• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Mariolee

I missed last week's GT Time so I went to watch it and man those first five minutes were kinda rough to watch. Kyle ragging on Brad, and then Ian and Brad ragging on Kyle was funny at first, then kinda cringe worthy. I definitely understand why everyone acted like they did, even Kyle. I've gone into something that I think might be funny but ends up just insulting someone. The cringe was too real, but they picked it up pretty quickly and made another awesome episode!

Umibozu

I was searching a gametrailers youtube video to show to someone, and I was disgusted by how smosh's honest game trailers cluttered up the search results. What made it really bad was that honest game trailers cluttered up the results to the point where the video I searched for didn't even come up in the results. Now I can go through all their videos to find it, but I can imagine some random person missing gametrailers videos because of this. I'm sure this only has negative effects on their video's views.

Auctopus

MU without the desk just isn't the same.

The name is suggestive of a news report/bulletin so the new pseudo-chat setup just doesn't fit right. Change it to "Mandatory Nights" then yeah, it's cool. But if they're going to do news updates then i think they need to bring back the desk.

luchadork

I was searching a gametrailers youtube video to show to someone, and I was disgusted by how smosh's honest game trailers cluttered up the search results. What made it really bad was that honest game trailers cluttered up the results to the point where the video I searched for didn't even come up in the results. Now I can go through all their videos to find it, but I can imagine some random person missing gametrailers videos because of this. I'm sure this only has negative effects on their video's views.

I dont want to rag on them too much because i absolutely love the content they put out. But has anyone actually explained why there are two separate channels? Seems like a good way to make it harder for people to find your content.

Hasney

I dont want to rag on them too much because i absolutely love the content they put out. But has anyone actually explained why there are two separate channels? Seems like a good way to make it harder for people to find your content.

It's pretty standard for channels with a lot of content

DMiz

Just went through the Until Dawn stream again - hands-down, one of the best streams that they've put out, and they've done tons of quality streams.

I think the GT Crew is at its best when they can get most of them together and just enjoy a game. "What's the Deal with...?" is a good approximation, but the limitation of a 20 minute time limit prevents us from getting to the real fun bits. However, if you haven't watched the Gauntlet episode, please do so - nothing makes a fan laugh than reading comments from other fans that understand the GT 'mythos' and humor. (Ben Moore - must be nice!)

Reflectively, I feel like the way I pull for GT is the same way that I used to pull for 1up. Each of the guys (and gal!) on the crew have an interesting, distinct, and knowledgeable view of games and other cultures (art, comedy, what have you). Really looking forward for when they get back into their groove with the new studio and we start seeing more regular content again.

Do we know which other Defy Media property got the old studio now, so I can properly hate them?

Spitefully relevant.

luchadork

It's pretty standard for channels with a lot of content

What's your definition of 'a lot'? Either way, that usually happens for channels with massive viewer numbers and clearly defined content that might appeal to different segments of that viewership. I really don't feel that's happening with GT. For example, why is the until dawn let's play on the review channel but the highlights are on the main channel? Youtube's UI doesn't exactly make it super clear that there is content across two channels. And frankly, its a pain in the ass to navigate between the two.

I really liked the format of the most recent MU. Having Bosman and Huber there was fun. Probably laughed out loud more than I ever have watching MU.

Although I wasn't a huge fan of how often Ian and Elyse called Bosman "side bitch." I get the joke, but it came off kinda rude and not funny after the first time. Everyone loves Bosman, come on :p

DMiz

I really liked the format of the most recent MU. Having Bosman and Huber there was fun. Probably laughed out loud more than I ever have watching MU.

Although I wasn't a huge fan of how often Ian and Elyse called Bosman "side bitch." I get the joke, but it came off kinda rude and not funny after the first time. Everyone loves Bosman, come on :p

There are several incidences where Ian and Elyse often state that they love having Bosman around, though, if it makes you feel better! :p

Sami+

Eh they're all good friends so I wouldn't worry about it lol

Visceir

With all the Top 10s Gametrailers is making someone here like Hasney should make a top 10 gametrailers moments from 2015 at the end of the year.

I'd vote Huber's karaoke performance into it.

sora87

With all the Top 10s Gametrailers is making someone here like Hasney should make a top 10 gametrailers moments from 2015 at the end of the year.

I'd vote Huber's karaoke performance into it.

Definitely the end of the Until Dawn stream has to be in. And I think we all know what will be number 1... *petal drops and shenmue music hits*

FFVII Playthrough better be coming back this week -- I was bitterly disappointed to find Street Fighter IV on the archives lol.

I know it was because of technical issues.

ito007

I agree with Huber's rating of the game. They clearly had a lot of fun, and it was great fun to watch. I'm actually surprised how nice the graphics are. They aren't even great, but I liked how the 3D vehicles looked as they were racing.

sora87

Screw you, John Vignocchi! Don's level was charming!

Sucks that there's no Tabletop or GT Time cause Kyle's out, surely they could have done something without him?

I've never seen GT go so all out for 1 game before. Theres 2 videos just advertising Metal Gear stuff. Literally nothing of substance, just promos for other videos.
So weird.

I've never seen GT go so all out for 1 game before. Theres 2 videos just advertising Metal Gear stuff. Literally nothing of substance, just promos for other videos.
So weird.

2? There's the Retrospective promo (which is something we've always done with Retros) What's the other one?

Hasney

So weird.

Might be trying something new to get more views and it's easy to try that with Metal Gear, since it's 3 of the guys top overall franchise and Brandon seems to absolutely love what he's played. In fact, with Kyle on holiday this week, I doubt he's actually going anywhere.... Probably just playing Metal Gear.

2? There's the Retrospective promo (which is something we've always done with Retros) What's the other one?

Think he's talking the round up as Brandon did as well.

Last night I was round my parents' house. I always take my Wii U with me because they absolutely love Mario Kart. Halfway into a tournament my Mum gets a phone call so we have to pause. To kill some time I decide to load up the Internet Browser on the Wii and watch the Wacky Racers video on Youtube. My Dad is sat beside me absolutely pissing himself throughout. He loved it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Good work, guys. You've got yourselves a new fan.

Theres a video of Brandon talking about all of last seeks MGS content and the MGS content coming up this week.
Its weird, I've never seen you guys do that before.
I get that usually you promote these videos at the end of GTtime or GTlive, but even with no shows this week...the videos are like right there...

Theres a video of Brandon talking about all of last seeks MGS content and the MGS content coming up this week.
Its weird, I've never seen you guys do that before.
I get that usually you promote these videos at the end of GTtime or GTlive, but even with no shows this week...the videos are like right there...

ah, it's only on the YT channel I see. I worked from home yesterday, had no idea that happened.

We've definitely doubled down on big games in the past. I remember we had a whole Assassin's Creed Week leading up to the Black Flag announcement.

luchadork

i appreciate it. its the sort of stuff i think you guys should do more often.

sincerely,
luchadork - internet expert in running a videogame website

wmlk

ah, it's only on the YT channel I see. I worked from home yesterday, had no idea that happened.

We've definitely doubled down on big games in the past. I remember we had a whole Assassin's Creed Week leading up to the Black Flag announcement.
When FFXV hits, you should do a retrospective on FFVIII. There are some striking visual and design similarities and it's a less-loved FF. I think that would do really well and spark some great discussion.

I'll make the thread if it happens. :p

SPAW

When FFXV hits, you should do a retrospective on FFVIII. There are some striking visual and design similarities and it's a less-loved FF. I think that would do really well and spark some great discussion.

I would watch this.

Umibozu

Two things just learned from the stream; brandon's bad at mario games and that gametrailers trying to make money off merch was previously unsuccessful.

They already did a retrospective on that game

Top Bottom