• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Auctopus

I think that was the best episode of GT Live yet. So enjoyable, funny and surprisingly inspiring.

I loved how the guests were genuinely passionate about games and didn't have to pander like previous guests. The stories they told were absolutely excellent from his reaction to the DOTA 2 tournament to Ken Levine and the whisper room to the coffee cup.

Their answers to the fan questions were absolutely superb as well.

Cutscene theatre also went really well.

Just an all round fantastic episode, well done GT.

Yeah, really good GT Live this week. When he said "Clementine" towards the end as Lee I almost welled up. Good stories, good questions and answers.

Can't believe the Super Mushroom didn't make the top 10 list of Mario powers. Unbelievable.

They've uploaded some more Twitch streams onto YouTube. MarioKart is up now, which they played last week, dunno why that took so long. Blue Stinger and State of Decay too.

I wish they could upload all their streams onto YouTube but I can imagine it takes far too much time.

tok9

For people who have listened, can someone give me a timestamp when they spoil The Evil Within?

I already have a good idea of the end but I'd rather not have it completely conclusive as I do want to play the game.

There really isn't a spoiler for The Evil Within. The fella doesn't do the voiceover for anyone of real importance.

But if you must skip then it's within the first couple of minutes.

UrbanRats

Cool episode of GTLive, just caught up with it.
I'm sad i can't watch them live, but i'm running out of old streams as background noise anyway.

Only watched the first half hour of Tabletop so far. Ben and Ian have always bickered with each other but this week they seemed super intense. Ben needs to chill out a little and come to terms with that fact that Ian is a childish buffoon at times. I used to do those fart noises with my hands and eyes when I was in school just to wind people up. People like us should be ignored, not argued with, it only makes us more childish.

Hasney

LEGOS IS REGIONAL. IT IS FINAL.

Only watched the first half hour of Tabletop so far. Ben and Ian have always bickered with each other but this week they seemed super intense. Ben needs to chill out a little and come to terms with that fact that Ian is a childish buffoon at times. I used to do those fart noises with my hands and eyes when I was in school just to wind people up. People like us should be ignored, not argued with, it only makes us more childish.

Damn, that put me off last week a little. Not looking forward to this one.

sora87

I appreciate Ben trying to keep it structured and true to the rules, but at this point does it really matter? It's more of a comedy show anyway and they've bent/broken the rules on numerous occasions.

Auctopus

Is this to do with the fart noises? To be honest, that was a little rude.

To be fair to Ben, he's the DM. He has to keep track of what every player is doing and has done whilst planning his next move etc. I imagine it's a little distracting when other players aren't paying attention. I think he is having fun with his friends for the most part.

TheHall

First time i turned off Tabletop.

Ian was really grating during this episode, which is too bad, because when he's into it, he's amazing.

Pappasman

This episode of Tabletop was weird. I really didn't think Ben needed to give that super weird and awkward apology at the beginning. Its a show about a bunch of goofballs playing D&D, chill out.

Some of the interactions lately have been getting really awkward and tense, kinda hard to watch at times.

TheHall

This episode of Tabletop was weird. I really didn't think Ben needed to give that super weird and awkward apology at the beginning. Its a show about a bunch of goofballs playing D&D, chill out.

Some of the interactions lately have been getting really awkward and tense, kinda hard to watch at times.

His apology didn't bother me as much, as i like the fact that he takes comments on the show seriously. However, right after that the show kinda hit a lowpoint which gave the whole speech a weird context.

Hasney

Yeah, I've been a bit frustrated at times since Ian cut off Pervinces return to the group when they were in that weird place just because he wanted to try some dumb idea. It's not always been Ian, but because he wants to test his logic against the game rules all the time and argue against it, it gets annoying.

Luckily, the Hoggar-centric episodes were the pallet cleanser needed before this part, but it's worn off.

Auctopus

"Final Fantasy will show a short trailer at E3 but it won't be short enough." is hilarious, too bad it didn't make it.

DMiz

Re: TableTop Adventures:

I do think it was rather strange that Ben started with that apology. I feel like it wasn't warranted, though granted, I don't regularly check the comments on the GT page or the YouTube comments.

I feel like having a strict DM is an important part to the game (and to any game that I've personally ever been a part of). Having rules in D&D is what makes it more of a game rather than completely imaginary play; the former is what creates interesting and 'heroic' situations, whereas the latter is when you just let people do whatever you want (and, in so doing, cheapens the action and the consequences of said actions).

Ian and Elyse always goof off on TableTop Adventures, so I'm not sure why Ben was getting as frustrated with them as he was. This is certainly not the first time that they've done something like this, and likely not the last.

If anything, the last few streams and episodes have actually made it seem like Ben has had something on his mind - or is incredibly busy and simply hasn't had the time to map out the campaign as much as he'd like - but i guess that remains to be seen.

As for Ian, I actually really like his presence on the show. Ian is the only member of the party that seems to actively understand what is going on in the game and goes out of his way to actually make the story progress. Proof in point, I think, is the fact that the Hogger episodes - while amazing - progressed quite slowly, versus episodes where Ian tends to drive the plot and action forward.

I see his attempts to use his logic against the game rules is more of just the way he prefers to play games, as opposed to it being any kind of malice towards Ben.

ito007

I always feel a little anxious every time I watch tabletop and see Ian and Elyse start to smirk at each other while Ben is trying to explain something to the group. It usually means it's going to be followed by some joke or something that they share together (hand farts), and when that happens, Ben is going to get distracted and have an awkward "please stop" moment.

tok9

Thought Ian was a bit of an ass for the first half of Tabletop Adventures but as the episode went on, everyone got back into it and the episode went well. Hopefully it's just a once off.

Elyse is in Blood's seat for the latest Trailer Score.

Looking at the week's Twitch schedule GT Live's guest is Brandon Jones' mum. Is that a joke or is she actually someone in the gaming world?

Surprised they haven't had James Willems yet, come to think of it.

Doc_Drop

Re: TableTop Adventures:

I feel like having a strict DM is an important part to the game (and to any game that I've personally ever been a part of). Having rules in D&D is what makes it more of a game rather than completely imaginary play; the former is what creates interesting and 'heroic' situations, whereas the latter is when you just let people do whatever you want (and, in so doing, cheapens the action and the consequences of said actions).

I see his attempts to use his logic against the game rules is more of just the way he prefers to play games, as opposed to it being any kind of malice towards Ben.

I feel that he has tried to construct difficult scenarios as so far the group haven't suffered any consequences but Ben has been quite lenient when characters are close to dying. Hogger's survival shows that, and as much as I like him, he should be dead already at this point. They could always introduce another levelled character for Huber (shaman/warlock to spice things up?) if he dies, he's definately been asking for it.

I also think that Ben has great, tough ideas for the group but may have been distracted due to getting Pillars of Eternity review done and the recent spike in interest in Hearthstone.

Bosman needs to start stepping up though, his character is capable of much more than he attempts it seems. I think he is scared of losing him but look at what Hogger has withstood!

Hasney

I think Shane and Marcus are this weeks GT Live guests, and if so I will not be going anywhere near it.

wRp1wdX.gif

No thanks.

sora87

That's what they said on twitch anyway, think it was during the Shovel Knight stream, hopefully plans have changed

Guerrilla

New huber hype is up, and it's the best one yet.

Michael P. telling it like it is. Never has this gif been more fitting:

slow-clap-gif.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh, oh an episode about how Alien Isolation is great huh? I wonder were he got that idea from! I couldn't possibly be the thread I MADE 2 DAYS AGO? First Jim Sterling admits stealing from Neogaf now Huber is caught red handed!

tok9

I doubt it since it takes a lot longer than 2 days to come up with an idea, script it, film it and release it.

I was already confident of it but now it's pretty much a guarantee. Whatever Huber likes, I like so I'll definitely be listening to his opinion on games.

Hasney

Oh god, that video pimping. I only stick around on ManUps and Bosman pimping, especially as I can't click anything on my devices rendering it pointless.

Good episode for Bosman. I do like Amiibo's for their versatility in various games but I do see the need of maybe a separate DLC purchase for ones who don't want the figurines.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched Huber Hype, and Huber really burnt Ben, Ian and Brandon there.

Also, that F bomb at the end lol.

Awesome, Final Bosman. Can't wait to see more Liquid.

Top Bottom