said that Varys did. And yeah it was pretty much exactly as described in the books I think.

jett

D-Member
This show has really taken a turn for me in the last few episodes. For the better. The scene between Jaime and Brienne was fantastic.

Zabka

Good ep. Hound/Beric stuff was pretty well done, Tyrion stuff was also good. Stannis scenes were okay too, though the fetuses were indeed a little odd. I liked that ASOS
the red wedding has been foreshadowed. I feel like they needed to remind viewers of who Frey is so the event doesn't come out nowhere
. The Jaime/Brienne scene was ace. We also got to see at least 5 different naked butts which is always a plus.

ASOS
I'm sure it's been mentioned already but I'm wondering if the three fetuses will take the place of the three leeches. Not sure how this would fit with Melisandre leaving Dragonstone though. Would be strange to travel a long way just to come back empty-handed.

If they're just set dressing to show how strange the wife is I wouldn't be surprised either.

So many great scenes, Tywin being boss at the end, finally showing his cruel side. Great half way point ending.

ASOS
Will people realize in the next episode that Robb doesn't know that Jamie has been recaptured by the Boltons still?

Altazor

The Jaime/Brienne scene was perfect. Nikolaj and Gwendoline did a GREAT job.

Also, was it only me who thought that Robb under rain, when executing Lord Karstark, looked a bit like Ned? I guess I was reminded of Ned executing the NW's deserter.

King Boo

i hate the sex and nude scenes....but the one time i am interested in seeing it, it's for jaime's eyes only. what the hell hbo?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
That Jaime scene. Nailed it!

Also, was it only me who thought that Robb under rain, when executing Lord Karstark, looked a bit like Ned? I guess I was reminded of Ned executing the NW's deserter.

He was very stoic and the scene was somber as it was with Ned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom