• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Hasney

Brandon's mum and Stuttering Craig. Now there's some guests! Much better than the rumour in here from earlier in the week.

Auctopus

That was a great GT Live, fun and funny episode. Brandon's Mum was obviously great but so was Stuttering Craig, just really polite and told great stories.

His voice is so recognisable to me from the early GT days.

Hasney

Not seen it yet, but Stuttering Craig is always great. Also a former pro of the greatest sport ever played
Slamball

It's a shame he didn't do the later Screwattack stuff on GT. The other guy that started doing the Top 10's and that was alright, but just no Craig.

TheHall

Heheh ScrewAttack just (re)tweeted this:

W6xZbix.png

Tregard

Soothsayer
BJ's Mom should have her own series, in the style of the First Fifteen, but for well known games she's never heard of.

First Fifteen meets Unaware Steve, if you will.

Yonafunu

So what's the deal exactly with the stuff at the end of some videos, like this week's Final Bosman, where Kyle's promoting the channel Youtube-style. Why isn't it on all videos?

And couldn't they just cut that out of the videos on GT and only have it on Youtube? It's only really there for Youtube, right?

sora87

B.J's mum was awesome, I totally back giving her a weekly show where the GT crew introduce her to games and teach her the ways. Brandon shall be known as B.J to me henceforth also.

Shouldn't Elyse have been on this week's GT Time? I feel like Brad was on there more recently.

What's the thing happening on Tuesday that Blood alluded to, which Bosman says everyone already knows about?

tuxfool

Banned
Shouldn't Elyse have been on this week's GT Time? I feel like Brad was on there more recently.

What's the thing happening on Tuesday that Blood alluded to, which Bosman says everyone already knows about?

Well it is May 12th. Supposedly that is when the Witcher 3 review embargo lifts.

Auctopus

Props to Iain or whoever edited all those Level episodes together. Not sure how I feel about a spam of 7 episodes in one day, though.

Edit: And Brad for that matter for collecting the footage.

Props to Iain or whoever edited all those Level episodes together. Not sure how I feel about a spam of 7 episodes in one day, though.

Edit: And Brad for that matter for collecting the footage.

Actually, the only one of those that's new is Last of Us. Matt just didn't want it to be hanging out alone on YouTube, so he collected some older episodes to go with it.

Auctopus

Actually, the only one of those that's new is Last of Us. Matt just didn't want it to be hanging out alone on YouTube, so he collected some older episodes to go with it.

Ah, okay. That makes more sense.

Good episode of Mandatory Update Nights. Did anyone else notice when they were making fun of a multiple level Metroid game, Kyle joked "...and a ship that looks like her face!"

Isn't that exactly what the ship in Metroid is? Haha

I love how tickled Kyle gets by the "stirring the pot" gag on ManUpNigh. And he totally dropped the ball by forgetting that Bakugan: Defenders of the Core was 2010's most important release.

Hasney

That Man Ups Nights was great. Was there shots fired at the old GT by Ian there? Also, WTF at the ending with the archive film footage? There's like 12 minutes of it.

Awesome MU Nights! I like when Huber gets angry and starts making points of why everyone's opinion is wrong. Although I normally agree with Huber, I can't believe he doesn't like Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3 I would agree but New Vegas was very good, with a well thought out story, not to mention it was made by some of the original devs from Fallout 1 and 2. New Vegas is so good but this video sums it up better then I could ever explain it.

That Man Ups Nights was great. Was there shots fired at the old GT by Ian there? Also, WTF at the ending with the archive film footage? There's like 12 minutes of it.

They were arguing about retention earlier in the episode, i believe it has something to do with that. I watched the whole thing waiting for some kind of joke to pop up lol.

ito007

I understand and agree to Huber's point about the hub, but damn, I absolutely hate how the recent Mario games just involve Mario following some line to the next level. So boring.

That was a great ManUps Nights ep. I can't split between the two Galaxy games.. it's too hard. I think 2 has the better finale but 1 has the Luigi Purple Coin Challenge...

Things started to heat up when they talked about MW2 winning GOTY, even I can remember the backlash from that. As much as I would have loved to see Ian go nuts on the old "leaders" I think Elyse did the smart thing and stopped it.

SeanTSC

Huber is so fucking right about the garbage hub world in Galaxy 1. What a waste of time.

Couldn't disagree more. I'm totally with Kyle on this, I LOVE the hub. The context the hub gives to the game just adds so much more meaning and enjoyment to the entire thing for me. I was incredibly disappointed with Galaxy 2's and SM3DW's maps when stacked up against Galaxy and SM64.

SeanTSC

That was a great ManUps Nights ep. I can't split between the two Galaxy games.. it's too hard. I think 2 has the better finale but 1 has the Luigi Purple Coin Challenge...

Things started to heat up when they talked about MW2 winning GOTY, even I can remember the backlash from that. As much as I would have loved to see Ian go nuts on the old "leaders" I think Elyse did the smart thing and stopped it.

Yeah, I remember that too. That was one of the most bullshit GOTYs ever. I like Shane and I think he can do good work, as I've said before, but I feel like he did not "fit" GT at all. And lol Ian, he's definitely still salty over that stupid as fuck Bonus Round. I'd have ruined a few teeth from clenching my jaw if I had to film that and not open my mouth like he had to do.

tok9

That was a really enjoyable episode of Nights.

Huber absolutely nailing it again. Galaxy 2 is easily the GOTY for 2010 and is better than Galaxy 1 imo too.

As someone who played Mass Effect 2 and 3 together, I don't even think ME2 is the best of that series. 3 is a much better game whatever you think of the ending.

And something this episode showed was that 2015 does look set to be a better year than 2010. I might be a bit biased as I probably didn't enjoy some of the big contenders from that year.

RDR is a good game but man there is an awful lot of boring missions stuck in there. I much preferred Red Dead Revolver. Definitely room for improvement for RDR2. ME2 was a good solid game.

Looking back, the Wii killed that year. Galaxy 2 and DKCR. That was actually the Christmas I bought a Wii and both of those games were amazing.

2015 - We've had Bloodborne and we still have the likes of The Witcher, Batman, MGS5 and Persona 5 coming out. Those just being the main huge games I'm interested in.

tok9

Maybe they were just going for the 5 years ago but I actually think 2011 was a better year for games anyway.

Skyrim
Dark Souls
Portal 2
Xenoblade Cronicles
Arkham City (although this is the weakest in the series for me)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Skyward Sword
Rayman Origins

Along with the likes of BF3, Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Super Mario 3D Land, The Witcher 2.

Now that was some year.

Auctopus

Maybe they were just going for the 5 years ago but I actually think 2011 was a better year for games anyway.

Skyrim
Dark Souls
Portal 2
Xenoblade Cronicles
Arkham City (although this is the weakest in the series for me)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Skyward Sword
Rayman Origins

Along with the likes of BF3, Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Super Mario 3D Land, The Witcher 2.

Now that was some year.

Good year but lots of sequels. I think the point of 2010 were new IPs like RDR.

Heartfyre

The annoying thing about that film footage is that, despite some dreadful acting...I want to know what happened next!

I heard on Friday's stream that Shane will be on GT Live in two weeks. I'm hopeful that Brandon will sic Ian on him. There's bound to be a bit of Bloodborne discussion, anyway.

LiK

hah, a new LEVEL ep just when I had requested one.

also, been catching up on the Just Played eps and I've been enjoying them a lot. the Bloodborne ones are particularly good and the Broken Age one was pretty apt. The Persona 4 one was oddly disappointing. Loved the love they had for it but they hardly talked about the details of the story and characters in all those 20 minutes.

Auctopus

Read Dead Redemption is not a new IP.

reddeadrevolver_ps2box.jpg

I'm well aware of Red Dead Revolver, they are entirely different games, however. I think you could go as far to say it was a new IP, it has more in common with GTA.

Ladies in the Lobby seems real cool, they weren't kidding about Stephanie Mayer being an industry veteran (I usually hate that term cause its so vague), he resume is stacked. Only apprehension I have is someone from Smosh games being in it.

Top Bottom