• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

wiibomb

I was actually thinking that if both people independently came up with the winning bet, they should both be rewarded a point. Then they would have to fight over who gets to promote a video and who gets the high honor of closing the show, first pick probably going to points leader.

Also, I actually always used to let everyone know about the weekly bet in the pre-show emails; I think we've just now become more (overly) competitive about it.

I can confirm that there will be another episode of Mandatory Update Nights instead of vanilla Mandatory Update this weekend.

is there a reason why MU Nights happen instead of a vanilla one? I'm curious about it...

BTW, great episodes of the Bosman Show and GT Time lately, truly love them, Kyle

jeffers

is there a reason why MU Nights happen instead of a vanilla one? I'm curious about it...

BTW, great episodes of the Bosman Show and GT Time lately, truly love them, Kyle

I'm guessing its probably the time to write the jokes and edit the vids.

Kasper

Pretty decent MK tournament, though Huber was clearly way OP, decimating the competition like a boss. Still fun, but I wish it would have happened maybe a week or two later so some of the others could have practiced more (if they're actually getting the game).

UrbanRats

Many close calls in the tournament, it was fun, i'm glad i've stayed up to watch it.
Although yeah, Huber was a bulldozer on everyone else.

Hasney

Man Up Nights is always fun and remember, listen to Huber: Cancel EA Access and put the $5 towards WWE Network.

Maybe they realized Nights>OG

I wouldn't say that. I really love both formats. Plus, the regular Mandatory Update has sometimes great bonus bits and bloopers. Maybe they should alternate between the two every week.

And where is Ben Moore? I haven't seen him in a while. GT Time and Nights need both more Ben Moore!

I wouldn't say that. I really love both formats. Plus, the regular Mandatory Update has sometimes great bonus bits and bloopers. Maybe they should alternate between the two every week.

And where is Ben Moore? I haven't seen him in a while. GT Time and Nights need both more Ben Moore!

Ben Moore was just on the last GT Time...

I disagree with Nights being better than the original Mandatory Updates. Nights just feels like another GT Time. They no longer tell the few jokes they managed to write for the week's news, they just discuss the week's news. It's still an enjoyable watch, but Mandatory Update is much, much better.

I disagree with Nights being better than the original Mandatory Updates. Nights just feels like another GT Time. They no longer tell the few jokes they managed to write for the week's news, they just discuss the week's news. It's still an enjoyable watch, but Mandatory Update is much, much better.

I get what you are saying, but for the sake of humor Man Up often feels like caricatures of Ian and Elise rather than actually them. Night kind of lets the real them shine through in the "fast and loose" format. Is Man Up bad? No, and it definitely has its place (Bloodborne musical may be the best Game Trailers video since Bosman's battle of the bands^^), but I find myself liking nights a little bit more. I guess the best option would be Man Up in the morning with the joke take on the issues and than Nights as a follow up with their real thoughts.

I loved Nights this week which is why it's hard to say this... Bosman is stupid. Pacific Rim is such a fantastic film that it saddens me knowing that someone out there doesn't like it.

I do agree that the term pc master race should die.

SeanTSC

I loved Nights this week which is why it's hard to say this... Bosman is stupid. Pacific Rim is such a fantastic film that it saddens me knowing that someone out there doesn't like it.

Well, I have to agree with him that the 2 pilot hemisphere thing is pretty dumb. But come on Bosman, just turn your brain off for a second and enjoy the entire rest of the movie being amazingly fun as hell.

Also Bosman needs to watch Macross Frontier if he hasn't, because there's no mech sexier than the VF-25 Messiah and god damn the animation for fights in that is so good.

Someone should show Bosman the Xenoblade doll video. It's the kind of mech shit he was talking about.

I wish there were more Japanese gaming experts at GT and there was a show about Japanese games, trailers, news etc.

lil

So I started Bloodborne yesterday and I now understand the GT hype on a deep level. This is a legit masterpiece.

wait i didn't watch manup nights

what did you do bosman WHAT DID YOU DO

Pacific Rim is my favorite film of all time don't do this to me man

Kasper

Loved Mandatory Update Nights. It really is great as the Bizarro GT Time, and the current line-up is definitely the best there is, with the four of them just chilling and Bosman letting loose.

Yeah man, Nights is the shit.

Wish it would last like 3 hours, lol.

Instead of making it longer, they should put up an audio version on the RSS feed.

I'm just about to start GT Time, so I didn't know about Ben being on there. What I said is still true, though!

And while Nights
might feel like another GT Time, it's not a bad thing, because the cast is usually very different. Bosman is the only GT Time regular on Nights and he's kinda different on that show. There's also not much overlap in terms of topics. And hearing Elyse's opinion on some things is always great.

UrbanRats

I'd say Ben doesn't gel well with MU Nights.
He's a better fit for GTtime, because he's always trying to make very elaborated points (often good ones, mind you) and seems to get irritated when interrupted by the "fast and loose" approach.

Anyway that's the impression i got the last time he was on Nights.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say Ben doesn't gel well with MU Nights.
He's a better fit for GTtime, because he's always trying to make very elaborated points (often good ones, mind you) and seems to get irritated when interrupted by the "fast and loose" approach.

Anyway that's the impression i got the last time he was on Nights.

Heck, the other guys and gal, I think, get frustrated when getting cut off while talking. I think I saw Elyse doing this at one point:

geeeofofofryfun.gif

And they mention how they don't like being cut off and I become crazy when one does it. ARGHHH. Wish I hadn't heard that because now it's gonna bother me with everything hahaha.

EDIT: Also, LMAO at the Beethoven music at the end with Die Hard footage. Out of left field.

Let's All Go to the Trailers is changing. Now they'll be reviewing one game trailer and one film trailer for the week's episode.

But, throughout the rest of the week, Brandon will be posting shorter videos and reviewing game trailers separately. I don't know if Kyle and Blood will be getting in on these, I sure hope so.

They started this new format with the trailers for the new Star Wars game and film, so I instantly turned off after the introduction as I have no interest in Star Wars. I like this new idea though.

Hasney

Let's All Go to the Trailers is changing. Now they'll be reviewing one game trailer and one film trailer for the week's episode.

But, throughout the rest of the week, Brandon will be posting shorter videos and reviewing game trailers separately. I don't know if Kyle and Blood will be getting in on these, I sure hope so.

They started this new format with the trailers for the new Star Wars game and film, so I instantly turned off after the introduction as I have no interest in Star Wars. I like this new idea though.

That's a shame. Probably be less of a must watch for me now as I have no interest in movie trailers, but I can see why they've gone to a shorter format since they all keep talking about having manic weeks. Probably broadens their appeal somewhat too.

Hopefully on the shorter ones, Brandon can just drag in whichever 2 people are currently free to review it.

That's a shame. Probably be less of a must watch for me now as I have no interest in movie trailers, but I can see why they've gone to a shorter format since they all keep talking about having manic weeks. Probably broadens their appeal somewhat too.

Hopefully on the shorter ones, Brandon can just drag in whichever 2 people are currently free to review it.

I have no interest in film trailers either. But I think this will work out fine because more trailers throughout the week will get reviewed. And, as Brandon says, they'll be reviewed when the trailers are announced and relevant, not a week or so later.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

This is really killing my excitement for the show. Shame, it was my favourite show on GT :/

UrbanRats

I assume they're sticking to blockbuster movies, too? I mean they won't comment on like the trailer for Force Majeure or whatever? Though that would be interesting, it would also feel out of place.
Blockbuster movies are closer to the gaming "nerdom", i suppose.

SeanTSC

Personally, I preferred the longer 40+ minute episodes of Lets All Go To The Trailers where they they talked about a lot of stuff since I don't always catch everything in a given week.

ito007

I assume they're sticking to blockbuster movies, too? I mean they won't comment on like the trailer for Force Majeure or whatever? Though that would be interesting, it would also feel out of place.
Blockbuster movies are closer to the gaming "nerdom", i suppose.
I got the impression they weren't necessarily just going to stick to blockbuster movies, although I think that will be the vast majority of it.

I think they just want to do this to be able to review any trailer they want and not be limited to trailers just for games. Wouldn't be surprised if they show got extended to review trailers for cars, toys, and other various products.

border

Adding movie trailers to Let's All Go to The Trailers seems like a relatively bad idea.

Yeah, it might seem smart in a week where we've gotten trailers for Batman v. Superman, Jurassic World, Star Wars, etc. But there's plenty of times during the year when there aren't a lot of good movie trailers to go around.

UrbanRats

Adding movie trailers to Let's All Go to The Trailers seems like a relatively bad idea.

Yeah, it might seem smart in a week where we've gotten trailers for Batman v. Superman, Jurassic World, Star Wars, etc. But there's plenty of times during the year when there aren't a lot of good movie trailers to go around.

That's my concern.
Again, good trailers for good movies are plenty all throughout the year, but it's not the sort of stuff that would have a place on GT, it makes no sense for them to be reviewing trailers for arthouse cinema, since it has near zero relations to videogame trailers (as opposed to a Star Wars trailer), and blockbuster trailers aren't as plentiful throughout the year.

tok9

Ya I'm a little bit concerned about it too.

I imagine it's more of a scheduling issue as I don't think many fans were looking for a change to Let's All Go to The Trailers.

I'll wait to see how it goes first but hopefully if there isn't any major movie trailers, they can just check out 2 game trailers instead.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised no one has said that the page's name is Gametrailers and not Alltrailers or something.

I don't think this is something I'm going to like in the long run, I mean, I liked the Ep 7 trailer, but I'm sure this is going to bother me when another movie has its place in the show. Oh well. I still love to hear them talk so, I'm still going to be in.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't quite understand why they HAVE to talk about movie trailers. If a big movie trailer is out, talk about it. Otherwise stick to games. I don't think you have to make a "rule" for this.
Also if Let's Watch is gone, I'm gonna be extremly disappointed. That was my favourite part of the show.

Auctopus

New Final Bosman was pretty good but a little nitpicky. Not sure how I feel about each episode being dedicated to a game but that's fine for now, there'll be more varied episodes towards E3 and in to the release windows.

GT's original programming is so excellent, way above any other gaming website.

Also, movie trailers in LAGTTT. Not really sure, I'll still watch it but it's not really the vibe I'm looking for. Hopefully, each movie trailer has some sort of connection/similarity to the gaming one.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Kyle knows how to hang up dramatically. I'm jealous, man.

Awesome episode, I missed the series.

Top Bottom