• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

That was a bittersweet episode, sad tone but funny bits and that ending montage, perfection. Downloading that ending song right now, its linked to MU now, forever.

ilium

Heartbreaking...

:(

Farewell Elyse!

KBWV6a.gif

That was a bittersweet episode, sad tone but funny bits and that ending montage, perfection. Downloading that ending song right now, its linked to MU now, forever.

It was the theme to Ladies in the Lobby. Great tune.

A lovely fairwell. Huge loss for GT, this. Where ever she goes I hope they realise what they have.

-shadow-

I will miss Elise very much on gametrailers. Be it with MU, the streams, the bets or the cameos. Same as on YouTube, best of everything in the future and I hope to see you again some day! :)

sora87

I am filled with a profound sadness that no amount of MU Nights can fill. :'(

So many good gif opportunities in that episode though, always look on the bright side of life

Burt

Call me crazy but I've always pronounced it that way, if only because I pronounce "chronological" the same way (and have never heard it differently from anyone). "Chrono" in both cases seems to be used in the same context, basically meaning "time".

But I could be wrong.
Valid point. Something funny about games is that no one ever actually knows how to say anything.

For this Mandatory Update I gladly broke my Sunday morning breakfast routine.

What an episode. It was truly exceptional and spectacular and while I'm sad it had to happen, I'm also glad it happened.

Farewell, Elyse. Wherever you go, I won't follow you, but I hope you'll happy. As a fan of GT, you will be missed.

eFKac

Great farewell episode. I'm gonna miss this Mandatory Update.

On the bright side, Kyle does indeed posses a very attractive butt, and he has killer dance moves, but we already knew that.

Looking forward to the terrible friendship era of MU!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Elyse leaving was captured on the Friday Tomb Raider stream. It was off camera but you could hear. :(

Man, I bet Brandon, Blood and Kyle were bummed having to continue after that. I gotta catch up to everything, damn study.

Great Manup, sad to see her go. Hope the show doesn't fall by the side.

..but this weeks Countdown was weak as heck. Did they just make up some of those "debates". The disc vs digital especially.

UrbanRats

Great Manup, sad to see her go. Hope the show doesn't fall by the side.

..but this weeks Countdown was weak as heck. Did they just make up some of those "debates". The disc vs digital especially.

No way, at the board i was on before coming to GAF, that was a big deal, constant bickering, and everytime a story like "no refunds for digital" would pop up, disc people would gloat, and vice versa.

No way, at the board i was on before coming to GAF, that was a big deal, constant bickering, and everytime a story like "no refunds for digital" would pop up, disc people would gloat, and vice versa.

Even here we still get a ton of complaints when a game is announced as digital only, with some crazies refusing to buy them at all. It pissed me off when a few people said that about Yakuza 5, a game we're lucky to get at all.

Pity they couldn't fit in the "Souls games are WRGs/JRPGs" debate which pops up on GAF all the time, that's a fun one (
though the WRPG side boils down to "I like this game, JRPGs have animu graphics, I don't like JRPGs, it's a WRPG"
).

Anyway, bittersweet episode of ManUps. It sucks that Elyse is leaving because she's hilarious but she seems pretty happy with where she's going, so good for her.

sinxtanx

Only one I didn't "get" was Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat, maybe I just haven't been exposed to it, but i feel like tryhard vs. casual should have substituted that one.

Nintendo Vs Sony & MS is not even on the list, there's never been so much bloodshed on Neogaf than the moment Bayonetta 2 was announced as WiiU exclusive.

DMiz

Man, I bet Brandon, Blood and Kyle were bummed having to continue after that. I gotta catch up to everything, damn study.

There's a small scene when both Blood and Brandon have gotten up, and you can see Kyle looking forlornly at Elyse while waving at the camera. He states, "I don't want to leave the scene with an empty couch", but you can see him rarin' to go to say farewell to Elyse before she heads out.

It's such a strange and sad moment. Elyse will be missed.

-shadow-

Nintendo Vs Sony & MS is not even on the list, there's never been so much bloodshed on Neogaf than the moment Bayonetta 2 was announced as WiiU exclusive.

I was still lurking on GAF back when this happened. I was in complete shock when I went through the first few pages. Man that was brutal indeed...

They did say they were listed by relevance and honestly Nintendo vs Sony & MS doesn't feel super relevant right now with Nintendo's weak year in everyone's minds. Just to qualify that statement, I know Nintendo has had some strong games this year, but the year as a whole hasn't felt strong. Also big 3rd party publisher support is dead again on Wii U.

Edit: Thinking more about it maybe they actually should have included Nintendo vs Non-Nintendo. They had some debates (CoD vs Battlefield, MK vs SF) which I haven't heard a lot recently either. Maybe Nintendo vs Non-nintendo should've gone in place of MK vs SF.

Hasney

Terrible. Funhaus are exactly the kinda youtube gaming stuff I can't stand.

It's technically a step up though and she's working with her husband, so it works out for her. Kids rule most of YouTubes gaming output, so if you don't appeal to them, you don't make it huge.

sora87

It's technically a step up though and she's working with her husband, so it works out for her. Kids rule most of YouTubes gaming output, so if you don't appeal to them, you don't make it huge.

Aye I know, doesn't stop it from being utterly depressing ha

Vinc

I'll check out what Elyse does, but just now checked out a little bit of Funhaus stuff and it's not for me.

I hope GT can survive in its own little niche. I'd certainly be a patreon supporter if need be.

Top Bottom