• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Hasney

Live GT Time was fantastic, but right at the start of Trailer Score cracked me up with Kyle going "Are we supposed to talk at this moment?"

Hasney

The silent part is some of the MGS V Trailer Score as the sound got content ID'd, so might be best to wait for that one to be chopped up.

Hasney

The analisis of the FFVII trailer was fantastic

Yeah, both from the three main guys and Ian was right as well. I didn't notice it before he said because everything is perfect but I watched after he said and those models don't animate fantastically. Still be a 10 from me as well because if the trailer is so good it hides them for the most part, it's ridiculously minor.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm still perplexed as to why elyse keeps saying that squares conference was the worst. Production wise? Sure. Content wise? No way, and that's all that matters to me at the end of the day

SeanTSC

When did they start with the "must be nice~" thing? I wanna go back and watch that conversation.

As others have posted it was in reference to beating Huber at Hearthstone, but it goes a bit deeper at that. As of last fall Ben had spent over $700 (no joke) on Hearthstone and who knows how high that number is now. So the "must be nice" meme is basically a reference to spending a lot of money on something, usually pay-to-win (though it could be anything).

Hasney

I'm still perplexed as to why elyse keeps saying that squares conference was the worst. Production wise? Sure. Content wise? No way, and that's all that matters to me at the end of the day

I don't think they showed a game she wanted to play, so it's totally an opinion. But can you imagine watching that conference if you didn't want to shoot something or play JRPGs? The presentation of it would make it torture.

I think we'd be hearing a different story if Life is Strange 2 was announced, or if they showed some of the interesting smaller titles that SquareEnix indie initiative is doing.

I've missed the last day and a half of everything since my internet was down for the last day and a half. Besides stuff like Trailer Score and GT Time, what would you say is "must watch" GT stuff from that time period, so I can watch it before landscapers knock out my internet again.

Hasney

I've missed the last day and a half of everything since my internet was down for the last day and a half. Besides stuff like Trailer Score and GT Time, what would you say is "must watch" GT stuff from that time period, so I can watch it before landscapers knock out my internet again.

End of Wednesday for the Just Playeds, so skip to when Huber, Ben, Bloodworth and Brandon are on stage.

Yesterday would be Rocket League, GT Time and Trailer Score.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't think they showed a game she wanted to play, so it's totally an opinion. But can you imagine watching that conference if you didn't want to shoot something or play JRPGs? The presentation of it would make it torture.

I think we'd be hearing a different story if Life is Strange 2 was announced, or if they showed some of the interesting smaller titles that SquareEnix indie initiative is doing.
I guess I just view press conferences as "here's what our future holds" as opposed to "here's the rest of our 2015 line up" which is why ms and Nintendo fell flat for me

Hasney

I've just noticed that the Just Playeds from Wednesday have been edited and put up now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/ClevverGames

I guess I just view press conferences as "here's what our future holds" as opposed to "here's the rest of our 2015 line up" which is why ms and Nintendo fell flat for me

And I agree with that, but if you're not interested in the games at all, it doesn't matter when they come out. Like I zoned out during Just Cause 3 with Square Enix, a game I've wanted for ages, because the video of the batshit insanity is overlayed by a man talking with one of the worlds most droning voices. I'm glad it wasn't one of the UK late night conferences or I would have fallen asleep.

End of Wednesday for the Just Playeds, so skip to when Huber, Ben, Bloodworth and Brandon are on stage.

Yesterday would be Rocket League, GT Time and Trailer Score.
Managed to find a lot of the Just Playeds on YouTube, so I'll focus on the GT Time & Trailer Score. Any particular time codes I should be looking for?

You should have a look at the Just Played videos that have uploaded from the stream over the last few days:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ClevverGames/videos

SeanTSC

Pretty much. I don't need to know about 2015 games. 2015 is packed and I already know tons about nearly everything coming out that I am even remotely interested in. E3 is about Hope and Hype and I'd rather see dreams of the future than be told shit that I already know. And Elyse continuing to say that "Sony has nothing for 2015" really bugged me when there's like 6 Exclusive and 3-5 Console Exclusive PS4 games that I'm picking up between now and the end of the year. And that's just the stuff that I personally am picking up, there's even more that I'm not. I love Elyse, but it was really silly.

Hasney

Managed to find a lot of the Just Playeds on YouTube, so I'll focus on the GT Time & Trailer Score. Any particular time codes I should be looking for?

About 3:13:00 for Rocket League, then 8:35:00 for GT Time and the Trailer Scores straight after. The last one of them is MGS V but because of Twitch, some of it is muted so I'm waiting on the YT version. But if you don't watch it, skip that for the end of all their E3 crazy streaming :)

GT Time: 08:37:20
Trailer Score: 10:28:15

http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers/v/6316062
About 3:13:00 for Rocket League, then 8:35:00 for GT Time and the Trailer Scores straight after. The last one of them is MGS V but because of Twitch, some of it is muted so I'm waiting on the YT version. But if you don't watch it, skip that for the end of all their E3 crazy streaming :)
Thanks for the help, I'll try to see if I can get that all queued up in case I lose my connection today.

Hasney

GT hit a home with their coverage this E3. I hope they gain alot of followers, because they deserve it.

The current Just Playeds they did live are trending higher on YouTube than the older ones in just a day and that's pretty good considering a chunk of their audience would have seen it live or on Twitch archives as well as the usual posting of it being on their own site. Will have to see if it's just E3 buzz or if it can be sustained, hopefully the latter.

Auctopus

Just watched the sign off from E3.

I think this coverage was definitely a turning point that has paid off for them after years of hard work and disruption.

Wow that was an incredible experience! GT used to be my go-to site back when the Invisible Walls crew were the face of the site, but my visiting waned as the staff slowly left. I was apprehensive when I saw a ton of unfamiliar faces taking the reigns, but I decided to check out their stuff this year. It wasn't even the really viral live stream reactions that caught my eye, it was the pre-E3 buildup that GT was doing. I marathon'd all the stuff in their E3 2015 YouTube playlist the weekend before things kicked off and their energy was infectious. This past week has been so incredibly fun because of them. Their enthusiasm, their wit (even with no sleep!), and their chemistry made them all so engaging to watch, and it made me feel a part of E3 more than any year I've tuned in. So thanks, GT, for making this such a memorable experience!

oti

Banned
Brandon Jones was right.
#TeamNoBrandonsSky

Ben and Ian were kinda unbearable to be honest in that video. Let's not talk about the Hubes.

UrbanRats

I agree.

E3 is the time to go big.
For the micromanagement you can have the showfloor and other venues.
Like, i don't need to see Batman at a press conference (ironically, that was at Sony).

That said, i think MS still had a good show, and i'm happy we got to see some MGSV, still.

This is true for the three big platform holders anyway, i get that like Square Enix wants to show every little game, and that's fine.

GT hit a home with their coverage this E3. I hope they gain alot of followers, because they deserve it.

They certainly won me over. I don't think I'd seen any of their stuff before, but after seeing the e3 reaction videos I started watching a bunch of their older videos. Their personalities are all fantastic and they're all very passionate about video games. They're a breath of fresh air in video game journalism.

BBboy20

My interest in GT waned when YouTube started having HD videos for game trailers; returned a bit when the Xbox fiasco occurred but lost interest; returned when Kyle Bosman became a thing but then became touch and go after. Now...GT may as well be the visual place to be for gaming.

CGwizz

I love them all but last night it was weird, ben is still mad about it or something, that metal gear video score was weird and akward betwen the two.

Visceir

Microsoft already stated that they held back some titles for Gamescom though and Sony has already stated that they won't have a press conference at all at Gamescom.

I think MS had a very competent press conference with some real highs, it's just that Sony dropped all those massive titles that it's nearly ipossible to compete.

Yeah, it was enjoyable. I do think they could have easily taken a break in the middle of the day and done some fun videos on the show floor instead. Doesn't seem like they are quite big enough to get big names to come to them and while Kyle managed to make the football game enjoyable it's still not quite what I want from my E3 coverage.

I love them all but last night it was weird, ben is still mad about it or something, that metal gear video score was weird and akward betwen the two.

lol they made up the night before (Wednesday) when they did more live just plays

they were probably just tired

Live GT Time was fantastic, but right at the start of Trailer Score cracked me up with Kyle going "Are we supposed to talk at this moment?"

lol too good

Deadman

Finally caught up with all the coverage that I wanted to watch. They did a really great job this year.

Looking forward to huber hype/manup/final bosman e3 specials.

Woffls

This is actually really fun to watch, especially now the audio mix has been sorted. They don't talk over the songs as much now.

Top Bottom