• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

dex3108

"EVERY DREAM CAME TRUE" - Ian Hink

EVERY FUCKING DREAM - Ian Hinck

Well, their "just played", "Gt Time" and GT live are legit good. E3 is just giving them the light they deserved for their last 2 years work.

I am following them for year and a half and only sad thing is that Defy didn't gave them additional video editor and dedicated graphic designer. Those two things would really raise production level and allow them to put videos sooner.

Szeth

Probably. No offence but its' not thread worthy. It's only really relevant to GT fans.

I've linked it on twitter.

Thanks again and yeah, I figured it wasn't thread worthy but it was a nice thought. It's why I didn't post it in the general reaction video thread, but I see some others did so that's cool.

Excited for another 12 hour stream today!

Shamelessly re posting for the new page.

So I put this video together today. I guess it's my tribute to GT for making this the best E3. It's basically a highlight reel of them watching the Sony conference (with conference audio). Has the 3 big reactions, the aftermath and a couple of old clips from Bosman/Huber to set the tone. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZYUq-jzLUg

Will be watching this for years to come.

What on earth?

GT's gone from the countdown list GAF bashed on a weekly basis, saying how wrong and idiotic the staff are to GAF's favourite/go-to website over night.

So weird.

GT did fantastic. They showed passion and interest for their hobby and it got other people excited and happy as well. Their talks where also good. Right balance between journalism and still showing that you are a fan of the medium.

I'm definitely going to be following their stuff form now on.

Mononoke

Banned
Probably. No offence but its' not thread worthy. It's only really relevant to GT fans.

I've linked it on twitter.

I just repped it in the "your favorite moments of E3" thread. I credited Szeth. So maybe more will see it there. But GT's E3 coverage really was my favorite thing about E3, and they created my favorite moments. So his edited video was perfect for that thread.

Is there a dedicated Horizon segment or just the conference section. I feel like it got overshadowed by everything else.

It's crazy seeing you post each time, because I created that Avatar you are using. LOL So every time I see it, it's like holy shit.

On a side note, Huber followed me (although he follows a lot of people). But I got every single person in GT to favorite a tweet I wrote. So that made me giddy.

Wakka212

Is there a dedicated Horizon segment or just the conference section. I feel like it got overshadowed by everything else.

I agree. It was the game of show for me so far and I wanted to hear more about it from the esteemed GT crew.

I want Huber to describe it like he described U4.

Seriously, they should have a new show where Huber just story tells game demoes/segments haha

sora87

Only Ben bothered to follow me back out of the GT crew :( but Elyse did fave and reply to one of my tweets a while back which was nice xD

sun-drop

So I put this video together today. I guess it's my tribute to GT for making this the best E3. It's basically a highlight reel of them watching the Sony conference (with conference audio). Has the 3 big reactions, the aftermath and a couple of old clips from Bosman/Huber to set the tone. Enjoy!

Easily the best thing I've witnessed at an e3 in years

Wakka212

Proper Journalism or whatever sucks, give me opinionated people any day.

Well thats the value add - there are too many traditional gaming websites out there and its boring to emulate that style.

Seeing genuine and passionate gaming fans display and discuss all ranges of games is what I want. The GT crew has great chemistry and have solid shows to display it.

GT Time, GT Live, ManUp (and night), Table Top, Ladies in the Lobby, and the best - Just Played. On top of that frequent streaming. No other site has had such a passionate one-off like that Bloodborne musical...GT is the best.

Mononoke

Banned
Proper Journalism or whatever sucks, give me opinionated people any day.

Thing is, GT is very professional when it comes to their reviews, interviews, and general work etc. Their actual content is well articulated and not just fan boys freaking out w/ hyperbole. I think there is a time and a place for analyzing E3, and I honestly love that during E3 itself, GT enjoys the show just as much as fans do. That they let themselves loose, and react like most of us would. I don't really agree with some, saying that journalists should be all proper and quiet during the conferences.

I myself, don't like to be blinded by pure hype. So I'll step back, and think about Sony's conference, and the criticisms and concerns with their platform. But during E3's show itself, I just want to enjoy it. I wanted to enjoy it with my friends. And watching all the conferences with a bunch of people on GAF (we had a massive chat on Twitch going)...that to me is what E3 is all about. And when Huber lost his shit, everyone on GAF in the twitch Chat also went insane and were enjoying the moment together.

I love that GT are doing this for their E3 coverage.

It's not always sunshine and rainbows either. That debate over No Man's Sky was intense, and both sides passionately disagreed. I've never seen anything like that at E3. People saying that their joyous reactions were cringe and bad journalism, are just judging them on one thing.

Only Ben bothered to follow me back out of the GT crew :( but Elyse did fave and reply to one of my tweets a while back which was nice xD

Heh, well maybe I am lucky! Huber is the only one to ever follow me back. I have talked to Kyle a couple times though. I gave him positive comments on in his interviews yesterday and he just tweeted to me. But outside of that, yeah Huber is the only that followed back. It's silly to be giddy over that. But I really love these guys. :D

sora87

Heh, well maybe I am lucky! Huber is the only one to ever follow me back. I have talked to Kyle a couple times though. I gave him positive comments on in his interviews yesterday and he just tweeted to me. But outside of that, yeah Huber is the only that followed back. It's silly to be giddy over that. But I really love these guys. :D

I know what you mean. It sounds silly and soppy but I watch their streams and content mostly every day so I do feel like they're my friends strangely. I usually watch E3 with friends but this year everyone was too busy so watching it with the GT crew was just as fun and exciting.

I love this so much. Truly a conference of epic proportions.

Hasney

Because their timing is US based, I don't see much of it live, but ended up watching all of the stream with just skipping the start of the PC conference and Divinity as I've played it already, so glad that I did. So much fun even with the intensity. Just turn off the AC early and see what happens!

Noi

https://twitter.com/nambabowl/status/611172660416937984?s=09

MZOsaza.jpg

This is going places.

Lucas Sparks

Neo Member
Gt was absolutely amazing and made this years E3 for me. It was so nice seeing folks with genuine enthusasiam and hype and it was a pleasure losing my shit with my buddies w/ them.

It gained even more respect for them and lost a shitton for Giantbomb. What a sad group of guys... I'd go back from GT to GB and all it would be is straight faced guys and everyone nodding to Jeff saying something super dismissive and jaded. Such a dissappointment.

Thanks a lot for making that GT montage!

ilium

I've been following GT since around '06 or so and it makes me happy to see more people getting into them.
The layoffs a while back were obviously very unfortunate and there is definitely a decrease in production quality, but everything else is still top-notch in my eyes. Their reviews for example are still very very good.

I'm also really happy with their transition to youtube, because the player on the website was just...ugh.

Perfect.

Volotaire

What on earth?

GT's gone from the countdown list GAF bashed on a weekly basis, saying how wrong and idiotic the staff are to GAF's favourite/go-to website over night.

So weird.

Eh, old GT has been popular on GAF for years. From Geoff's E3 SPIKE /GT coverage from E3 2011, to Invisible Walls, Timeline and Retrospectives even to its new shows such as Bossman. I do agree, it has been returning to popularity . New GT is great. I also agree peoples' opinions on GT is still as divided as ever, evidenced in the past few days.

MEGATON:

Recently confirmed in the stream, twitter's Buttons IT'S NOT Gametrailers Buttons. I repeat, twitter's Buttons IT'S NOT Gametrailers Buttons.

Fucking LOL!

Volotaire

Gt was absolutely amazing and made this years E3 for me. It was so nice seeing folks with genuine enthusasiam and hype and it was a pleasure losing my shit with my buddies w/ them.

It gained even more respect for them and lost a shitton for Giantbomb. What a sad group of guys... I'd go back from GT to GB and all it would be is straight faced guys and everyone nodding to Jeff saying something super dismissive and jaded. Such a dissappointment.

Thanks a lot for making that GT montage!

Although I'm slightly biased, I don't think 100, 000 viewers being exposed to Giantbomb's Bethesda's conference will have lost them viewers (conversely, they gained). They have probably gained more interest too given they also had a segment with Kinda Funny yesterday, another personality driven gaming journalist site. Moreover, I think the people who enjoy GB content are used to what they experienced on Wednesday.

I love the trend towards personality video games journalism. More sites like GB, Kinda Funny and GT please.

nib95

Banned
It's a bit of a stretch to expect Sony to fully fund a 14 year old dead franchise, that nobody else is touching, without some sort of gauge of financially backed interest. I can see why they did it the way they did. However much they raise also helps with the development costs, which is great.

Servbot24

Banned
It's a bit of a stretch to expect Sony to fully fund a 14 year old dead franchise, that nobody else is touching, without some sort of gauge of financially backed interest. I can see why they did it the way they did. However much they raise also helps with the development costs, which is great.

Plus, it's not like people are just donating and getting nothing back (for the most part). They're buying Shenmue III for $30. Of course that's a nice free loan for Sony, but nevertheless I do't see this as a big issue.

Hasney

Yeah, I'm down with this Transformers. Was cautious after Korra, but not now.

Musically is like Revengance and both their faves are Decepticons, so it's gonna be great.

Saw this in the chatroom. So good:

CHtSS61UEAA-R2N.jpg
this is amazing

I came in here just to chime in with more love. I've checked GT's reviews from time to time and I've seen Huber's Shenmue love before, but I've never done much more than that. They've made E3 amazing and fun though. They've made a fan in me.

Top Bottom