• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Halo 2 review coming in half an hour. What do you think it will get?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Im so hyped up for this game. I'm going to get an Xbox just for this game. Anyway, the Gamespot review for Halo 2 is up in half an hour, so we can all predict our score here:)

I think it will get a 9.8

Joe

at least 9.5

you know its funny it could score a 9.5 and this forum would still turn to hell. :lol

mcpimp.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

and why cant we predict them?

Also don't understand why the "Official Halo 2 review" thread got locked either. Just cause people were posting predictions in the thread? It'll help save people from reposting threads for the reviews when they go up

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm a halo fanboy, but do we really need another one of these threads?

stupid.jpg

border

I predict it will get at least 2 more threads with idiots trying to "predict" a score for a review that is coming out in less than an hour.

op_ivy said:
i'm a halo fanboy, but do we really need another one of these threads?

A thread about prediciting scores? Hell no. One thread for all the H2 reviews that'll be hitting the interenet in about 10 minutes. Definately. Unless they actually want the forum to be swamped with a bunch of different threads about H2 reviews, closing the first thread was a mistake imo.

Joe

why were there 2,300 active members on here 2 days ago? was it because of the halo2 street date breaking thread?

Drakken

Joe said:
why were there 2,300 active members on here 2 days ago? was it because of the halo2 street date breaking thread?

Yes, that's what it was, if I remember correctly. Gamespot named GA forums as the source of the news in their article about it.

Dilbert

Joe said:
because they're not bitter, old, uptight people like yourself?
Hey, fuck you too, Yankee boy. ;)

Look, reviews in general are of limited utility. The score is never as important as the rationale behind it, since ultimately it's up to you to decide whether you like the game enough to buy it. If my top three criteria are game length, difficulty factor, and sound, then a final game score isn't going to help me. The text of the article which discusses the reasons why that particular reviewer arrived at his/her score is what will ultimately be helpful.

Now, if you're interested in reviews just for the sake of reading reviews...well, that's Fanboy Land right there. Arguing over a tenth of a point difference between scores is completely pointless. What REALLY is the difference between 9.5 and 9.6, anyway? What does it MEAN that [fill in title of game #1] scored [higher | lower] than [fill in title of game #2]? Seriously -- if you enjoy that kind of stuff, why not just compare dick size with your friends? That data is just as useless, and at least you don't have to wait a half-hour to find out the answers.

Top Bottom