• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Szeth

Shamelessly re posting for the new page.

So I put this video together today. I guess it's my tribute to GT for making this the best E3. It's basically a highlight reel of them watching the Sony conference (with conference audio). Has the 3 big reactions, the aftermath and a couple of old clips from Bosman/Huber to set the tone. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZYUq-jzLUg

Auctopus

So I put this video together today. I guess it's my tribute to GT for making this the best E3. It's basically a highlight reel of them watching the Sony conference (with conference audio). Has the 3 big reactions, the aftermath and a couple of old clips from Bosman/Huber to set the tone. Enjoy!

This is brilliant. BLOODWORTH -look at this

Love that you edited in relevant GT shows. Great work. What a saga it's been.

Edit: When he sees Shenmue III, it looks like he's gonna fucking pass out, hahahaha

Double edit: Just finished, you gotta get that to GT somehow with an ending like that.

sora87

Made me nearly tear up, what a crazy, magical experience this has all been

I will download this video to archive it on my own, beautiful and unforgettable E3 thanks in part to GT.

Someone should also make a side by side video comparison of the GaintBomb reactions vs the GT reactions. I lost all respect for GriatBomb after all that negativity to the best E3 of all time, is like they don't even like video games, they're in it just for the $$$$.

Superflat

Yeah, I think I'm gonna be watching the GT crew live instead of GB next time E3 rolls around; I'll catch their archives. I still love watching GB commentate because of their snark but they were pretty joyless about the actual games; even more than usual. Think it's because Klepek is not there -- he was really excited about the conferences going by his own impressions on his channel. I prefer reacting to everything with the GT crew live. Love these guys.

NMS has cracked the GT crew :lol

Best Let's Play Ever

I'm a huge Huber+Moore fan but I'm on team Kyle+Jones on this one. I feel like this game just isn't for me just like Minecraft.

The_R3medy_

Neo Member
Ian is FUMING

Ian right now

tumblr_inline_mp68vtBEIf1qz4rgp.jpg

Burt

GT crew was awesome today. Completely disagree with Brandon on NMS info, but to each his own. Made for a funny conversation.

Szeth

That NMS debate was amazing. God damn.

This is brilliant. BLOODWORTH -look at this

Love that you edited in relevant GT shows. Great work. What a saga it's been.

Edit: When he sees Shenmue III, it looks like he's gonna fucking pass out, hahahaha

Double edit: Just finished, you gotta get that to GT somehow with an ending like that.

I just about died when I was hunting for relevant old stuff and found Kyle outright saying he didn't want a FF7 remake. And I'd like for them to see it, but I don't twitter plus it's a long vid and they're all super busy now obviously. Maybe I'll try to hit up Ian tomorrow on twitch.

UrbanRats

I think Brandon had a point, i don't think NMS looks as absurd and as exotic, that is impossible to frame with more traditional terms, and the fact that, digging in, you can see all these more traditional gaming activities popping up (mining, fighting, trading).

They just didn't find an effective way to demo it on stage (maybe backstage shown better).

I'm still very excited, and i get that the unknown is the central focus of the game.
No need to get on the high horse about how the common folk can't comprehend the art of this game, tho.

-
Anyway, at what time do they start tomorrow? I must've missed it.

What a day they aeally need to make a video of the best moments of GT live per day. Like Kyle finally getting the South Park Fractured But Whole pun during the Just Cause 3 trailer at E3(only a day late) or just now that hilariously intense NMS discussion.

Yeah guys GT gained a new fan today their E3 coverage is amazing and it's just so nice to see people actually excited about their job/hobby

That debate was just great and the larian guys were seriously pretty chill

Mononoke

Banned
I honestly agree with Ian on this one. I think No Man's Sky is a game about exploration. THAT IS THE GAME. I get Brandon Jones want to see more, and I agree with him saying that the way they've handled this games reveals are kind of I dunno...frustrating. But I def agree that we for the most part, know what kind of game it is.

This game won't be for a lot of people. It won't have a story. It won't have like fully fleshed out missions or objectives (well the main objective is to get to the center of the galaxy). I dunno. I mean maybe I'm wrong and there will be more reveals that show the game has a ton of missions. But I think it's about Exploration.

I think Brandon had a point, i don't think NMS looks as absurd and as exotic, that is impossible to frame with more traditional terms, and the fact that, digging in, you can see all these more traditional gaming activities popping up (mining, fighting, trading).

They just didn't find an effective way to demo it on stage (maybe backstage shown better).

I'm still very excited, and i get that the unknown is the central focus of the game.
No need to get on the high horse about how the common folk can't comprehend the art of this game, tho.

-
Anyway, at what time do they start tomorrow? I must've missed it.

Interesting points too. Hmmm. The debate was certainly intense. I loved it!

GT E3 coverage = the best thing about E3. Michael Huber favorited my tweet and replied back to me. I am fan girl(ing) out! <3

thanks, well done video, i like what you wrote at the end. Truly an amazing E3 with them :D

yoplay

Awesome. Was hoping someone would put a montage together so to put Hubers reaction into context and not as some "unprofessional" journalist.

Bizzquik

That's an amazing video, capturing an amazing moment. And given my love of both Shenmue and GT, probably one of my favorite YouTube vids...ever.

Thanks.

Watching that GT reaction replay is how I can remember how I reacted while watching it in the San Francisco theater. GT has by far the best and most authentic team.

So much for having 'Fancy Prestige' be a part of your E3 coverage... now tossed in the garbage.
It seems that though you can take the buttons off a GameCube controller you can never take the 'Buttons' out of a GameTrailers crew.

"go scream at the night"... indeed.

Mononoke

Banned
this deserves its own thread

Do eet.

Ian is FUMING

This is what happens when people work non stop for days with little sleep, little breaks, and spend too much time together. You can easily get grouchy. The debate was amazing and was so intense. Brandon Jones is very stubborn and specific about how he feels about things. He gets very focused on it and won't let go.

I agree with Ian though. His argument was correct IMO. :)

I just think GT is full of really passionate people with intense personalities. So you mix in a lack of rest, and yeah, sparks fly. But damn was it amazing. GT really are the fuckin best.

eFKac

Fantastic work, loved the editing, chuckled hard at the Nintendo stuff :-D

So I think that Sony informed the press in a PR release that The Last Guardian is making an appearance at the conference.
GT timid reactions plus Brandon Jones' comment earlier in the stream like "so I wonder what will they show in TLG trailer..." I think he slipped there.

Also guys, could anyone provide an archive of the second day from GT?

tok9

Could someone link me to this NMS debate or even what was good from yesterday. I had to go to sleep before the PC conference.

Mononoke

Banned
Fantastic work, loved the editing, chuckled hard at the Nintendo stuff :-D

So I think that Sony informed the press in a PR release that The Last Guardian is making an appearance at the conference.
GT timid reactions plus Brandon Jones' comment earlier in the stream like "so I wonder what will they show in TLG trailer..." I think he slipped there.

Also guys, could anyone provide an archive of the second day from GT?

Brandon Jones has been harping for some time now that TLG has to be at this E3. Kyle also was saying this for a while. I think the rumor from Guardian a week before E3 only fueled the flames even more. And surely if someone at the Guardian had a source, others also knew or had a source.

I'm not so sure Sony leaked it, what benefit would it be to do that? I think it's more likely they had made up their minds it had to be there, then buzz among the press leading up to it (possibly leaked info from a source). Well shit, maybe it was someone from Sony. I guess we'll never know. You are right it was def expected to be there by the press.

UrbanRats

This is what happens when people work non stop for days with little sleep, little breaks, and spend too much time together. You can easily get grouchy.
Ian does this a lot tho. :p
See the latest TT Adventure.

Could someone link me to this NMS debate or even what was good from yesterday. I had to go to sleep before the PC conference.

Starts around 14:16:10 on their past broadcast:
http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers/v/6238913
Watch all the recap/JustPlayed talk, they're all great!
Can't pass up on Huber describing Uncharted 4, or them discussing For Honor.

Brandon Jones has been harping for some time now that TLG has to be at this E3. Kyle also was saying this for a while. I think the rumor from Guardian a week before E3 only fueled the flames even more. And surely if someone at the Guardian had a source, others also knew or had a source.

I'm not so sure Sony leaked it, what benefit would it be to do that? I think it's more likely they had made up their minds it had to be there, then buzz among the press leading up to it (possibly leaked info from a source). Well shit, maybe it was someone from Sony. I guess we'll never know. You are right it was def expected to be there by the press.

Yeah right before the conference, even I was believing, and you can read my posts from days before the conference where i was all "it's not happening".
But then the rumors got so strong that it was hard to not believe.

so1337

Yeah, I think I'm gonna be watching the GT crew live instead of GB next time E3 rolls around; I'll catch their archives. I still love watching GB commentate because of their snark but they were pretty joyless about the actual games; even more than usual. Think it's because Klepek is not there -- he was really excited about the conferences going by his own impressions on his channel. I prefer reacting to everything with the GT crew live. Love these guys.
I feel the same way. I ended up watching the giant bomb stream for the most part because I couldn't get the twitch streams to synch up in time. They're both great for different reasons though.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.

why does this not have its own thread?

Auctopus

What on earth?

GT's gone from the countdown list GAF bashed on a weekly basis, saying how wrong and idiotic the staff are to GAF's favourite/go-to website over night.

So weird.

dex3108

What on earth?

GT's gone from the countdown list GAF bashed on a weekly basis, saying how wrong and idiotic the staff are to GAF's favourite/go-to website over night.

So weird.

Sony conference did things, unimaginable things. Dreams came true, tears were cried, impossible became possible.

Auctopus

I just about died when I was hunting for relevant old stuff and found Kyle outright saying he didn't want a FF7 remake. And I'd like for them to see it, but I don't twitter plus it's a long vid and they're all super busy now obviously. Maybe I'll try to hit up Ian tomorrow on twitch.

I'll shoot it to them on Twitter and credit you, if you want?

Szeth

I'll shoot it to them on Twitter and credit you, if you want?

Yeah that's fine by me, thanks.

And if someone wants to make a thread for the video that'd be cool, obviously I couldn't since I'm a junior. The more people that might recognize how great GT is the better :p

Micerider

Sony conference did things, unimaginable things. Dreams came true, tears were cried, impossible became possible.

Well, their "just played", "Gt Time" and GT live are legit good. E3 is just giving them the light they deserved for their last 2 years work.

Mikey Jr.

Would it be possible to update this with conference audio?

Top Bottom