• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Auctopus

I'm not really keen on Brandon's treatment of the Dark Souls III trailer.

He starts off with saying "I can finally talk about Souls because I've finished my first FROM game" then says how these trailers are getting repetitive and then towards the end likens them to a COD trailer?! It's clearly had a lot of care and artistic input and just because it features the same components of previous trailers doesn't make it the same thing. Fitting music, gameplay, cutscenes, bosses and enemies; he hated on it for playing to its strengths?

I'm not sure he understands that FROM put out the exact trailer their fans wanted to see and showed off a pretty fresh mechanic in terms of the series (Bonfire sacrifices) and that we don't really need/want huge changes to gameplay etc. Additionally, his complaint about the black bars he should know about if he completed Bloodborne: Black bars for boss introductions, no black bars for gameplay.

Doesn't he love James Bond? Those films/books rely on the exact same formula every single time. He rated the Spectre trailer highly for showing off what's best about Bond then calls Souls repetitive for doing the exact same. Weird.

UrbanRats

I actually agree with Brandon on this one.
FROM's trailers definitely seem to follow a bit of a formula, but that's not necessarily a bad thing (even Brandon admits as much at the end) and the black bar thing is annoying, i guess they didn't have the chance to debug them out for the trailer, or something.

Also, tangentially related, i loved BB and i'm really looking forward to DkS3, but i hope FROM takes a bit of a break from the franchise after it (well, and after the inevitable DLC for BB and DkS3) because playing BB i did start to feel some fatigue, personally, like i was going through the motions, and thing thrown at me started to feel predictable in a bad way.

So i hope they'll take one or two years off, because the gauntlet ever since DkS2 released, has been insane.

What the heck?! Why isn't the Shenmue collection in the list? After Huber hyping Shenmue 3 to the max I'm pretty sure most people want to play the first games to see what's up with that franchise. Should've change number 4 for Shenmue collection ¬¬

Auctopus

What the heck?! Why isn't the Shenmue collection in the list? After Huber hyping Shenmue 3 to the max I'm pretty sure most people want to play the first games to see what's up with that franchise. Should've change number 4 for Shenmue collection ¬¬

2 games isn't really a collection. I think they're talking about IPs/Companies that consist of multiple games akin to RARE.

N° 2048

turtles-iv-sewer-surfin.jpg

You not be forgettin the Gravity Queen's home have ya?

Dammit, you've got me there.

I always loved that Kat's abode was the inside of a disused sewer pipe. A really inspired touch, especially when she started decorating it to the point that it eventually resembled something approaching a 'home'.

Everyone does realize that the black bars in the DS3 trailer are from in-game cutscenes, right? From was lazy and decided not to either crop & zoom, or just use different footage.

UrbanRats

Surprised they liked that Homefront trailer.

To me it was concentrated cringe from start to finish.
It just needed an eagle soaring the sky in the final shot, to be complete.

sora87

No dumb game monday yesterday either, their twitch schedules all sorts of messed up. No idea why they're bothering with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture either, that's really not a stream-friendly game.

UrbanRats

No dumb game monday yesterday either, their twitch schedules all sorts of messed up. No idea why they're bothering with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture either, that's really not a stream-friendly game.

I don't know, but after reading some reviews, i'm gonna wait for Kay Plays to get around to it, like i did with Gone Home.

Umibozu

New huber hype is out and is one of the best he's made. The video is about his 4 favourite arcade games, all four game series mentioned in the video are very good choices. I'm personally happy huber mentioned the initial D series as that is too often ignored or forgotten.

What's the deal with...? was not great, sorry.
It seemed the idea of the show was a bite size 1st raw impression of a game that probably won't get a full review, but a slice of the community will have an interest in...

..having the dev of the game there coaching the play meant everyone was on their best behaviour and made out that a average looking game was better than it was.

The video was pretty cringey.

Save the devs selling their games for GT live.

UrbanRats

What's the deal with...? was not great, sorry.
It seemed the idea of the show was a bite size 1st raw impression of a game that probably won't get a full review, but a slice of the community will have an interest in...

..having the dev of the game there coaching the play meant everyone was on their best behaviour and made out that a average looking game was better than it was.

The video was pretty cringey.

Save the devs selling their games for GT live.

Gotta agree with you here.

Coxy

That Huber hype was great, some really great picks there

he should film his trip to the TC5 machine and reacton to it

Auctopus

To be clear, is this about Project Cars and he just used that Riptide game or was he serious with Riptide lol, I'm so confused.

I really don't think it's about Project Cars.

I think it's satire on overly-cynical, mob mentality in the video game community. At least I hope it is.

I really don't think it's about Project Cars.

I think it's satire on overly-cynical, mob mentality in the video game community. At least I hope it is.

The 2 games I kept thinking about were Everybody's Gone to the Rapture -walking sim hate- and Metal Gear Solid graphics debate 2015.

Umibozu

The Final Bosman, every time kyle said gameplay I mentally replaced it with context to great success.

It's unfortunate that they're being moved again and hopefully it doesn't affect the quality of their programming. I could tell something was up even during their e3 coverage when there were people coming in measing their studio during their coverage.

Top Bottom