• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

ito007

I think other than stumbling when they included Max for a bit, the moment Hoggar shoves that woman down is the moment it turns from good to amazing.
It's crazy to think how significant that little moment is. Their true characters really shown themselves after that.

Great Manups learned Elyse is the best rapper in the office, what netflix and chill was, and where bosman's paycheck most likely goes.

Netflix and chill has to be some teenager shit lol, never heard that before.

Burt

Damn that was an awesome episode.

I never thought I'd say this, but I need Pervince to go away next season on TTA so he can get replaced with Blemishlem, the constantly angry, gravelly-voiced bard from Snutroit.

Visceir

Finished watching the Tabletop Adventures finale. The ending was quite alright.

I hope they start off with new characters for the next season. Would be fun to see what they could come up with for their new characters. Now that they have a better grasp of the whole D&D thing they should be also in a position to create characters they might be more into...or that arent bland in every combat situation.

Thanks, will do that. I don't think I have the time to start from the beginning.

They did a standalone episode with different characters, I think it's episode 10. It's a good episode to decide if that show format is for you or not.

New MU is on.

Kyle better complain at HR, after this.

Things got really awkward in that one, haha.

It sucks that their space is so limited now, really not a fan of seeing all those cameras and telepromter machines on screen during the show.

Kyle is also reduced to sitting in a corner with some kind of mini-desk for Final Bosman

Holy shit, that MU episode. Absolutely fantastic. Very awkward, personal and professional, as always.

And as I'm about to start another Persona 4 run, I loved Ben's part.

llehuty

Last two MU eps have been amazing. Hope al the complaints about the change of format end now.

But imagine someone that doesn't know the show ends up randomly watching this one, lol.

Last two MU eps have been amazing. Hope al the complaints about the change of format end now.

But imagine someone that doesn't know the show ends up randomly watching this one, lol.

Well, the complains about the format weren't just about the couch setup, but also the constant cut to Kyle. Watch the first episode in the new room and watch this and the last one. It's a pretty big difference.

llehuty

Well, the complains about the format weren't just about the couch setup, but also the constant cut to Kyle. Watch the first episode in the new room and watch this and the last one. It's a pretty big difference.

People had problems with Kyle being in there, not just the amount of cuts (I know there has been an improvement form the first episode). People were asking for them going back to the original fromat, which I wasn't a big fan of, I like the more fast and loose nature of this format.

I hope they start off with new characters for the next season. Would be fun to see what they could come up with for their new characters. Now that they have a better grasp of the whole D&D thing they should be also in a position to create characters they might be more into...or that arent bland in every combat situation.

I need to see Bosman playing antipaladin and ruin the whole game in one episode. Tho I have no idea if those are officially in the game they are playing (5th E?).

Hasney

I'm glad MU is getting all these comments. I was on some pretty strong painkillers when I watched and was laughing like a loon, so I didn't know if it was great or it was the pills.

Visceir

I need to see Bosman playing antipaladin and ruin the whole game in one episode. Tho I have no idea if those are officially in the game they are playing (5th E?).

I would have liked his next character to be knight type who is really dumb, but super charismatic and good looking, antipaladin sounds even better tho, haha.

There are so many options and I'd love to see them flex their creativity muscle to create new characters.

I don't think Bosman got to create his own character originally. Andree was a pregenerated rogue IIRC. Would be interesting to see him roll up something that is his own idea.

sn00zer

From my old gif making folder
DistinctLightheartedDwarfmongoose.gif

For all his love of the genre, Ben surely does suck at jrpgs.
I got used to him and Brad's spamming of summons a few episodes ago (that will haunt them in the end game), but the other stuff keeps adding up. Buffs, status effects, ignoring certain materia because it needs leveled up 1st and just a general lack of tactics in all boss battles.
Compared to Bosman who may spends maybe a little too much time in the menus, but the guy preps like Batman and it shows. Sure he had help from chat for the pagoda battles and he had the sick dodge, but those battles are still brutal and he got through them all.
I'd really love to see him play Pokemon, I think he actually must be a damned beast at it.

Umibozu

I rewatched the last ff7 playthrough (because I fell asleep while it originally aired) and it was a little funny/sad that they said they were working on a rebuttal video to what the gt live guest said about their game.

SeanTSC

So, tonight I learned from my barely-ex gf that "Netflix and Chill" is indeed a thing. And then she said love you as she left.

God dammit. This is Ian's fault somehow. Thanks Ian.

RE:FF7 - I think Brad and Ben think they can just blow through it, rather than it being a lack of their JRPG skills.

He's still in the office, think he moved to Smosh or something. He showed up during E3 and was on the Mario Maker stream last week.

He worked with Andrea before we came to Defy, and they started working on GT stuff when we moved in. Max did more and more with us in live streams, Just Played, etc. but wasn't officially part of GT on paper. Then he got laid off early in the year, which is why we stopped doing GT News. Eventually started seeing Max around the office again when they needed extra editors for other brands, I'm guessing on a per-project basis.

I rewatched the last ff7 playthrough (because I fell asleep while it originally aired) and it was a little funny/sad that they said they were working on a rebuttal video to what the gt live guest said about their game.

They should have said something at the time. Not about the game, who cares about his opinion on the actual game...but to go on and say people who like FF7 are garbage was straight up cringe.

sora87

They should have said something at the time. Not about the game, who cares about his opinion on the actual game...but to go on and say people who like FF7 are garbage was straight up cringe.

That guy has always been cringe, never liked him. Really wish everyone on the sofa called out his bullshit.

eFKac

Carboni is great and he was cool on that GT Live, actually someone that plays games on a regular basis, all those voice actors and devs who are like, "yeah last I played uhmm...Sunse Overdrive I think, cause I worked on that", "I need to finally get around playing The Last of Us", etc. etc.

For all his love of the genre, Ben surely does suck at jrpgs.
I got used to him and Brad's spamming of summons a few episodes ago (that will haunt them in the end game), but the other stuff keeps adding up. Buffs, status effects, ignoring certain materia because it needs leveled up 1st and just a general lack of tactics in all boss battles.
Compared to Bosman who may spends maybe a little too much time in the menus, but the guy preps like Batman and it shows. Sure he had help from chat for the pagoda battles and he had the sick dodge, but those battles are still brutal and he got through them all.
I'd really love to see him play Pokemon, I think he actually must be a damned beast at it.

Sigh. This is why it's not always fun to stream. "Don't mess up at all or we'll judge you immensely!"

Umibozu

Sigh. This is why it's not always fun to stream. "Don't mess up at all or we'll judge you immensely!"
I wouldn't say you guys play(ed) poorly at all.
It's just that the way you guys have the atb set up where speed is at max and enemies can act while you all are going through the menus hinders you to the point where you're needlessly taking damage that is otherwise avoidable and makes the game a fair bit more difficult.
Kyle repeatedly dying last stream because he was in the menu too long is a prime example.
It just seems that the self imposed handicap is catching up.

Regardless keep up the good work streaming

I really like Anthony Carboni. I love FF7, but he was kind of right.
I didn't know of him, but he made some valid points.

Myggen

I think everyone who play games on streams/LPs get some of that, to a smaller or larger degree. As always I think people underestimate how difficult it can be to play a game well while at the same time trying to hold an interesting conversation. I know that I'm not able to do that.

Karu

One of the Kinda Funny guys made a LP abouz Halo 5 and got shat on like there's no tomorrow. Those people who complain in such a tone are super weird to me...

Some people are always going to feel this way about a stream, and I don't think it's something to worry about too much. I've seen LPs I didn't like from people that I normally enjoy watching. You can't please every person all the time.

Visceir

...but to go on and say people who like FF7 are garbage was straight up cringe.

I watched GT Live out of curiosity after the comments here and he definitely did not say that.

Brandon even explained why it's alright for him to take a stance like that. He wasn't criticizing FF as a whole and brought up examples from other games and why he thinks those are better. Guy seems really knowledgeable on games and the industry in general.

Obviously he was playing up the "garbage" angle for entertainment value and going by from the whole GT Live show he seemed to like making jokes that are close to crossing the line (saying Ian would make a great young woman, comparing JarJar to John McCain etc)

Anthony Carboni is alright~

I think everyone who play games on streams/LPs get some of that, to a smaller or larger degree. As always I think people underestimate how difficult it can be to play a game well while at the same time trying to hold an interesting conversation. I know that I'm not able to do that.

Haven't watched the FFVII LP past #2, but I imagine it would be more entertaining to watch the game if they did some cool materia strategies rather than just spamming summons over and over again (going by what the other poster in this thread said).

Top Bottom