• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

UrbanRats

Well Bosman got it right in saying that the game will torment me for years.
That's how i feel.

It was supposed to be THE fucking game, and it fell so flat on its face... and the fact that it shows so much brilliance (in the gameplay portion) it's just the worst part of it, ironically, because it just shows that the potential was right there.

If TPP came and went just like any other regular shitty game, it'd have been easier to digest, to be honest.

just watched this zelda video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpF8_bdgSHc
It was a well made video, and had a few points that I missed. Felt different in format to what normally comes out of gametrailers and hope to see more videos like this (not necessarily lists).
Keep up the good work Elise.

Also new huber hype is out.
huber's queue, language huber.
I was surprised to hear Elyse, but I enjoyed this! More original content is always good.

So Huber and Bosman both go on a media blackout so not to have MGS spoiled, and then immediately talk spoilers on their respective shows once they've finished the game?

What a pair of wazzocks!

Visceir

It's cool that Final Bosman is back to the old format, whatever he tried inbetween was just not working at all.

I wonder how much more demanding doing something like this is, must be tough coming up with a topic and trying to get a new (great) episode out every week. Is it mostly a single person effort or do others from staff contribute to it like it is with ManUpdate?

Haven't also seen a Trailer Score from them in a while now, guess that can be blamed on the review season.

So Huber and Bosman both go on a media blackout so not to have MGS spoiled, and then immediately talk spoilers on their respective shows once they've finished the game?

What a pair of wazzocks!

Doubt you're being all too serious but the only thing they are having issues with is having spoilers in titles and in places where you don't expect them. They warn you there will be spoilers and it's up to you to decide if you still want to engage the content.

+I'm sure most would actually like to hear their impressions on the game.

wiibomb

The problem is I haven't finished it yet, the selfish bastards. And now I can't watch their shows.

Did he not spoil it? I just assumed he did. My bad.

he just said the amount of chapters in the game, which is widely known even for those who haven't played the game, if someone is so sensitive to that info then he/she should get out of internet

Auctopus

Great to see Anthony Carboni. Would've been even better if he had Tara Long with him too.

Rev3 was my second favourite games channel before they closed.

Umibozu

Anthony Carboni was a great guest last night. Kept the conversation going and his troll at the end making the chat salty was the best.

sora87

Carboni has always come across as a bit pompous imo, and Tara was a massive xbox fangirl. Never liked them.
GT Live is very 50/50 when it comes to guests for me.

GT Time review: Shutup about Sonic Boom already
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png

sora87

Aww, Huber getting a little emotional near the end of tabletop there :B
That's definitely been my favorite thing GT has ever done, even above the Timeline's and Retro's. I actually enjoyed it more than most TV series haha. I'll miss the characters but I think it'd be best to start out with something new for their next adventure, give everyone a chance to explore different roles.

Sami+

Aww, Huber getting a little emotional near the end of tabletop there :B
That's definitely been my favorite thing GT has ever done, even above the Timeline's and Retro's. I actually enjoyed it more than most TV series haha. I'll miss the characters but I think it'd be best to start out with something new for their next adventure, give everyone a chance to explore different roles.

Agreed, Tabletop is just sooooooooo good. That finale, lord.

I hope we see the same characters next season, I like them too much lose them completely. At the very least Hogger and Pervince, but I like the idea of the whole group just being much stronger in general and tackling huge threats as the alternate group with Jones and all them is having their own "becoming heroes" story.

sora87

Good to see John Michael on the Soma stream.
They really need to figure out a way to do all their streams in that room, just looks much better and legit.

UrbanRats

On the one hand, Ian shat on Super Mario for being "all the same with different power ups" which is painful bullshit, especially since he's a fan of the, now yearly, Souls installments. :p

On the other hand, nice Godspeed You! Black Emperor name drop at the end.

--

Also yeah, the finale to Tabletop was great.
Kyle's Deus Ex Machina made it all that greater.

ito007

Starting Tabletop from the beginning is like watching an awesome show on Netflix that went on for 9 seasons or something and you totally missed the boat when it originally aired. You got the whole show to yourself, at whatever time you wanna watch it. good stuff.

Sami+

Definitely start Tabletop at the first episode. It's all there on iTunes/whatever the Android app is man, just listen to em day by day on your commute or at work or whatever. Will take a few months to catch up and it's a LOT of hours of entertainment, great stuff.

I started Tabletop Adventures from the very first episode a while ago and don't regret it. The earlier episodes take a while to get going, but once they reach the village, it gets really, really good. Pervince and Hogger are easily the stars of the show.

I'm at episode 24 right now (podcast feed) and while the story line could need a little push right now, it's always a fun hour.

Hasney

I think other than stumbling when they included Max for a bit, the moment Hoggar shoves that woman down is the moment it turns from good to amazing.

Top Bottom