• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

GT time goes out of sync during the Halo chat and then get worse and worse. Towards the ends theres literally seconds between the sound and then the person speaking.

Grrr.

Johndoey

Banned
Good news everyone, twitch didn't mute Huber's beautiful rendition of Jessie's Girl

http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers/v/6367216?t=113m59s

I recommend installing ReChat for twitch in Chrome for the full experience

A new star is born, I am in awe.
THgGJBE.gif

I gave Kinda Funny or whatever that show is called a shot along with GT. I was watching the post Sony conference show and low and behold what do I hear from the dude next to Greg, " Sony has no games and it is an issue ".

Turned off and won't turn the show on ever again.

Guess it is down to GT. If GT fails, im done with gaming media altogether. Its so fucking pathetic.

Servbot24

Banned
I gave Kinda Funny or whatever that show is called a shot along with GT. I was watching the post Sony conference show and low and behold what do I hear from the dude next to Greg, " Sony has no games and it is an issue ".

Turned off and won't turn the show on ever again.

Guess it is down to GT. If GT fails, im done with gaming media altogether. Its so fucking pathetic.
Why would you want to only watch people who have the same opinion as you? There's literally no point other than reinforcing your own biases.

Why would you want to only watch people who have the same opinion as you? There's literally no point other than reinforcing your own biases.

because that opinion is bullshit and is a disgrace to even be spoken aloud. It is also insulting the dozens of teams making games that are releasing down the road. Like their work means shit .... just because? Who knows.

Maybe he meant Sony has no games (first party) coming this fall? Which is a pretty common opinion.

his exact quote, ( https://youtu.be/33AJBTEqy5c )

speaking like he is a Sony director or something talking about how to set up E3

" we have a few problems. 1, the Playstation 4 has no fucking games on it. That is a problem "

no, he wasnt talking first party. It would have been smart to say it like that, that first party Holiday 2015 are slim, but nope. He was just doing the tired, flat wrong and disgraceful and insulting " Ps4 hath no gamez! ".

So yeah, turned off. Won't turn back on again.

Servbot24

Banned
because that opinion is bullshit and is a disgrace to even be spoken aloud. It is also insulting the dozens of teams making games that are releasing down the road. Like their work means shit .... just because? Who knows.
Jeez dude. He's not blaspheming against a sacred religion. He just thinks PS4 needs more games. Like almost everyone does.

Jeez dude. He's not blaspheming against a sacred religion. He just thinks PS4 needs more games. Like almost everyone does.

The Tomorrow Children
Persona 5
Tearaway Unfolded
Dragon Quest Heroes
Until Dawn
Disgaea 5
Battlefront
No Mans Sky ( still hoping for 2015 )
Galak-Z
Metal Gear Solid 5
The Witness ( no way it doesn't hit this year! )
Cosmic Star Heroine
Super Time Force Ultra
Broforce
Kings Quest
Fallout 4
Uncharted Collection
God of War 3 remaster
Just Cause 3

From the fall 2015 schedule thread. This is what I will be playing on the system with no games for the rest of 2015. I don't have time for the BS and don't have to listen to it anyway. When you say " it has no games for 2015 ", you are flat ignoring dozens of projects that will be hitting the system throughout 2015 and really spitting in the face of the developers making those games stating their game is pointless. Its insulting, simple as that. Tired of hearing it.

Servbot24

Banned
Like every console needs more games. The PS4 has more games than any other competitors, that's not an opinion, that's a fact.
Yes but not more blockbuster games with mass appeal.

It will later, and he knows that, which is why he gave a ton of awards to upcoming PS4 games. But right now, it doesn't.

UrbanRats

It's not an opinion. It's either true or false.
Right, i should've said, it's a common complaint.

This however:
his exact quote, ( https://youtu.be/33AJBTEqy5c )

speaking like he is a Sony director or something talking about how to set up E3

" we have a few problems. 1, the Playstation 4 has no fucking games on it. That is a problem "

no, he wasnt talking first party. It would have been smart to say it like that, that first party Holiday 2015 are slim, but nope. He was just doing the tired, flat wrong and disgraceful and insulting " Ps4 hath no gamez! ".

So yeah, turned off. Won't turn back on again.

Sounds like an opinion, depending on what you consider having (many) games.
I think PS4 is doing alright, considering how long games take to develop, in this day and age.

SaiyanRaoh

Does anyone know where I can download or listen to all of GTs live E3 shows that were inbeteeen all of the conferences? I didn't get to listen to them all and they will make great listening while I'm at work.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yes but not more blockbuster games with mass appeal.

It will later, and he knows that, which is why he gave a ton of awards to upcoming PS4 games. But right now, it doesn't.
So now it's about mass appeal. What's the concern? Sony isn't going to make enough money this fall?

Not enough consoles are being sold because they have the wrong strategy?

Hasney

Are you going to make a joke about my vagina?

I think the Sierra PR girl needs to be a guest at some point. She really is the Elyse type of crazy.

I always watched and enjoyed the Final Bosman, but like a whole lot of others, GT's coverage of E3 has got me into the whole website's cast.
Holy Crap @ the Ben Moore vs Brandon Jones NMS discussion:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/cwkosr/no-man-s-sky-no-man-s-sky---e3-2015-impressions

GT team are the best, no 2 ways about it.
That got me fired up, lol. Sadly, I'm on the more 'downer' side that wants to know what I'm getting into and would like more information. But I can just wait until the game comes out to see.

UrbanRats

I always watched and enjoyed the Final Bosman, but like a whole lot of others, GT's coverage of E3 has got me into the whole website's cast.

That got me fired up, lol. Sadly, I'm on the more 'downer' side that wants to know what I'm getting into and would like more information. But I can just wait until the game comes out to see.

I'm with you (and Brandon).
I think they're making NMS to be more mysterious than it is in reality.

It ain't no Wattam, and it ain't no Dreams, and it ain't no Children of Tomorrow, all games which Brandon had no problems with.
So i think they're just being obtuse to a fault.

Auctopus

Secret door... RUN!

Gt Live was chaos, fun chaos but chaos nevertheless. Shame they didn't actually talk about E3 in the end ha, was looking forward to hearing Pamela's thoughts. They really need to collaborate with her more.

I was surprised 2 hours with her was bearable, I found the previous GT live with her way too cringey to watch.

" this is the first time I've heard the word trading "

and this guy is a " professional " journalist. They have been talking about bounty hunting and trading and space combat and whatnot since the first interview in a magazine.

and that is why this industry is just .... so soooooooooooooooooooo so far behind so many others. Despite the gaming industry being beyond the others in terms of money flowing around, the public mouthpieces of the industry and the " professionals " within the industry are just terrible at what they do.

I fully expect regular joes to be lazy and not want to read everything there is to know about the popular games out there, but not the industry " professionals " with their own profitable shows and shit. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB.

So annoying.

This is from an article in January 2015.

Murray explained that as players venture to the center of the galaxy “they’re upgrading their ship, they’re upgrading their weapons, they’re upgrading their suit. And they need to do that because they’re very vulnerable, they will be attacked by AI, potentially – very rarely – other players, things like that, if they cross paths with them. There’s space combat, there’s combat on the ground, there’s trading if you want to do that, mining resources and stuff, there’s exploring if you want to do that.”

Yep. Within the framework of the game, actions like mining and trading will gain the player currency to upgrade their ships, suits, and weapons — an absolute necessity as things get dicier and more dangerous the closer you are to the center of the galaxy.

That took me less then 30 seconds to find. And I could no doubt find talk of trading far further back then that. Yet here is this " professional " who states the Lets Play at E3 is the first time he ever heard mention of trading. Well, thats because you didn't care enough to find out. Simple as that. If you cared enough to find out, you would of found out because all the information he is seeking in his mind is already out there.

August 2014

Sure, there is trading, combat, weapons, ships and a core game, but really for me the quiet moments of discovery are what it’s all about.

sora87

I was surprised 2 hours with her was bearable, I found the previous GT live with her way too cringey to watch.

I thought she was delightful, and clearly knows her stuff, but I can see how she could be a bit over the top for people.

I think No Man's Sky has just flown under Brandon's radar really, he was intrigued by the trailer and that was about it, so he sent Ben to learn more about it and he got more information.

SeanTSC

" this is the first time I've heard the word trading "

and this guy is a " professional " journalist. They have been talking about bounty hunting and trading and space combat and whatnot since the first interview in a magazine.

and that is why this industry is just .... so soooooooooooooooooooo so far behind so many others. Despite the gaming industry being beyond the others in terms of money flowing around, the public mouthpieces of the industry and the " professionals " within the industry are just terrible at what they do.

I fully expect regular joes to be lazy and not want to read everything there is to know about the popular games out there, but not the industry " professionals " with their own profitable shows and shit. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB.

So annoying.

This is from an article in January 2015.

That took me less then 30 seconds to find. And I could no doubt find talk of trading far further back then that. Yet here is this " professional " who states the Lets Play at E3 is the first time he ever heard mention of trading. Well, thats because you didn't care enough to find out. Simple as that. If you cared enough to find out, you would of found out because all the information he is seeking in his mind is already out there.

August 2014

Expecting every single person to know every single thing about every single game is pretty much absurd. That's just impossible. He's an Editor in Chief and it is not his job to know all of that anyways. Brandon does, however, know more about things like Disney Infinity, Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, etc than I expect any human being to know. They have different people covering different things and different genres. I expect Bloodworth to have a pretty good grasp of most Racing Games, but I don't expect Ian (one of their main Camera/Tech guys) to know anything at all about them. Likewise, Ben Moore is hugely into every type of RPG and I expect him to know things about Pillars of Eternity (especially since he reviewed it), but I don't expect Kyle to know much about it.

Those are some really outlandish expectations you have.

Expecting every single person to know every single thing about every single game is pretty much absurd. That's just impossible. He's an Editor in Chief and it is not his job to know all of that anyways. Brandon does, however, know more about things like Disney Infinity, Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, etc than I expect any human being to know. They have different people covering different things and different genres. I expect Bloodworth to have a pretty good grasp of most Racing Games, but I don't expect Ian (one of their main Camera/Tech guys) to know anything at all about them. Likewise, Ben Moore is hugely into every type of RPG and I expect him to know things about Pillars of Eternity (especially since he reviewed it), but I don't expect Kyle to know much about it.

Those are some really outlandish expectations you have.

Its outlandish for me to expect the guy to know even the basic information about a game he is supposedly hyped for? And this isn't some $2000 budget game tucked into a corner somewhere that you only see if you search hard enough. This game has been around for years now, at every Sony conference and has like 2 dozen articles and videos and interviews explaining all of this.

Outlandish. lol

SeanTSC

Its outlandish for me to expect the guy to know even the basic information about a game he is supposedly hyped for? And this isn't some $2000 budget game tucked into a corner somewhere that you only see if you search hard enough. This game has been around for years now, at every Sony conference and has like 2 dozen articles and videos and interviews explaining all of this.

Outlandish. lol

Do you know what an EiC is? It's the Boss, basically. He herds the cats. Makes shit run. It's not his job specifically to go out and be a "journalist" or "reporter" for games. He takes care of some of that due to the staff being so small, but it's not the primary part of that position. And man, I spend all day looking up stuff at the games I'm hyped for and so does a ton of gaf and there's a lot of stuff each and every one of us misses.

Hasney

Do you know what an EiC is? It's the Boss, basically. He herds the cats. Makes shit run. It's not his job specifically to go out and be a "journalist" or "reporter" for games. He takes care of some of that due to the staff being so small, but it's not the primary part of that position. And man, I spend all day looking up stuff at the games I'm hyped for and so does a ton of gaf and there's a lot of stuff each and every one of us misses.

Must be nice.

Top Bottom