• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Auctopus

Great huber hype, love his reaction to kyle saying Star Wars at the end.

Only one mention of Persona 5. I am disappoint.

Also, I like how he mentioned all those big AAA games that have come out as "something for everyone" and I've not played a single one. Arkham Knight will probably be the one I get to first. Bloodborne? Not a fan of the Souls games, sorry (I tried with Demon's Souls, it wasn't for me). Witcher 3? I've never played a Witcher game, why would I suddenly jump in here. MGSV? Haven't played beaten anything past Sons of Liberty~ (I remembered I've played like 30 minutes of Snake Eater).

Also, Kyle is factually correct that there's nothing else that matters movie wise sans The Force Awakens.

For what it's worth, Id never played a Witcher game before and W3 is my current GOTY.

UrbanRats

Macbeth is this year, no? You're doing it wrong if you're not looking forward to that.

Also, Kyle hould never talk about movies, lol.

Huber's wrong, it is early access and its not finished. RPS said the game was missing some of its sanity effects.
Just be warned, I don't know why he made a point if saying its not early access...when it is.

Did they stream the FFVII Playthrough on YouTube? Either way, was so happy to see it archived and on YouTube this morning - can't wait until I get home from work so I can watch.

Fbh

New Final Bosman is Up

Bonus bit was great, Brandon sure knows his figures lol

I do kinda miss the set and the suit. While fun, it felt more like Kyle having a conversation with Jones rather than a Final Bosman episode. The format seemed more similar to a Just Played

eFKac

Final Bosman is dead, huh? :-(

Shame, I mean Kyle is even a really decent interviewer, but that's just not what Final Bosman was for me.

wiibomb

one of the best shows in GT was Final Bosman, and Defy Media has managed to somehow shrink so much the staff and the space of GT that now Bosman can't even make his show possible...

I don't like the new format, this feels like GT Time in a 12 minute episode, I like GT Time a lot, but this is not it. I don't blame Bosman at all for this, he just works with what he has.

I now really miss the good old Final Bosman days

one of the best shows in GT was Final Bosman, and Defy Media has managed to somehow shrink so much the staff and the space of GT that now Bosman can't even make his show possible...

I don't like the new format, this feels like GT Time in a 12 minute episode, I like GT Time a lot, but this is not it. I don't blame Bosman at all for this, he just works with what he has.

I now really miss the good old Final Bosman days

Is it really all on Defy Media? I didn't think about the fact that they've had less space...

Final Bosman being in a different format this week is clearly because Kyle was on holidays last week and Monday was a holiday. That leaves Kyle with one day to produce a normal Final Bosman (desk or no desk) on top of all of his other responsibilities. I'm surprised we even got something at all this week.

wiibomb

Is it really all on Defy Media? I didn't think about the fact that they've had less space...

they have less space there, he even had to "part ways" with his old desk on the last true Final Bosman he made, I believe they don't have anymore the space to put a desk or a set for the show, so he had to accommodate to this to make whatever he could with his show.

I still think Defy Media cut the wings of GT, a shame since they had a growth in audience since E3

Auctopus

I agree the current setup of TFB is seriously lacking but I'm putting it down to the switch up and the team finding their feet etc.

I really hope it loses the TV chat dhow vibe soon, that really isn't what drew me to the show. I'll support GT nonetheless.

MrPanic

Even though this is definitely not something I wanna see in a Final Bosman, I think these casual one on one interviews could totally be an item on its own. A Mini Bosman if you will, for days when there's less regular GT content.

Philippo

Nope Bosman, not like this... not like this...
dat post-credit tho

HH episode was fun, although i always think Ian is on drugs because the way he talks.

I do kinda miss the set and the suit. While fun, it felt more like Kyle having a conversation with Jones rather than a Final Bosman episode. The format seemed more similar to a Just Played

Yeah, didn't like this, Final Bosman should be about Bosman's monologues on random issues. Not another talkshow with the crew. Just make more GT Time and Mandatory Updates etc. with the crew but keep Final Bosman and Huber Hype formats where they are.

And it's not about the desk, he can hold the monologue from the couch! :p

Prompto

Banned
Final Bosman being in a different format this week is clearly because Kyle was on holidays last week and Monday was a holiday. That leaves Kyle with one day to produce a normal Final Bosman (desk or no desk) on top of all of his other responsibilities. I'm surprised we even got something at all this week.
Yeah hopefully that's the reason.

Umibozu

Strange that they didn't just dual-stream on Youtube and Twitch yesterday instead of doing two separate streams
Their setup probably doesn't allow it, what was funny was how their twitch community was getting salty because they thought gametrailers was abandoning twitch for youtube.

luchadork

whoa. i really liked this weeks final bosman. yeh it wasnt the final bosman format but i thought the discussion with brandon was interesting and i enjoyed it.

Umibozu

They're streaming on YouTube now too?

Does that have past broadcasts like Twitch and does anyone have a link to the page if so?
It automatically gets put up after it's done, so if you go to your subscription feed you'll see their destiny stream there.
I think it just gets added to their videos, unless they made a gt plays playlist. It's in their gametrailers channel not their gt reviews one.
edit: or this

It automatically gets put up after it's done, so if you go to your subscription feed you'll see their destiny stream there.
I think it just gets added to their videos, unless they made a gt plays playlist. It's in their gametrailers channel not their gt reviews one.
edit: or this

Cheers, fellas. More GT is always a good thing.

This latest episode of GT Live felt a little weird and unfocused. Didn't really need the trailer, there should have been more interaction with the person playing the game and the number 11 segment was just too long. I think maybe having 2 people from the GT side took up too much time and that made everything seem rushed.

KeRaSh

Do we know when Tabletop Adventures continues? I don't follow them on Twitter or anything so I might have missed the memo if there is one.

UrbanRats

Regarding Final Bosman, i echo the sentiments.
Bonus bit was ace, and the conversation itself was good, but the format just doesn't feel unique anymore, and could've been just a random Just Played about LBX or Yokai Watch or any other number of kid games.

What i say is try to make lemonade with lemons!
For example sit on the floor, and have a cardboard box set up as a fake desk, and a shirt with a tie crudely drawn on it, and an non-ironed suit to boot.
Play on the fact that you don't have a studio to shoot the Final Bosman properly anymore if you have to (this is just one random idea, i'm sure Kyle can come up with something better) but don't turn every other show into the same thing, every other show you put out is.
As good as those conversations can be.

Can someone clear up to me what the changes are at GT? Why did they move to a new building? Are they shrinking in size? Is it not making much money?

I love the guys here and they offer great entertainment -- but I'm not confident as to where the website is heading.

Sami+

Can someone clear up to me what the changes are at GT? Why did they move to a new building? Are they shrinking in size? Is it not making much money?

I love the guys here and they offer great entertainment -- but I'm not confident as to where the website is heading.

Parent company keeps fucking them over to make more room for Smosh or whatever is what it looks like imo

Top Bottom