• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

http://gfycat.com/UnsungFavorableAustraliancurlew (wish I could embed these)

UnsungFavorableAustraliancurlew.gif

Auctopus

Think I'm gonna rejoin GT once the influx has died down and they've returned to normal programming.

The chat is just full of stupidity, negativity and idiocy (a regular twitch chat, really) and I miss the small community aspect of it.

Hopefully, by next week, we've gained some new fans from E3 and we're back on Dumb Game Monday/Full play through friday etc.

Auctopus

I just have Twitch chat off by default, so happy I'm not seeing that shit.

Yeah, to be fair. I could just turn it off and ignore it but GT do a good job normally of talking with the chat and it's a haven from the rest of the website but I suppose that's not during E3. It's real bad stuff, mainly...

"Is huber here? HUBER HYPE am right guys!?"
"who is this bosman guy, he needs to shut up"
"why is that girl here"
"talk about *insert game that has no new info* now"

Vodh

Gametrailers has been one of my favourite enthusiast teams/sites already, but man the reactions to Sony conference were so freaking great. Love those guys, love how they share our passion and have real reactions. (helps that my tastes align with theirs too)

tok9

Finished off watching all the just played's from last nights stream. A lot of really good stuff there and everything went as I expected really regarding UC4, TLG, For Honor etc.

I actually really love the sound of No Man's Sky. I just wish we knew more about a release really. I've no idea if that will come out this year.

Also, Ian was nowhere near as bad as I had thought he'd be by the comments. Tone got a bit aggressive but that's about it really, no big deal.

Looking forward to going to work tomorrow and having the Just Played from tonights stream to listen to.

Also on twitch chat - if there are over a thousand people, it's just a complete waste of time. The usual GT streams have between 200-700 watching so you never really have that problem.

It's a pity as I'd like to see them get as many followers etc as possible but then we'd lose the interaction and fun they'd normally have with chat.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Think I'm gonna rejoin GT once the influx has died down and they've returned to normal programming.

The chat is just full of stupidity, negativity and idiocy (a regular twitch chat, really) and I miss the small community aspect of it.

Hopefully, by next week, we've gained some new fans from E3 and we're back on Dumb Game Monday/Full play through friday etc.

It's so sad because I live in the UK I never usually get to watch them live, so this is the first time I've been able to chat with them :(

Umibozu

it's weird to see neogafs/internet's general disinterest of gametrailers change just because of the huber moment. The staff have always great and I'm glad they're gaining notoriety but I feel it's for the wrong reasons

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, I'm kind of angry with the internet because of the Elyse comments in the Shenmue reaction, she made a comment earlier in the stream and I think she is kind of sad because of it. God damn you internet, she's awesome.

it's weird to see neogafs/internet's general disinterest of gametrailers change just because of the huber moment. The staff have always great and I'm glad they're gaining notoriety but I feel it's for the wrong reasons

People don't forget. So you'll still see even Gaffers calling out for Kotaku's immediate closure and banning from this site, even though it has become much better with Jason and Stephen at the helm. There was even one Giant Bomb writer who went there. That should have told people how much it has improved but apparently not.

If they see the fact that Gamestrailers has improved a lot and become one of the best game journalism websites in the internet because of Huber's Shenmue reaction, I can't really complain.

Negator

Elyse makes it seem that the Square-Enix E3 conference was awful, I can't believe my ears. That was like the second best conference at E3. I guess I just can't understand.

Hasney

Elyse makes it seem that the Square-Enix E3 conference was awful, I can't believe my ears. That was like the second best conference at E3. I guess I just can't understand.

Nah, it had some good games but the overall presentation was stilted and awful. How can you have some voice over talking over a Just Cause 3 video with all the excitement of reading aloud a local newspaper aloud?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

It was dragged by all the talking, compared to Sony's methodology where they only said one phrase and went on to show the games.

But content wise, it was truly great. Although it was strange as hell when the public didn't clap for things like Platinum made Nier.

Hasney

It was dragged by all the talking, compared to Sony's methodology where they only said one phrase and went on to show the games.

But content wise, it was truly great. Although it was strange as hell when the public didn't clap for things like Platinum made Nier.

There was no public there, just professionals.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There was no public there, just professionals.

I didn't know that, interesting. Thought Square had given out invitations to E3, so I suppose that was only for the show floor and not their conference.

sora87

I left a comment on one of the youtube reaction videos letting all the assholes know she's more clued up and in touch with the gaming industry than any of them sexist idiots. Reading the comments made me really angry, but then I just watched the video again and was instantly happy haha.

Oh and Square conference was one of my favorites simply because of Nier 2 and new KH3 footage

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
embrace.gf

vJXbwr.gif

The bromance in this GIF is palpable.

I left a comment on one of the youtube reaction videos letting all the assholes know she's more clued up and in touch with the gaming industry than any of them sexist idiots. Reading the comments made me really angry, but then I just watched the video again and was instantly happy haha.

Oh and Square conference was one of my favorites simply because of Nier 2 and new KH3 footage

Youtube comments are always crap, what always gets me is when Twitch chat goes to shit too while the guys and gal are reading.

Auctopus

Yep, the stream chat is just people looking for Huber and telling them how amazing their 'reactions' are. They start spamming the picture of them as Shenmue then when they don't start reacting to other stuff, they just trash Elyse.

In the end, the internet is fickle and there'll be a new hotness in two weeks. I hope GT finds some genuine fans after this influx, though. I can imagine 'Huber Hype' gets a huge viewer count boost.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
From near the end of their twitch stream, it's in past broadcasts

Yeah, when Huber had to go they had this big hug, and everyone was like "We've done it, man, we survived to our dreams" moment.

so1337

I wonder if that one guy on Youtube will still do his "i dislike Huber so this video gets a dislike" spiel now that all the nerds love Huber (as well they should).

Umibozu

Yep, the stream chat is just people looking for Huber and telling them how amazing their 'reactions' are. They start spamming the picture of them as Shenmue then when they don't start reacting to other stuff, they just trash Elyse.

In the end, the internet is fickle and there'll be a new hotness in two weeks. I hope GT finds some genuine fans after this influx, though. I can imagine 'Huber Hype' gets a huge viewer count boost.
yea, I have twitch chat off, and I can tell that the comments are affecting the crew negatively

Auctopus

Okay, call me an old man but I didnt realise how big "Reaction videos" have got in recent years, especially in the 12-17 age range.

That explains why the Huber video has gone viral so quickly. GT aren't they type to pander to their audience though so once people realise that reaction videos aren't really their thing, there'll be a slow decline again. Not that I wish lower viewership on the site but it'll clean up chat, abuse/idiocy etc.

Negator

Nah, it had some good games but the overall presentation was stilted and awful. How can you have some voice over talking over a Just Cause 3 video with all the excitement of reading aloud a local newspaper aloud?

I do agree that Just Cause 3 and Hitman(?) trailer were awful. I was literally laughing at how JC3 went just on and on and on and on.

Hasney

I do agree that Just Cause 3 and Hitman(?) trailer were awful. I was literally laughing at how JC3 went just on and on and on and on.

Yeah, which is a shame because if you actually look at the content of the games, they can speak for themselves. Everything explained in Hitman sounded brilliant, but there was a much better way to convey all that. For games like that, they should sit down and look at how they did it with Fallout 4. That was a huge info dump, but I never felt bored.

ViciousDS

Banned
its from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZYUq-jzLUg

I think a gaffer made this video.

Huber's emotion is just amazing. Its nice knowing that some journalists really feel for the industry and have that much passion. Because his reactions basically summed up mine that night.....just amazement and shock. I felt like I was 10 again.

Is that bossman in the lower right? Because that dude was pretty funny as well....just randomly knocks over chairs and stands on them to try and hold himself back lol.

tok9

The square conference was an awful conference with good games.

It really was slow and rigid! :) They just need to add a bit more energy, less talking and for the love of god.. stop showing trailers which we've already seen!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, which is a shame because if you actually look at the content of the games, they can speak for themselves. Everything explained in Hitman sounded brilliant, but there was a much better way to convey all that. For games like that, they should sit down and look at how they did it with Fallout 4. That was a huge info dump, but I never felt bored.

I liked the Hitman trailer, and I've watched it several times. Then again, they won me the moment they said they were going to back to rebuild on the base of Blood Money so I can see why people who are not into the series didn't like it. Thinking on it, they barely showed anything on it, except little details that people who have played previous entries would understand and get (like forcing doors, going over objects, etc.).

The Fallout 4 info dump was just amazing, never done before at a conference. Bethesda has innovated (in a way of speaking) conferences and I feel this is something that might be done by other companies for next year. Which games like Hitman and Just Cause could have used honestly.

Volotaire

Okay, call me an old man but I didnt realise how big "Reaction videos" have got in recent years, especially in the 12-17 age range.

That explains why the Huber video has gone viral so quickly. GT aren't they type to pander to their audience though so once people realise that reaction videos aren't really their thing, there'll be a slow decline again. Not that I wish lower viewership on the site but it'll clean up chat, abuse/idiocy etc.

It's why I loved it when Bossman started Direct reaction videos earlier this year and which the crew continues. I've been watching reaction videos for E3 for a few years (separately from watching usually a purer E3 feed first time) because I love watching reactions, however tame, snarky, excited or funny they are under a threshold of symmetric background information. I think some still exist for really early E3 moments (i.e 06-09).

Hahaha, love the joke just made on the stream.

It was something related to the centre of the universe that's being surrounded around No Man's Sky and what's in it. And Bosman just answered: "what if it's Peter Molyneux?"

Heh, love it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Square Enix is on the stream now showing Just Cause 3 and they'll show some other stuff too.

Sesha

They were talking about weapons in Just Cause 3. that would be too crazy in terms of the in-game universe. Apparently lasers would feel out of place. I suggested an orbital laser cannon which Elize actually asked, but it got shot down.

I want to play as a Bond villain, goddammit.

Tregard

Soothsayer
They were talking about weapons in Just Cause 3. that would be too crazy in terms of the in-game universe. Apparently lasers would feel out of place. I suggested an orbital laser cannon which Elize actually asked, but it got shot down.

I like the idea of the "Tropic Thunder" rule, but I agree an orbital laser cannon would be fantastic

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

But they did announce artillery strikes!

Top Bottom