• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Hasney

I like Nights too, this is a really good one so far too (bar the episode of it that shall never be talked about). I just miss the regular kind.

Mandatory Update just isn't a thing anymore

You know how it is. The success made them lazy and they prefer rolling in money instead of putting some effort in. Now here basically butchering the IP with their cheap spin-off, with the hope to lure some more people in, before shutting it down completely.

Mandatory Update just isn't a thing anymore

Haha. I actually came in this thread to post "Anybody remember Mandatory Update? What a show that was!"

It must take an awful lot of work. Ian even said about making the show shorter. It only averages about 10 minutes an episode as it is.

Maybe it would be easier on them if they stuck to one "proper" Mandatory Update each month. Then they could have a whole months worth of gaming news to work with.

UrbanRats

Haha. I actually came in this thread to post "Anybody remember Mandatory Update? What a show that was!"

It must take an awful lot of work. Ian even said about making the show shorter. It only averages about 10 minutes an episode as it is.

Maybe it would be easier on them if they stuck to one "proper" Mandatory Update each month. Then they could have a whole months worth of gaming news to work with.
I agree with this, better to have a solid schedule, even if sparse.

sora87

It's insane to think Ben and Brad were getting delirious after 5-6 hours of playing FF7 so now they won't go over 4 hours, but Huber streamed for 11 and a half hours and finished strong. Dude is inhuman.

UrbanRats

It's insane to think Ben and Brad were getting delirious after 5-6 hours of playing FF7 so now they won't go over 4 hours, but Huber streamed for 11 and a half hours and finished strong. Dude is inhuman.

Delirious after 5 or 6 hours? I'm afraid i'm gonna have to demand they hand their gamer cards back in.

sora87

GTrpg looks cool and all, but Ben needed to be in the party for when they encountered the spiders. I like to think that Ben is a summoner and he summons waifus.

Alucrid

Banned
why are "what's the deal with"s always edited? aren't they only for 20 mins anyways? shortening it down to 12 doesn't seem to make sense

sora87

Yeah I wish they'd just let it run, although there may be a lot of dead air sections while they're just watching the game and silently judging it

I think they went on longer than 20 minutes in this one. I just think there just was enough interesting gameplay for them to really talk about it. I think the games work better when they are less niche and more of them are interested in seeing what it's all about.

tok9

Did they say if they will have the conference audio on this time?

Edit: Ah it doesn't really matter.. I'm stuck in meetings for the whole thing now that I've checked :(

Did they say if they will have the conference audio on this time?

Edit: Ah it doesn't really matter.. I'm stuck in meetings for the whole thing now that I've checked :(

I'll do the same what I did for the Sony conference.
Read the headlines and when I'm back home, watch the conference with their commentary later.

KeRaSh

Hopefully I can get out of my meeting in time to see it live.
By the way, did Kyle ever do his one hour stand up routine for losing the E3 bet? I recall him saying he would need a month to prepare some material but that month has already passed.

Hasney

Hopefully I can get out of my meeting in time to see it live.
By the way, did Kyle ever do his one hour stand up routine for losing the E3 bet? I recall him saying he would need a month to prepare some material but that month has already passed.

No, Huber went to China, so he needed to be back first.

Hasney

I'll be working, so I'll probably just watch the before/after and watch the actual conference. Can only have one feed on my phone with headphones on.

Karu

Following GT since E3 (again). Mandatory Update Nights is the best thing they do by far. Those commenters they mentioned are crazy.

GT should consider doing a podcast with a panel of Ben, Huber, Brad and Matt: I think it would be different enough from GT-Time with those personalities, they might be able to avoid too much overlap.
I'd particularly like to hear more from Matt and Brad outside of GT-Time super seat appearances.

I realise they do appear together on the twitch streams a fair amount, but the conversation often gets derailed by the game they're playing, or the chat.

ManUp nights can be hit or miss for me, comes with the fast-'n-loose territory I suppose.

Top Bottom