• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Umibozu

eh...manups is so weird with that side setup now...at least they are back to cutting to ian or elyse when they are reading a news story.

seems more like a rehearsal. side bitch was funny at first but i'd prefer this not to be "kyle reacts" heh
They probably don't have enough material, hence the overuse of the 'side bitch' shtick.
I don't mind it here or there but it seems to be after every joke.

Mariolee

Watching GT Time and Blood just mentioned getting together and playing Rocket League after church with some good ol' splitscreen co-op instantly brought back memories of me as a little kid coming home from church to a friend's house to play Mario Kart 64. Man I really gotta try Rocket League out! It always sounds so fun.

I'm in the same boat as Ian and Huber when it comes to Bloodborne. It's the game I think about most and anytime I play something else, I actually long for Bloodborne's awesome combat and beautifully crafted levels. Easily the best game of the year.

Also agree with Ian on lore > storytelling and his Fallout will be a hot mess prediction made me laugh, as I agree with him that Bethesda can't design games for shit.

UrbanRats

I'm sorry to say Bloodborne was fairly forgettable for me.
I loved it when i played it (for the most part) but it didn't leave a lasting impression, despite loving Souls games and loving the setting, it felt predictable i guess.

Unfortunately, i was sure MGSV was going to be my GOTY for sure, and it started with a boom, and then... well i'll avoid spoilers, but let's just say now i'm not even sure what my GOTY would be.

Perhaps Just Cause 3 will be my last minute savior.

Despite everything wrong with it, for now it's still MGSV though, because the gameplay side of it is absolutely brilliant.

I found it really weird how Brandon said he hasn't played MGSV, but he's dismissing other games in GOTY categories because those are MGSV categories.
Seems Bloodborne will be a lock anyways, it comes up in nearly every conversation in the same way that Blizzard card game used to and that was GOTY.

Umibozu

I don't understand why they did Zombie Vikings on friday instead of Code Veronica or FF7
They probably wanted to get out of the office early. Brad suggested they switch mid-stream, but it seemed like the rest of them weren't having it.

edit: the thread just got moved to gaming community :'(

UrbanRats

I found it really weird how Brandon said he hasn't played MGSV, but he's dismissing other games in GOTY categories because those are MGSV categories.
Seems Bloodborne will be a lock anyways, it comes up in nearly every conversation in the same way that Blizzard card game used to and that was GOTY.
In general i think W3 and FO4 will make bank on GOTY awards, but yeah, for GT, likely Bloodborne.

They probably wanted to get out of the office early. Brad suggested they switch mid-stream, but it seemed like the rest of them weren't having it.

edit: the thread just got moved to gaming community :'(
RIP in pieces, GT thread.

Auctopus

Yeah, I'll usually watch the streams I missed in the week (most due to time zones) at the weekend and I had to go play Hearthstone whilst watching that one. It was the game to be fair, just had no character and was so bland in both gameplay and design.

UrbanRats

Finally got around to watch the MGS spoilercast.

I'm baffled by how soft they went on it, especially on the story (well, the gameplay is amazing so no qualms there).
The more i think about the story, the more i think this is all a big joke from Kojima or something, it's incredibly awful.
Won't post spoilers in here, don't worry. :p

Also, i think i'm genetically predisposed to disagree with 99% of the things Matt Blair says.

wiibomb

Finally got around to watch the MGS spoilercast.

I'm baffled by how soft they went on it, especially on the story (well, the gameplay is amazing so no qualms there).
The more i think about the story, the more i think this is all a big joke from Kojima or something, it's incredibly awful.
Won't post spoilers in here, don't worry. :p

Also, i think i'm genetically predisposed to disagree with 99% of the things Matt Blair says.

don't know yet about the story, I'm still at mission 9 so I have looog way to go..

but I usually agree on everything matt says.. soooo.. that makes me disagree with you? lol

UrbanRats

don't know yet about the story, I'm still at mission 9 so I have looog way to go..

but I usually agree on everything matt says.. soooo.. that makes me disagree with you? lol

Ah, maybe you will love it then.

For disclosure, for the first 20/30 hours i was absolutely in love with the game, since the gameplay is ace, it's just the story that disappointed me (to put it very lightly).

I'll see you in the SPOILER thread though. :p

Sami+

Still waiting on Tabletop and GT Time... I don't want to watch them online because they're best for when I'm at work or commuting.

Are we getting any extra coverage for TGS this year or is it just blowing in the wind?
I guess midnight is too late for a live stream of the Sony conference, but nothing for tomorrow? Like the EA gt live from gamescom?

eFKac

God damnit I was looking for this thread for almost 2 days, didn't know it was moved to community, need to sub already.

Afrodium

Banned
Still waiting on Tabletop and GT Time... I don't want to watch them online because they're best for when I'm at work or commuting.

For real. Where the fuck is my GT Time? At this point I feel like someone forgot to add the new episode and it won't be up until they add the next one.

Sami+

For real. Where the fuck is my GT Time? At this point I feel like someone forgot to add the new episode and it won't be up until they add the next one.

I really love the staff and I think gaming wise their content is the best around by far, but man I am so tired of this. Not the first time it's happened. At this point I haven't listened to Tabletop in... over a month I think? Like come on :/

I realize we're not paying for this content but seriously I WOULD if it meant better consistency.

Dsyndrome

Actually up for this stream due to being inundated with Taylor series applications. This is more important than my final tomorrow anyways.

UrbanRats

Stream was fun, only complaint is that the audio from the stream was a bit too low, and was really hard for me to understand whatever was said by the translator, especially when the guys were screaming.
Still, made the conference (already a good one) that much better.

Szeth

xD that collective disappointment after that Biohazard announcement xD

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

3hXbt2E.gif

Loved their reaction lol

Umibozu

Watched sony press conference stream. Kyle picked his nose a lot, ben was overly enthusiastic, it was funny how they thought nioh was a dark souls clone. The only drawback that I took issue with was the 'compromised' statements like somehow if those games were exclusive they would look a lot better. Yes, they could look better but that is more down to budgetary issues than the games being ps4 exclusive.

Watched sony press conference stream. Kyle picked his nose a lot, ben was overly enthusiastic, it was funny how they thought nioh was a dark souls clone. The only drawback that I took issue with was the 'compromised' statements like somehow if those games were exclusive they would look a lot better. Yes, they could look better but that is more down to budgetary issues than the games being ps4 exclusive.

Yeah, the "compromised" rubbish was obnoxious as hell. I could maybe get the joke if they're talking about big AAA games like MGSV but for smaller scale stuff like World of Final Fantasy? It's pretty stupid.

As for Ni-Oh, I don't really get the Souls comparisons that everyone's throwing around (not just them, it seems pretty common). Onimusha had horror elements and monsters long before Souls was a thing, so that's what it reminded me of.

Most of the show was good though.

But Onimusha was much faster paced and very corny, it never really took itself seriously. Probably a but too much in four, to its own downfall.
Nioh is very dark and brooding.

The stream was fun, but the bashing of Vita got old fast.
..but then again the vita bashing continued into the round up video too.

Not to be a weeaboo, but Kyles hangup of the COD dude saying Koni-Shiwa instead if Koni-Chiwa is pretty stupid and irrelevant.
Ch and Sh are the same sound in Japanese (J too) and can be mixed and matched. Judging foreign constants on a romanized rule is foolish.
The COD section was long, boring and lazy by showing an old video..but to hang the guy on his pronunciation just rubbed me the wrong way.

UrbanRats

But Onimusha was much faster paced and very corny, it never really took itself seriously. Probably a but too much in four, to its own downfall.
Nioh is very dark and brooding.

The stream was fun, but the bashing of Vita got old fast.
..but then again the vita bashing continued into the round up video too.

Not to be a weeaboo, but Kyles hangup of the COD dude saying Koni-Shiwa instead if Koni-Chiwa is pretty stupid and irrelevant.
Ch and Sh are the same sound in Japanese (J too) and can be mixed and matched. Judging foreign constants on a romanized rule is foolish.
The COD section was long, boring and lazy by showing an old video..but to hang the guy on his pronunciation just rubbed me the wrong way.
Really? I remember Onimusha 1 to be very close to Resident Evil in tone.

Also, i think the Koni chiwa thing was funny because it felt sort of unexpected and was timed a bit funny.

I laughed too and not for the pronunciation (nor because they were laughing).
Add to that the increased levels of laughter response you get at a late hour, and that's probably it seemed so funny.

Really? I remember Onimusha 1 to be very close to Resident Evil in tone.

Also, i think the Koni chiwa thing was funny because it felt sort of unexpected and was timed a bit funny.

I laughed too and not for the pronunciation (nor because they were laughing).
Add to that the increased levels of laughter response you get at a late hour, and that's probably it seemed so funny.

Yeah, Onimusha did get more action-orientated with each new game (especially Dawn of Dreams, which went so far in that direction that I didn't like it) but it started out as basically Resident Evil + samurai.

Top Bottom