• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop having a 50% console trade in bonus week, $232 for Wii U (USA)

It really boils down to how good a manager your store has and how motivated the employees are to keep up with things.

The bonus is live nationwide and applies automatically, so doing a normal console trade in will get you a 50% bonus. The employees apparently have an internal memo in their systems letting them know of the bonus. If however the employees don't check it or the manager doesn't keep on top of it then they won't know anything about it. Even still, it should still automatically give you the bonus when you do the trade in, and you do need to "accept" the trade value before its done.

So if your local stores are acting clueless just try it, just go in PREPARED so you know exactly how much you are supposed to get. So for example a 3DS XL on the gamestop trade in site (http://www.gamestop.com/trade) right now reports it as $67.50 if you trade in with a stylus and AC adapter, so you should get 67.50*1.5 = $101.25.

If you can't go in today check the website before you go in, the trade values can change day to day and if a ton of people do tradeins today they may reduce the value. I really expect the Wii U and PS4 values to go down since the current values don't make any sense at all.

Swapped my PS4 and new system is up and running in under 15 minutes, already playing Destiny. Gotta love portable console account systems.

Originally Posted by Scooter155

Lame, I asked specifically if they were running a 50% bonus trade in value on consoles from the 6th to the 15th and he said yes... Good luck.

Yes and yes.

Finally found a store that acknowledged the deal. The guy seemed chill too. Headed there now. Thanks for the help, everyone.

At the GameStop I went to it seemed they added this bonus onto the PS2 I turned in.

Unless they're giving out more than the $20 announced the GameStop I went to gave me $30 for just my PS2 console with no wires.

lt519

You don't even need to get the pay for Power Up card. I just walked in, traded in the games, had my old expired Power Up card renewed for free and walked out.

At the GameStop I went to it seemed they added this bonus onto the PS2 I turned in.

Unless they're giving out more than the $20 announced the GameStop I went to gave me $30 for just my PS2 console with no wires.
Shiitttt I have 3 ps2s that have disc read error issues. Time to trade them in.

lt519

Yeah, I wasn't sure about this. I went ahead and got the Pro membership though.

If you trade in enough it'll actually pay for itself with the bonus if they ring up after renewing. Only did 3 games myself so wasnt with it. Do they still do the game informer subscription with pro? That was a cool perk a few years ago when I had it.

shandy706

You can buy 32GB Wii U(s) with 2 games from Nintendo for about the same amount, lol. That's a great trade in deal.

Somewhat on subject.............

I want to buy a 32GB Wii U. If anyone wants to get rid of one that's like new or in great condition, then I'd like a deal on one....and maybe a couple games.

Nintendo is selling the 32GB with everything and 2 games for $225, so it would need to be a price lower than that. :)

If you trade in enough it'll actually pay for itself with the bonus if they ring up after renewing. Only did 3 games myself so wasnt with it. Do they still do the game informer subscription with pro? That was a cool perk a few years ago when I had it.

I noticed that the sub still comes with it. It appeared on the screen as though I was purchasing a Game Informer sub as well, except the price said $0.00 or something like that.

malfcn

Do they require a brick and controller for the one? A trade with minimal out of pocket for a new one might be nice.

Do they require a brick and controller for the one? A trade with minimal out of pocket for a new one might be nice.

They charge you for the missing essentials. I wanted to trade my 360 but somehow lost my power brick during a recent move. He said he'd have to charge me for a brick so didn't recommend I trade it. I was a bit surprised by his honesty. GameStop definitely won some cool points in my book today.

malfcn

Couldn't remember. I was able to trade in a brick from an exchange on its own.

Maybe for a new model. Another year?

shandy706

shandy i will sell you my wii u for $400

Haha, no thanks, unless that was a typo.

If I had one, and wanted to get rid of it, I'd go with the trade-in to Gamestop. I know some people don't like GS though, so I thought I'd put that out there.

My 7 year old has been asking about one lately.

Just got back. I traded in my Xbone and all of my games, as well as a few other systems and games. Got a total of $640. Wow. I was gonna get a PS4, but they have a deal starting on the 16th where if you buy a PS4 you get a year of PS+ free (on top of TLoU: R free), so I decided to hold off on getting a PS4 until then.

The ps4 trade in credit is almost the cost of a new ps4 at 345. But there's some pretty good bundles going on right now so it's actually a smart decision to get extra value and a brand new machine.

Edit: I was wrong not any special bundles at Gamestop right now. Regardless it's a calculated decision.

I have a friend with a powerup pro card, so I'm gonna drag her into Gamestop with me to get an extra $4 with my Mario Kart 8 trade-in. How does the credit work? Obviously I'd rather get a gift card than have them credit it to her account or something like that.

I love you GAF. Just traded in my Wii U for $232.50 smash and Mario cart $44 each. Keep in mind you have to be a power rewards member for the extra percent off..

Looks like $90 for a 1st gen vita as trade in credit. Wow. So tempting.

I'm trading mine in, I thought I'd use it, but I just don't. probably a pretty common story.

Wow. I was gonna get a PS4, but they have a deal starting on the 16th where if you buy a PS4 you get a year of PS+ free (on top of TLoU: R free), so I decided to hold off on getting a PS4 until then.

Thats my plan, I'm playing hell divers with buddies though so I'll wait until the end of the deal to trade my console in.

Those values are very good. i flipped a lot of games i had finished from last year or were no longer playing. Paid off Bloodborne, Battlefield Hardline, Final Fantasy Type Zero, and Codename Steam.

I traded

Forza Horizon 2
Diablo 3 PS4
Last of us PS4
Shadow of Mordor
Metro Redux PS4
Final Fantasy X HD PS3
Lego Batman 3 Vita

Also got $30 for a spare console only PS2 I had at home.

I feel like gamestop was hurting because people have been holding on to their next gen games and especially nintendo games for longer. Their stores are pretty lacking in stock of new releases used.

Top Bottom