• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Hasney

Wow, Scalebound totally took me by surprise. The initial reveal did nothing for me. This however, looks amazing. Shame that it's so far off.

The Platinum logo is the only thing that sold me on the first reveal, but holy shit at that gameplay.

Shame Huber wasn't there, I think he would have been hyped watching it.

The Mafia Saga - Huber Hype - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sadz5kDSP6o

dUJoUDk.gif

Just to point out that Brandon chose the wrong game to use as an example of not changing a lead character when talking against the recast of Quantum Break..

FFXV ditched Stella. Their main female character got the boot in favour of a different character.
Character. Voice actress. All replaced.

Just to point out that Brandon chose the wrong game to use as an example of not changing a lead character when talking against the recast of Quantum Break..

FFXV ditched Stella. Their main female character got the boot in favour of a different character.
Character. Voice actress. All replaced.

Was Stella ever shown in XV? I haven't kept up too much with it, but I thought she was only shown in Versus XIII.

I know he's a big fan of the series and the show is called Hype, but too much revisionism. Mafia 1 was slow and clunky, the cars were a nightmare. The racing level was all kinds of bad.
The 2nd game was much better, but it did not need to be open world. If the game had been linear like Uncharted, then the gameplay could have been tight as a drum. Instead it had to have controls that did everything, when it really didn't need the open world. You don't need UbiSoft towers in your open world, but the place needs to feel alive or what's the point? As is, you're driving 10mins across a city to get to the next mission because that's how R* did it in 2002...with nothing else in this lifeless husk of a city except collect wanted posters for achievement points.
The story is pitch perfect, but the mechanics of the game need sorted.

Was Stella ever shown in XV? I haven't kept up too much with it, but I thought she was only shown in Versus XIII.

Well no, but we didn't know that. Many hoped Lunafreya was still Stella and the director wouldn't comment about the change if appearance..then just last month we were finally told she was booted.

I Was meaning more about Brandon being annoyed at the subversiveness of it, which is exactly what happened with Stella. The developer took a character people had already become attached to, replaced her, kept quiet and finally said "hey, care about this one instead. She's good too".

Hasney

Original Mafia was fucking excellent. Watching Huber is making me need to get an emulator going for it. Might just wait to see if they get a PC version to buy.

Volotaire

Thanks GT for including the conference audio this time! It helped a lot. And thanks for doing a review show with EA even when you could not stream the conference (since it was at 1AM PT). Great stuff.

UrbanRats

Very good GTtime this week.
I'm a little disappointed that they didn't mention SKATE in the Tony Hawk talk, a far more depressing "franchise death" in my opinion.

I didn't think it was good at all. It was just dull and I actually fell asleep watching it. I guess the combo of 3 games in a row that I'm not interested in just wasn't for me. There weren't even any funny parts.

I'm disappointed that they mentioned the TIME cover, but didn't go into it. I think there would have been some good material there.

Other than that though, great episode.

Auctopus

Respect to Blood for doing these Rare Replay mini-reviews. Seems like a lot of work and even though I don't have an Xbox, it's interesting to hear about all these games.

I've been watching The X Files recently. The latest episode I watched, series 4, Cancer Man uses the pseudonym "Raul Bloodworth". Obviously I immediately think of Gametrailers. Only the second time I've ever come across that awesome surname.

Top Bottom