• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Alucrid

Banned
Its outlandish for me to expect the guy to know even the basic information about a game he is supposedly hyped for? And this isn't some $2000 budget game tucked into a corner somewhere that you only see if you search hard enough. This game has been around for years now, at every Sony conference and has like 2 dozen articles and videos and interviews explaining all of this.

Outlandish. lol

I'm hyped for no man's sky and i didn't know it had trading

" this is the first time I've heard the word trading "

and this guy is a " professional " journalist. They have been talking about bounty hunting and trading and space combat and whatnot since the first interview in a magazine.

and that is why this industry is just .... so soooooooooooooooooooo so far behind so many others. Despite the gaming industry being beyond the others in terms of money flowing around, the public mouthpieces of the industry and the " professionals " within the industry are just terrible at what they do.

I fully expect regular joes to be lazy and not want to read everything there is to know about the popular games out there, but not the industry " professionals " with their own profitable shows and shit. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB.

So annoying.

This is from an article in January 2015.

That took me less then 30 seconds to find. And I could no doubt find talk of trading far further back then that. Yet here is this " professional " who states the Lets Play at E3 is the first time he ever heard mention of trading. Well, thats because you didn't care enough to find out. Simple as that. If you cared enough to find out, you would of found out because all the information he is seeking in his mind is already out there.

August 2014

Hearing that on Just Played was no lie the 1st time I've heard about trading. I've actually mentioned it other threads, because its the moment I decided this game is not for me.

Brandon's beef is not with NMS in particular, but with how it's been presented on stage.

In every press conference demo it has been a variation of get in spaceship, fly to planet, look at the wildlife and fly off again, all the while reiterating that space is really big.

SeanTSC

Brandon's beef is not with NMS in particular, but with how it's been presented on stage.

In every press conference demo it has been a variation of get in spaceship, fly to planet, look at the wildlife and fly off again, all the while reiterating that space is really big.

Yeah, and that's really Brandon's thing. He's BIG into presentation and trailers. How a trailer is cut, edited, put together, shown, what's in it, etc.

UrbanRats

Yeah, when instead of showing something you randomly name drop it once, it can happen to forget about it.
I think the way they showed the game through the months/years has been pretty bad.

It was good at first to just show the scope, but then it just became a repetition, without a clear gameplay framework unto which apply that context.
When really, that framework looks pretty standard fare (fight/mine/trade).
For some reason they just kept hammering home the same point, tho, which was also Brandon's point.

ilium

Who else is looking forward to this?

Excited for the Bosman.

e3gtxtcoeual.gif

wmlk

because that opinion is bullshit and is a disgrace to even be spoken aloud. It is also insulting the dozens of teams making games that are releasing down the road. Like their work means shit .... just because? Who knows.

Honestly, it just sounds like you're a Sony fanboy.

Strange thing, I don't like getting hyped (most of the time I talked about being hyped on GAF was a joke, like those Nintendo Direct threads). But recently I started liking seeing other people getting hyped. Caught up on Huber's Hype on Youtube and I thought it was very cool, the dude's energy is contagious.

Will catch up on The Final Bosman now.

So I just watched the Rock Band stream and man... lol.

Bosman on drums is good, but Huber on vocals is GOAT.

We definitely have our Huber stakes for Gamescom final bets.

DieH@rd

Banned

dex3108

I just realized that Huber and Bosman need to find new bets for Final Showdown XD TLG and Shenmue bets are not an option anymore :D

Visceir

Decided to throw up a couple of the funnier moments of their live coverage to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhHx1JXiSG0 - lady butt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKLKV9dBe3g - kyle gets the south park joke

The one where they pop their collars and start commenting in english accents is also a good one. It was from the square presser. I think someone even photoshopped top hats and monocles on them.

+Someone should upload Huber's rendition of Jessie's Girl on youtube.

Top Bottom