• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

I know a couple of people at my office that watch funanus stuff. They suck to me.

GT should probably rebrand because with Bosman and Huber they have a core to get a ton of views on YouTube.

Again, happy for her joining a more successful company, because how dare she trying to make more money while working with her husband. Traitor-sellout!

But joining Funhouse is on the same level as Smoosh or similar outlets. It's a bit of a waste, because I'm clearly not their demographic.

Burt

Well, I gave a few Funhaus vids a try, not really my thing. Feels like they sort of split the spectrum between Smosh and Gametrailers tonally, which is fine, but not something I could ever see myself watching.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Going to work with your spouse is up there with top ten not wise ideas, especially when it looks like a total bro-down environment. Oh well, best of luck to Elyse but I doubt I'll be seeing her again unless she guests on GT.

Btw. is someone from GT doing the Bloodborne DLC review?

Ben replied to a Tweet of mine earlier, he'll be doing one. Should be up later.

Elyse at Funhaus was the obvious outcome. I don't mind that lot too much. James is pretty cool, and the rest seem decent enough from the little I've seen. Hopefully she'll be on screen often.

oti

Banned
Elyse at Funhaus.

Guess I'll never see her face again.

So much this. And I loooove Elyse. :(
One could hope she'd improve that site with her class but I truly don't believe so. She'll either turn into "one of those youtubers" or she'll get all the hate from the funhaus fans. Shame. Still wish her all the best. Ladies in the Lobby was great.

I've been really enjoying the gametrailers twitch content recently, some fun playthroughs and dumb game monday is a great idea... But my god does brandon jones just dominate the room whenever he's on a stream. Dumb game monday doesn't work when it's just a brandon jones Q&A while kyle silently plays the game.

Rockk

Finally finished that RE4 stream of Huber's. Some of that stuff was painful to watch. "Pops the head right off" and "Does anybody have any quarters?" are some great gametrailers moments.

Great LP. time to catch up on FF7 though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Good luck Elyse. Will check Funhaus out just to see the couple dynamic (if they even use her as an on-air personality)

Interested to see what they come up with for Mandatory Update. Would like them to go back to doing skits and playing characters instead of playing themselves. Have different characters show up periodically and guest host with Ian. Like how the show used to be be before the moves.

Bassman ass jokes are funny but isn't enough to carry an entire show. (sorry) Also...BEN KUN!

Good luck Elyse. Will check Funhaus out just to see the couple dynamic (if they even use her as an on-air personality)

Interested to see what they come up with for Mandatory Update. Would like them to go back to doing skits and playing characters instead of playing themselves. Have different characters show up periodically and guest host with Ian. Like how the show used to be be before the moves.

Bassman ass jokes are funny but isn't enough to carry an entire show. (sorry) Also...BEN KUN!

Opinion Yell was the best skit.

sora87

Finally finished that RE4 stream of Huber's. Some of that stuff was painful to watch. "Pops the head right off" and "Does anybody have any quarters?" are some great gametrailers moments.

I've gotta be honest here, their full playthroughs of games are my favorite part of what GT does and mostly all my best memories come from them.
And I feel bad because I know their actual shows require effort and editing :B

DMiz

Elyse at Funhaus.

Guess I'll never see her face again.

I was actually first introduced to Funhaus because I realized that James was Elyse's husband.

I subscribed to their podcast, subreddit, and YouTube channel b/c, according to Ian and Elyse all the time, James is the funnier b/w the two of them.

I haven't gone back since then. I mean, I'm sure they have an audience - judging by their subscriber numbers and the fact that they recently managed to fill a theater for a live recording - but they really aren't for me. Something about their humour and general attitude towards games is just not appealing to me. They always seem to try too hard to appeal to viewers, whereas the GT Crew are just interested in having a good time.

That said, maybe the attitude will change with Elyse around...? I'm afraid Spoole and Adam are enough to make me say that I won't be listening in to see if there is a difference for a while.

Roubjon

"Krauser, you used to be a good guy. What happened to you?" was too funny after that entire fight.

Yep, their streams are great. i'm watching Kyles Chicago Enforcer episodes at the moment, the 1st one is the best though. Just the realisation of how bad this game is and the multiple times he kept dying due to the framerate. Awesome.

eFKac

Yep, their streams are great. i'm watching Kyles Chicago Enforcer episodes at the moment, the 1st one is the best though. Just the realisation of how bad this game is and the multiple times he kept dying due to the framerate. Awesome.

Keep on going, the brewery level stream is incredible.

Watching a man slowly descending into madness, slowly losing his mind on camera is a sight to behold.
I really hope the Chicago Enforcer DGM will get stored somewhere or uploaded to Youtube. It would be a huge shame to lose this gem.

Auctopus

I was going through some old First Fifteens the other day and in one Huber actually picks up Chicago Enforcer and excitedly reads the blurb to Bosman.

Who could have predicted the pain that game would cause.

That moment in Chicago Enforcer when
Kyle falls to his death and sees the inside of his own smashed face
, I laughed for a solid minute.

Maybe they could turn Mandatory Update into a late night talk show with Ian as the host. Start off with Ian briefly listing some headlines from the past week and cracking jokes, then a segment with a skit, and then end it with a ManUp Nights style talk with a guest (either a GT crew member or maybe even a dev since they had the Hyper Light Drifter guys on before).

Tregard

Soothsayer
Maybe they could turn Mandatory Update into a late night talk show with Ian as the host. Start off with Ian briefly listing some headlines from the past week and cracking jokes, then a segment with a skit, and then end it with a ManUp Nights style talk with a guest (either a GT crew member or maybe even a dev since they had the Hyper Light Drifter guys on before).

This is such a good idea I'm probably going to make a logo for it

UrbanRats

This would be amazing, but sounds pretty complicated, given all the other duties Ian has.
Maybe once every two weeks.

sora87

I think the only way that would work is if Kyle, Huber, Ben etc. dressed up and took off different roles each week because it'd be a hassle getting actual guests for both GT Live and MU

Yeeeeeeeeah, just watched some Funhaus.
Nope, not for me. I like the Know since it's just news mostly but everything else by Rooster Teeth is just too bro focused for me. Not liking their vibe.

Visceir

Between Two Ferns is what i imagine the result to be when I'm thinking of Ian creating a talk show with his minimal-effort attitude.

James Willems has a youtube account that features loads of content with Elyse where they just review tv shows/animes(?) and do game playthroughs. Might be worth checking that out when you're craving some Elyse content. Haven't watched any of the videos myself though.

Vinc

That sounds like it would have way higher production values, but man I would love this.

It's an excellent idea and one that could quite easily be achieved.

Ian can just stand (instead of sit) and reel off a few gags (like he and Elyse did (almost) every week).

Bring in Bosman, or Huber, or Ben, or Don...talk about the week's news (like they did (almost) every week).

I don't see why it would be too difficult to pull off. They don't need big lights and an in-house band, or a live audience.

SeanTSC

Best idea ever. I hope someone reads this and gets it to Ian, I would absolutely love that.

I wish Elyse well and hope she does well where she is now. Sadly, Funhaus is not my cup of tea.

New Huber Hype video with a Neogaf callout! I wonder if they made this video for all the worried fans out there.

Do they still get the GT Time room for the weekly show and for events like E3?

ilium

Bosman's red curtain seems to be back!

Must be nice.

That extra bit at the end needed a subtle butt shot...

dakun

man just heard about Elyse leaving.. i'll miss her. She added a great dynamic to GT. First saw her when she did that Ouya video.. loved everything she did since then.

I wonder how things will go forward with Mandatory Update.. but it won't be the same sadly

sora87

New Huber Hype video with a Neogaf callout! I wonder if they made this video for all the worried fans out there.

Do they still get the GT Time room for the weekly show and for events like E3?

They do still have the studio for GT Live, GT Time and probably conference stuff

Top Bottom