• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

UrbanRats

The phone thing wasn't even the best part, this line was: "
Worst of all, my best friend in the whole world, Monday, stopped talking to me as soon as he learned English.
"

Auctopus

Had to skip through the majority of that new GT Live because of the guest. She seems like a really nice girl but all the shouting and over-acting as sorta grinding me. Shame because it looked like they had some cool segments.

Started Tabletop Adventures but I'm going to save it to listen to at work tomorrow. Although in those first 9 minutes, Elyse looked really sick. Feel sorry for her, she really didnt look well enough to be there.

yoplay

Had to skip through the majority of that new GT Live because of the guest. She seems like a really nice girl but all the shouting and over-acting as sorta grinding me. Shame because it looked like they had some cool segments.

Started Tabletop Adventures but I'm going to save it to listen to at work tomorrow. Although in those first 9 minutes, Elyse looked really sick. Feel sorry for her, she really didnt look well enough to be there.

I had the total opposite reaction. I'm looking her up naked on my phone while I watch GT Live. A Playboy Playmate around those guys. C'mon! Thats gold. I want to see if any of the guys are going to hit on her or direct awkward stares at her direction. Thus far, I've noticed that Bloodworth did his hair. Straight pimpin lol. This is good tv.

I had the total opposite reaction. I'm looking her up naked on my phone while I watch GT Live. A Playboy Playmate around those guys. C'mon! Thats gold. I want to see if any of the guys are going to hit on her or direct awkward stares at her direction. Thus far, I've noticed that Bloodworth did his hair. Straight pimpin lol. This is good tv.

I've always chuckled at the reactions people imagine us having anytime a woman is in the room, but did my hair? What? I didn't do anything to my hair.

RedAssedApe

Banned
she was a decent enough guest. could tell she was knowledgeable during the pokemon and moba segments. although she would occasionally do this thing where she'd start talking all ditzy for some reason and it was kind of annoying. i'm sure kyle is in love though.

checked out a few of her gamer next door youtube videos. can't say that i'm that interested in watching future ones. don't really think playboy and gaming meshes well. don't really need to watch top ten countdowns where the focus isn't really on the countdown but rather what objects are covering up her breasts...

the pip is really great. hilarious every time someone died in shovel knight. the gt team chemistry is just fun. makes for an entertaining watch even if you're not necessarily interested in the topic (ahem...pokemon)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire.

yoplay

Bahahaha!!! Thirsty Thursdays at the Playboy Mansion. GT got the invite, don't screw it up. When the camera cut to all the guys faces, that was simply priceless haha.

she was a decent enough guest. could tell she was knowledgeable during the pokemon and moba segments. although she would occasionally do this thing where she'd start talking all ditzy for some reason and it was kind of annoying. i'm sure kyle is in love though.

checked out a few of her gamer next door youtube videos. can't say that i'm that interested in watching future ones. don't really think playboy and gaming meshes well. don't really need to watch top ten countdowns where the focus isn't really on the countdown but rather what objects are covering up her breasts...

the pip is really great. hilarious every time someone died in shovel knight. the gt team chemistry is just fun. makes for an entertaining watch even if you're not necessarily interested in the topic (ahem...pokemon)

Yeah, that grated on me a bit too. The woman from last week was the same. It's kind of sad that they feel the need to act this way, they're clearly knowledgeable and passionate about gaming, why try to force this silly, childish, persona? Is that what a, largely male, audience want to see? I know I don't.

Just watched the Just Played for Mortal Kombat X. I wish Don was more comfortable in front of camera and was added to the GT Time rotation, he seems like such a cool guy.

UrbanRats

One can find annoying whatever mannerism of course (i found the Smosh guy 'cool attitude' very annoying) but maybe they just want to do that voice, it doesn't have to be for any particular 'audience'.
I don't care for it myself, i'm not into cutsey stuff to be honest, but my point still stands.

One can find annoying whatever mannerism of course (i found the Smosh guy 'cool attitude' very annoying) but maybe they just want to do that voice, it doesn't have to be for any particular 'audience'.
I don't care for it myself, i'm not into cutsey stuff to be honest, but my point still stands.

True. But if the audience didn't like it then they wouldn't have an audience.

But I suppose it could just be they got an audience by being themselves and people liking it.

Yeah, you're right.

Auctopus

Just wanna be clear that I'd be happy to see Pamela on again, it was only when she turned up the ditzy or "RAWR = I Luv You in Dinosaur" persona that I had to skip ahead.

The Smosh guys I never wanna see again. They were both awful on GT Live and the other guy was unbelievably bad on Bonus Round.

Some of that is the old stuff she was talking about before the management changed hands. That's not really the direction she's going for, but it looks like they recently put all of that on the new channel. I'd say if anyone's interested in gauging what her content will be like, stick to stuff that's very obviously recent (from the Splatoon video forward), keeping in mind that the upload dates don't match up with when the videos were produced.

so1337

How dare you, Bosman. Talking down rich people and only MINUTES LATER using a CHAMPAGNE iPhone. Of all the NERVE.

tok9

Ben Moore take a bow.

"Ben are you familiar with Samantha Thornton"

"No but I will be"

That was hilarious.

I actually liked that that episode of GT Live. She seemed pretty cool. GT Live has been pretty interesting so far as the guests have been from all kinds of different areas.

lil

...we need more women in this thread. .__.

Pamela, I so feel that curling iron pain. I once set one down on my thigh without realizing it and gave myself a second degree burn.

I somehow missed Kyle's Bloodborne vid, but as another scrub who never played Souls I totally agree. I haven't played a game with bosses for each area in a long time and I'm loving the designs so far. About the dueling bit, I was surprised that (2nd boss spoilers)
you could keep Father G from transforming by keeping close and attacking continuously. It's not like "OK I'M DOWN TO EXACTLY 50% HEALTH TIME TO PUT UP MY TRANSFORMING FORCE FIELD byeee"
It's also funny how well I've memorized each area now without maps, haha.

Hasney

My biggest takeaway is that I should get around to finishing Shovel Knight. Brandon is really nailing this hosting thing now it's ace.

Such a busy week. Gonna have to catch up with everything this week at work tomorrow.

yoplay

Ben Moore take a bow.

"Ben are you familiar with Samantha Thornton"

"No but I will be"

That was hilarious.

I actually liked that that episode of GT Live. She seemed pretty cool. GT Live has been pretty interesting so far as the guests have been from all kinds of different areas.

Ben Moore keeping it G.

Kasper

I was ready to hate Pamela, but she turned out to be a great guest for the most part. I definitely wouldn't mind her popping back in at some point, unlike SMOSH. Second best episode of GT Live so far, just behind The Witcher 3.

New shampoo doing wonders. L'oréal?
The best:
garnier-fructis.jpg
How dare you, Bosman. Talking down rich people and only MINUTES LATER using a CHAMPAGNE iPhone. Of all the NERVE.
You don't know how he got that phone? It was a gift. A gift from him,
Liquid Bosman!

I have to say that when the Defy acquisition happened and a lot of people got caught in the crossfire, I was worried that the site might take a long-lasting hit. I'm really glad to say that I was wrong. Now that everyone is settled into the new space, the content being put out by GT on a weekly basis is great! Keep it up!

UrbanRats

I have to say that when the Defy acquisition happened and a lot of people got caught in the crossfire, I was worried that the site might take a long-lasting hit. I'm really glad to say that I was wrong. Now that everyone is settled into the new space, the content being put out by GT on a weekly basis is great! Keep it up!

But think if Ryan, Rob, Michael & co were still there tho.

Mory Dunz

Yeah, it's interesting.
Anecdote of course, but I've noticed a lot of female gamers I've met tend to do the different voices thing, with sometimes a childlike voice thing or ditzy or fake "creepy" (like when she did into the microphone.) I'm not saying it has a correlation to gaming, but I've just noticed it. In the same way I've noticed sorority girls that do uptalk, or that...monotone...thing (hard to explain lol. Like when every sentence trails off into almost a growl I suppose...).

Again, not sure if there's a connection to gaming or being in a sorority for either of these, but it catches my attention.

Good episode btw

UrbanRats

Yeah, it's interesting.
Anecdote of course, but I've noticed a lot of female gamers I've met tend to do the different voices thing, with sometimes a childlike voice thing or ditzy or fake "creepy" (like when she did into the microphone.) I'm not saying it has a correlation to gaming, but I've just noticed it. In the same way I've noticed sorority girls that do uptalk, or that...monotone...thing (hard to explain lol. Like when every sentence trails off into almost a growl I suppose...).

Again, not sure if there's a connection to gaming or being in a sorority for either of these, but it catches my attention.

Good episode btw

Gaming is a hobby, not a life style, so i doubt there's a strong connection.
It's just a thing some people do.
Granted if you're interested in things that have that sort of attitude (anime, Japanese games, etc) it may have more of an influence, as opposed to someone obsessed with American Slasher films.

sora87

1 hour 40 minute episodes of Tabletop are the best episodes of Tabletop, man that was enjoyable, even with Ben and Ian having their usual squabble :p

UrbanRats

1 hour 40 minute episodes of Tabletop are the best episodes of Tabletop, man that was enjoyable, even with Ben and Ian having their usual squabble :p

First episode i followed (after their useful recap).
It's nice to have in the background while working.

Auctopus

The super-long Tabletop was great.

It was a little immersion breaking when Iain killed Huber and then clumsily retconned it. I like how nobody wanted to have Hogger die but at the same time, there's not really any danger present if we're just gonna reset the game when someone dies.

Hmm.

SeanTSC

In fairness he did genuinely mention he didn't want to hit Hogger with the spell.

Yeah, Ian was very specific in saying that he was going to position the spell to NOT hit Hogger right from the start and clearly stated his intentions with it repeatedly.

Top Bottom