• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Slevin

I bet Huber's reactions are going to get GT a ton more viewers. There are gifs of this being spread everywhere. Which makes me really happy.

yoplay

Kudos to the staff at GT. Loved your reactions to the game announcements. I teared up a bit after the Huber Shenmue meltdown. That was fun.

SeanTSC

Christ. How did today even happen. I'm still in disbelief.

And watching GT's commentary with the streams was definitely the way to go.

The1Ski

Ya know, I didn't watch any of the other "discussion" streams but, wow, these guys are passionate!

Absolutely fun to watch!

I never even liked Shenmue but seeing other people so pumped for what they care about pumps me up!

yoplay

I watched GT's twitch coverage last year and loved it. Huber, Beef, Damiani, it was great. Love the passion and fast/loose style.

UrbanRats

Watching the conferences with the commentary was so much better.
It halped in the shitty ones like EA, and the screams in the Sony one were great.

The Huber video is totally going viral right now on Twitter. I hope this helps people discover the great work being done by GT right now.

Just wanted to say its so refreshing to see a group of people so passionate about games.
Huber's reaction was truly touching and an excellent alternative to the snarky, jaded and jock level comments from the giantbomb guys who shit on every game shown the moment their trailer or demo started.

Keep up the good work.

I wish I loved something as much as Huber loves Shenmue. I'm super happy for him, unreal thing to watch. I hope he doesn't blow all his money lol.

UrbanRats

I wish I loved something as much as Huber loves Shenmue. I'm super happy for him, unreal thing to watch. I hope he doesn't blow all his money lol.

Man, Shenmue is just one of the best games ever made for me, infact, i usually place it on number 2, after SH2, as my favorite game of all time.
And i don't even think Shenmue 3 is going to be any good, but that announcement just had some deeper spiritual value for all the Shenmue fans out there.

Fuck, i still remember getting to that "the story goes on..." 14 years ago.
Jesus Christ.

I admit that, in the last 4 or so years, i had abandoned all hope, and i still don't believe we'll get a fitting conclusion the series would deserve, but at least some closure.

Hasney

Fucking loved they were in a slight delay when I was watching it. I got it was Shenmue quick, yelled what the fuck, then looked to the tablet to watch Hubers reaction and I just fucking love he needed like a single musical note and a cherry blossom and he new it exactly.

For those that missed it, it was awesome on the Last Guardian and FF7 remakes too. Can't find the TLG one, but I love this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j1vSYIHlMp8

Hasney

Huber leaving the stream last night

ieOuFk2.gif

Man, that Huber reaction makes me so happy.

Looking forward to watching these GT streams in their entirety once things have died down a bit. Only seen their Bethesda one so far. Yesterday's stream is 12 hours long. Sheesh!

Hasney

Man, that Huber reaction makes me so happy.

Looking forward to watching these GT streams in their entirety once things have died down a bit. Only seen their Bethesda one so far. Yesterday's stream is 12 hours long. Sheesh!

Yeah, they went live half an hour before MS for the pre-show and then just powered right through.

Auctopus

I've watched that Huber reaction several times this morning since watching it live last night. The Huber reaction makes me emotional after all his pleading for months. He deserves it after he hypes the shit out of all the games he loves and he finally gets the one he wanted.

Hype incarnate.

24OzEYO.png

Auctopus

Interesting to see how many people in the main threads are saying they're gonna start visiting GT because of the Huber reaction, seeing as their Countdowns are torn apart on a weekly basis.

SeanTSC

Many hours later and even after sleeping - I am still feeling nothing but pure Joy, Excitement, and Hope. What an amazingly wonderful fucking day.

I can't wait for GT's Nintendo pre-show to start up.

Huber, it doesn't matter if some idiots call your reactions "cringeworthy" in the giantbomb thread, I've been following GT for years and I know that your reaction was ANYTHING but cringeworthy, I'm with you man and I'm DAMN HAPPY for Shenmue, I'm DAMN HAPPY for TLG and I'm DAMN HAPPY for FFVII.

Auctopus

Huber, it doesn't matter if some idiots call your reactions "cringeworthy" in the giantbomb thread.

Horrible how Giantbomb's toxic negativity spreads to their listeners too. I took a look at their conference stream and it was pathetic, none of them care about video games anymore, I'm pretty sure.

I've watched that Huber reaction several times this morning since watching it live last night. The Huber reaction makes me emotional after all his pleading for months. He deserves it after he hypes the shit out of all the games he loves and he finally gets the one he wanted.

Hype incarnate.

24OzEYO.png

NeoGAF_logo.png

Horrible how Giantbomb's toxic negativity spreads to their listeners too. I took a look at their conference stream and it was pathetic, none of them care about video games anymore, I'm pretty sure.

Absolutely, as I was watching their stream I felt the same way, they were a bunch of antoin egos looking down at everything, and I'm not saying they should react like huber, but it was just so sad watching them like they don't care about anything.

Will we be able to see archived versions of the conference talk anywhere?

http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers/v/6205951

Here are the ones from yesterday, beggining with MS and ending with Sony

Volotaire

One partly minor point with the GT stream relative to other reaction streams is that we have to sync up with their stream. If the GT crew could get both the conference and mic audio out and balanced, that would be fantastic. It would help when we are watching the archives.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
I just keep re-watching and re-watching the TLG, FF7 and Shenmue 3 moments from their stream. The moments were amazing by themselves but their reactions just sell it on a completely different level.

Loved the GT stream and this team. None of that pretentious cynical "I'm a journalist who failed in another industry and wound up in gaming so let me be disenfranchised about everything I say" bs here, just 100% people who love games and the gaming industry. Can't wait to hang out in their stream again today.

Auctopus

os2kBke.gif

5qlVxfZ.gif

7bX7geW.gif

2gFesUz.gif

How can you think this is cringe/bad? I've never seen such unadulterated joy in one room, even Elyse is just happy FOR Huber.

I love how Brad reaches out to Huber 'cause he knows he's about to explode but it's too late.

SeanTSC

How can you think this is cringe/bad? I've never seen such unadulterated joy in one room, even Elyse is just happy FOR Huber.

I love how Brad reaches out to Huber 'cause he knows he's about to explode but it's too late.

Well, people are weird and crazy and wear the no-fun pants.

Personally, I was jumping and screaming and frothing at the mouth like the korra.gif right along with GT.

Mononoke

Banned
Huber leaving the stream last night

ieOuFk2.gif

GT was the best thing from this E3 for me. Thank you guys so much for making it so memorable and enjoyable.

I've honestly come to love this site so much. I'm so glad I randomly started watching the site right as it was transforming and finding its footing. Huber and Bosman made this night for me :*)

Top Bottom