• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

A grown man should not be going around calling himself "Jovenshire". What a prick.

If they had decent people in to give proper reasons to why they like or dislike hard games that could have been a really good episode. Unfortunately they had someone trying really hard to make "Rage games" a thing, and someone who thinks review scores should be lowered if a game offers a challenge.

Pair of fucking idiots.

UrbanRats

If Bloodborne is a "rage game", this was definitely a "rage video", lol.

That smoosh guy gave me a headache.

Made a more detailed comment in the dedicated thread, but yeah, just cringe worthy stuff top to bottom.

Dsyndrome

Bonus Round this week may be the only GT video I've disliked, Shane and Smosh dude just brought it all down. Saying reviews for Bloodborne need to cow tow to the mainstream gamer makes me sad and pissed off.

sora87

I wonder why GT keeps bringing them back, they must be aware the vast majority of their fan base can't stand them

Auctopus

Hey Blood,

In case you're reading, in terms of support, where does GT prefer to receive comments? The main site or the Youtube?

tok9

I just feel sorry for Ian. Having to listen to that live must have been torture.

Fortunately we can just stop watching.

SeanTSC

I just feel sorry for Ian. Having to listen to that live must have been torture.

Fortunately we can just stop watching.

Going to ask how much of his own hair Ian pulled out while filming that episode during their Twitch Stream tonight.

Kasper

At this point I simply skip any videos where Shane appears. I keep wishing that this will be the last time they bring him on, but he keeps popping up for some reason.

Hey Blood,

In case you're reading, in terms of support, where does GT prefer to receive comments? The main site or the Youtube?

The GT comments are a bit more friendly, and there's a better chance one of us will see and reply, but in terms of views, it's up to you. Both can always use the support.

Kasper

I only got in for the last hour, but that was great. Will be sure to check in each following Monday. Nice to have a weekly early stream suited more for Europeans.

lil

I reaaaally don't get why Shane pushes the "but if the reviewers don't cater to the CoD/Fifa crowd" thing so much. Like, the reviewers are talking about Bloodborne's difficulty. It's not some secret and it's not, despite Smosh dude's insistence, some kind of broken feature.

Maybe it's just hard for me to understand because I really love a good challenge. Not the most challenging thing ever, but I just started Driveclub and those little breakthroughs you get after a long struggle with the game are so satisfying. Just got some birthday money and I'm excited to pick up Bloodborne and give it a spin.

ps. I can't wait for this week's correction for last week's extremely long correction that the 3 Covenant dudes in the chairs are called the Hierarchs.

ps. I can't wait for this week's correction for last week's extremely long correction that the 3 Covenant dudes in the chairs are called the Hierarchs.

No corrections will ever top Kyle and Brandons battle over La Le Lu La Lo. That was so funny.

lil

No corrections will ever top Kyle and Brandons battle over La Le Lu La Lo. That was so funny.

'IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, EDIT THE WIKI PAGE.' So good. I love the exact moment when Kyle starts corrections and everyone else's eyes glaze over.

The singing voice debate slayed me. Brandon was so pissed. I'd also like to announce that I listened to this while playing Driveclub and it was weird.

Surprised The Witcher 3 wasn't part of Let's All Go to the Trailers this week. Especially when Brandon said "Three big trailers to talk about". I automatically assumed he was talking about Deus Ex, Lego Dimensions and The Witcher. Imagine my surprise when Mortal Kombat is the third trailer.

Put streams on YouTube, guys. Please.

Hasney

Good Trailers episode, although they really don't like Joel McHale. No idea if it's just because I'm a Community fan and thought he was the saviour of VGX, but I like him. Shame it was short too.

I wasn't too hyped with MKX with the High Voltage Software involvement and region locked multiplayer, so I didn't see the launch trailer. Glad I didn't as Chop Suey is always enough to get me hyped.

Doffen

Good Trailers episode, although they really don't like Joel McHale. No idea if it's just because I'm a Community fan and thought he was the saviour of VGX, but I like him. Shame it was short too.

I can enjoy Community, but Joel McHale ruined VGX for me.

This month's Bonus Rounds are gonna be rough for sure. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the Smosh guy just comes off as whiny when talking about Bloodborne. I'm not even saying this as a Souls fan, I just don't think his personality is good for panel shows like this.

Hasney

Fair enough. I dislike awards shows in general so I'd probably have stopped watching if it wasn't for him being hilariously sarcastic. It made it funny which is the best I can expect from a video game show.

Fair enough. I dislike awards shows in general so I'd probably have stopped watching if it wasn't for him being hilariously sarcastic. It made it funny which is the best I can expect from a video game show.
Personally, I thought Joel mocking the shitshow that was VGX was the only entertaining part of it. It was an awful production all around.
Yup same for me.

Give me Dara Ó Briain, who can write and perform actually good jokes about games, or give me someone who is very aware of how much game awards usually suck, and be extremely sarcastic the whole time.

Finally got around to watch GT Time and I loved the conversation about Valve. I couldn't agree more with Ian and Brandon.

"They're like a shitty Google" had me laughing. So good.

Hasney

Yup same for me.

Give me Dara Ó Briain, who can write and perform actually good jokes about games, or give me someone who is very aware of how much game awards usually suck, and be extremely sarcastic the whole time.

Ha, I generally don't care, but Daras performance will keep me coming back!

DMiz

I feel the same way.

I understand why he was frustrated, but it seemed very unprofessional of him to basically go out of his way to ruin the show. He seemed antagonistic, and while I think we have all said our piece about Geoff and his stint as the "Doritoes Pope", I don't think he deserved to have to put up with that for several hours.

Auctopus

Really excellent GT Live. Was worried that Trish might be a bit too full on as she panders a bit to the 'nerd' crowd sometimes but she was great, please bring her on instead of the Smosh guys are when you need a space filling.

Witcher 3 guy was genuinely funny and had really great conversation about game design and The Witcher, loved it. Show felt very smooth because of the guests and the great talks.

Couch was hilarious. "We're practicing for EVO...you're going to see some 3-4 hit combos which I think is the highest in the game"

Well done, GT.

Best GT Live to date. The bloke from CD Projekt was great. Been looking forward to The Witcher 3 for years. Listening to this guy talk has me even more excited. The woman was a little annoying, but thankfully she didn't get much air time. If she toned down her little girl routine she might be bearable.

Ian accidentally cutting to himself near the end of the show was hilarious. That face he pulled. Brilliant.

sora87

Probably the best GT Live so far, maybe because of all The Witcher talk, plus it was a little longer than usual

TheHall

Really enjoyed the GT Live last night, they should have enthusiasts like Damien on the show all the time. It's easy to forget sometimes that some of these people pour their heart and souls into the games we easily dismiss.

Didn't like that Trisha girl, i have probably outgrown the kind of gamer she seems to think we are all supposed to be.

Couch was also great, can't wait to see the MKX Tournament on friday.

I'm looking forward to that MK tournament too. I hope to Christ they upload it to YouTube. The stream will be far too early in the morning to watch and I seem to have issues with the past broadcast videos on Twitch.

UrbanRats

Yeah best episode of GTLive yet.
It helps that it had someone from CDPR, working on one of the biggest games to come in the next few months, but even the rest was very good.

sora87

I'm looking forward to that MK tournament too. I hope to Christ they upload it to YouTube. The stream will be far too early in the morning to watch and I seem to have issues with the past broadcast videos on Twitch.

Depends how long it goes for, I think they don't bother uploading 2+ hour streams

Hey Bloodworth, this week's bets for Kyle, Ben and yourself were really close to one another and got me thinking... What would happen if when you guys reveal your bets and two or more persons happen to have the same bet? Would you guys have to change your bet on the fly, if so, who would have to change their bet?

In my opinion, I'd liked the old way of making bets more, when Kyle would give a little info and based on that you all would bet. In the new way, you guys kinda have an advantage because you can do a little research beforehand and that sort of loses some of the luck aspect to a bet.

This weeks GT podcasts have been really awesome and with Kyle's promise
(?)
of a Mandatory Update Nights it will be an excellent week of GT content.

TheHall

Hey Bloodworth, this week's bets for Kyle, Ben and yourself were really close to one another and got me thinking... What would happen if when you guys reveal your bets and two or more persons happen to have the same bet? Would you guys have to change your bet on the fly, if so, who would have to change their bet?

In my opinion, I'd liked the old way of making bets more, when Kyle would give a little info and based on that you all would bet. In the new way, you guys kinda have an advantage because you can do a little research beforehand and that sort of loses some of the luck aspect to a bet.

(?)

Whenever that happens, Kyle comes up with a super dumb tie breaker.

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man

(?)

I was actually thinking that if both people independently came up with the winning bet, they should both be rewarded a point. Then they would have to fight over who gets to promote a video and who gets the high honor of closing the show, first pick probably going to points leader.

Also, I actually always used to let everyone know about the weekly bet in the pre-show emails; I think we've just now become more (overly) competitive about it.

I can confirm that there will be another episode of Mandatory Update Nights instead of vanilla Mandatory Update this weekend.

I was actually thinking that if both people independently came up with the winning bet, they should both be rewarded a point. Then they would have to fight over who gets to promote a video and who gets the high honor of closing the show, first pick probably going to points leader.

Also, I actually always used to let everyone know about the weekly bet in the pre-show emails; I think we've just now become more (overly) competitive about it.

I can confirm that there will be another episode of Mandatory Update Nights instead of vanilla Mandatory Update this weekend.

omg senpai noticed me Thanks Kyle for the response, I look forward to the bolded part to happen.

Top Bottom