• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Auctopus

Only watched the first half of GT Time so far but it's great. Jessica comes across a lot better in this format than she did in LITL. Maybe that's an argument for Season 2 of LITL to be podcast/chat based?

Just to keep expectations in check for Tabletop Adventures this week, I decided to try something new since Huber is out. Instead of the regular group, it's me, Brad, Don, and Brandon. They're not familiar with Dungeons & Dragons, so it took us awhile to find our footing. Also, a new group means we won't have the same chemistry, at least not yet. If you keep that in mind, I think it's interesting watching new players wrap their heads around the game.

Great idea to set it in the same world as the OG group. Looking forward to watching it after work.

sora87

I appreciate Ben is watching Welcome to the NHK, I recently finished it and it's good but depressing haha.

This weekend I will finish MGS5 so I can watch the spoilercast

Dsyndrome

For GT Time, didn't agree with her assessment at all that we get too much Resifent Evil. The issue is that the new content they put out (i.e. not remasters) is not what the fanbase wants at all. I think the rest of the room brought that up, was only half paying attention.

Visceir

New Tabletop Adventures was fun-fun. New group seemed to get really into it too by the end. Brad was really good at this, loved the voice he did.

Ben should have perhaps introduced Don to all the spells available to him though....then again then the situation might have been resolved much faster and Brandon's character wouldn't have gotten his cool moment.

And perhaps just remind them that they can do pretty much anything they want in D&D. Brad could have grappled the enemy, for example.

Good episode, would actually like to see more of this group than the other.

New Tabletop Adventures was fun-fun. New group seemed to get really into it too by the end. Brad was really good at this, loved the voice he did.

Ben should have perhaps introduced Don to all the spells available to him though....then again then the situation might have been resolved much faster and Brandon's character wouldn't have gotten his cool moment.

And perhaps just remind them that they can do pretty much anything they want in D&D. Brad could have grappled the enemy, for example.

Good episode, would actually like to see more of this group than the other.

Yeah, Brad really surprised me. He always comes across a little shy on camera, so when he came out with that voice I was shocked. He was very good.

It was a decent side episode. Very good of Ben to come up with an idea for others to join in with, and for the viewers to have something to watch, whilst the "main" group are unable to participate.

Auctopus

Anyone got any idea where Huber went? On the stream they said he was "on the other side of the world", where did he go? Was it gaming related?

UrbanRats

New Tabletop took a bit to get going, but they seemed to have found a good footing by the end; too bad it concluded right when it was getting good.
That line up needs a good disruptor like Kyle though, he can usually see where people want to take a predictable plot point, and throw a curve ball, which can be frustrating for Ben (i imagine) but also makes for some of the funniest moments.
Good example would be when he came out with the idea of
having killed Bowser

I also liked GT Time, and i don't get the complaint about them not having played Gravity Daze.
It wasn't even a major point of the podcast, they were doing a rundown of all the titles shown at TGS and that was just one of them.

Ian cracked me up with the "You're rooting for the superseat?" - "I just want this show to be canceled".
Holy shit, lol.

Hasney

I think this may be the best episode of Mandatory Update ever.

MrqEaEb.gif

border

Mandatory Update was really great! I think they are doing just great with the new format after a shaky start.

I am really curious what it is like to run a teleprompter.....I wouldn't think that it's really that much work. Reading backwards?

"I am in need of fine glassware and all my finest tumblers are out of batteries." Can someone explain this joke?

Definitely the best episode in a long, long time.

Turns out that the couch setup wasn't as much as an issue as it was the constant cut to Kyle to get a reaction out of him.

SeanTSC

Definitely the best episode in a long, long time.

Turns out that the couch setup wasn't as much as an issue as it was the constant cut to Kyle to get a reaction out of him.

Yeah, Ian and Elyse make the show what it is. I love Kyle, but constant cuts to him were really horrible, and it'd probably be better if they never cut to him at all on this one.

Though it'd still be better with the Desk back.

tok9

You can't expect everyone to have played every game.

Ben and Brad have played it and I imagine Huber probably has too.

Auctopus

Very solid stream line-up this week.

Gonna have to save Elyse and Huber's SOMA stream until I've finished the game as great as that's gonna be.

Umibozu

just watched this zelda video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpF8_bdgSHc
It was a well made video, and had a few points that I missed. Felt different in format to what normally comes out of gametrailers and hope to see more videos like this (not necessarily lists).
Keep up the good work Elise.

Also new huber hype is out.
huber's queue, language huber.

wiibomb

just watched this zelda video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpF8_bdgSHc
It was a well made video, and had a few points that I missed. Felt different in format to what normally comes out of gametrailers and hope to see more videos like this (not necessarily lists).
Keep up the good work Elise.

Also new huber hype is out.
huber's queue, language huber.

gotta say I loved that elyse video, I hope she does that more

makes fro a fun mix between hard facts about the game with in between quirky jokes, actually funny

The video was good, but she needs to work a bit more on her voice work and delivery.

Yes, that's right, Elyse. You should narrate every video as Pervince.

You're welcome!

Can't get any of the videos in archive on the Twitch channel to load. I'm assuming it is a weird glitch on my end but anyone else having any trouble?

Top Bottom