• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamerant: PlayStation will be getting more than 1,300 Retro Games on September 6 through Antstream Arcade

Draugoth

Gold Member

• Antstream Arcade is coming to the PS4 and PS5 on September 6.
  • The retro gaming service will be available for $39.99 per year, in addition to offering lifetime access for a one-time fee of $99.99.
  • Antstream Arcade is set to become the first-ever third-party cloud gaming service on Sony's consoles.

PlayStation will be getting more than 1,300 Retro Games on September 6. Offered through Antstream Arcade, PlayStation users will be able to purchase a subscription or pay a one-time fee for lifetime access. https://t.co/tJJQ7LWJWV

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Something that PS5 could do it native, but anw what are we getting here?

PS3/PS2/PS1 games?

funfact: PS4 will also get, so they know PS4 still give them earning.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
PlatformGame Count
Amiga201
Amstrad35
Arcade293
Atari 8-Bit28
Atari 260028
Atari 52001
Atari 780011
Atari Lynx5
Commodore 64358
DOS5
Game Boy5
Genesis57
MSX13
PS12
SNES42
ZX Spectrum351
MSX 21
Total1,436

OK I'm betting the 1 MSX2 game will be Metal Gear.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

skybaby

Great news! I was just thinking that I don't have enough subscriptions already. And that lifetime plan - what a steal! I'm sure the service will be around for years to come.

It's been around for a few years
Yeah these old games are hard and require precise inputs to play them well. Streaming? Forget it.

IIRC it downloads the rom temporarily

nowhat

It's been around for a few years
extrapolating.png

When it comes to any kind of cloud/subscription service, this doesn't mean anything. Well, it doesn't necessarily mean anything regarding any company, but cloud and subscriptions seems to be especially volatile.

Last edited:

El Muerto

Gold Member
I sub to this on Xbox and it's a cool service, not just an emulator. People can play games, post their high score, and you along with others can try to beat it. There are also challenges in most games too. And you can just play the games like regular. Yes it streams to the device but i never had any problems. I also discovered quite a few games that i never heard of and I've been playing with emulators for like 20 years. But i wouldn't get the lifetime license. The license isn't cross-platform. So if you get the license on PS4 you wont be able to use the service on Xbox or PC.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Streaming 900MB for 20 minutes of playing a 128kb ROM in bad quality and high latency, what a future.
I wonder if these will just be downloaded into ram so you’re not online all the time. With local saves would be a more feasible solution especially for them hosting games

How do I know almost none of the NES and SNES games when I grew up on that shit? Biggest bangers I’m seeing is like Burger Time and R-Type. Ha! Pass.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Quickly read the title and almost shit my pants with excitement thinking they were just going to mass dump a metric ton of PS1 and PS2 games on the store.

Never been so disappointed.

playXray

Although I don't like streaming needlessly, I have this on Xbox and it's actually pretty good - it's a really nice way to dip in and out of some really old classics.

bitbydeath

I’m getting the lifetime.
2 new games added each week and it already has a lot of games I grew up with like:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Double Dragon
Magic Pockets
Nebulus
Simon the Sorcerer
PacMania
Bubble Bobble
Zool
Pinball Mania
Bombjack
Worms

And too many others to list.

Needlecrash

• Antstream Arcade is coming to the PS4 and PS5 on September 6.
  • The retro gaming service will be available for $39.99 per year, in addition to offering lifetime access for a one-time fee of $99.99.
  • Antstream Arcade is set to become the first-ever third-party cloud gaming service on Sony's consoles.

That game list is SHIT. Nice premise though. Some of the saving grace titles are from the Telenet Japan/Renovation (Gaiares, Valis) but that's all I can see.

Top Bottom