• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

It was so great seeing Kyle BUCKLE

It's a great idea. Not familiar with it though so it would involve a lot of prep work.
Given how the game rewards people for RPing, the OG tabletop crew would be perfect for it. It's not just based on kills to gain XP. And character creation could add even more layers with the outward and inner traits, perks & flaws, etc

Umibozu

has the gt staff ever considered playing metal gear solid risk?
edit: will super mario rpg be played on actual hardware or vc virtual console?

Sigh. This is why it's not always fun to stream. "Don't mess up at all or we'll judge you immensely!"

Hey, i've been watching for 30+hrs in full and i wouldn't be watching if i didn't love. Its just FF7 has such a great and dynamic ability system and in the stream it's just been boiled down to 1)cast haste 2)cast all summons 3)mitigate damage 4)panic and scramble in the menus when someone dies/MP runs out...which hurts more because the battle is carrying on at top speed.
It's nuts to be the Northern Crater and never leveled up any HP/MP+ materia, the baddies in there can do more damage with one attack then that party members currently have in total.

Kudos to any streamer, because it's something I couldn't do.

I watched GT Live out of curiosity after the comments here and he definitely did not say that.

Direct quote: Final Fantasy seven is a garbage game for garbage people. Then Elyse says something like "lets see the garbage people" and Kyle looks like someone just cancelled his netflix subscription.
The irony is how his favourite FF game is the same as mine, but i just can't get over how middle school-esque his comments are, like is that how he really expresses his opinion? . His comments that it's just the same game as FF6 is bizarre. The story, levelling, pacing, setting and cast of characters are all so different. I personally don't believe he's played either, at least to any length.

UrbanRats

It's a great idea. Not familiar with it though so it would involve a lot of prep work.

Would be cool to see what you guys come up with, in a setting outside of more classic fantasy realm.
Especially since your characters in the more modern Fiasco episodes were pretty damn funny.

But ofcourse, i'd understand if you didn't have time to prepare for it.

Direct quote: Final Fantasy seven is a garbage game for garbage people. Then Elyse says something like "lets see the garbage people" and Kyle looks like someone just cancelled his netflix subscription.
The irony is how his favourite FF game is the same as mine, but i just can't get over how middle school-esque his comments are, like is that how he really expresses his opinion? . His comments that it's just the same game as FF6 is bizarre. The story, levelling, pacing, setting and cast of characters are all so different. I personally don't believe he's played either, at least to any length.

ian calls people garbage all the time, for petty reasons, but it's obviously in jest.
Didn't watch GTLive this week, but i'm pretty sure that was a joke as well.

tok9

I used to like Carboni a lot and I usually enjoy whatever he says when he pops up on a podcast.

I wouldn't say anyone should take his comments seriously about garbage people, it was purely tongue in cheek and he even goes on to say he loves plenty of garbage games.

This is the usual some few taking everything too seriously. I think some people would be amazed to see the backlash they would receive if they were mic'd up for a day.

Umibozu

Proper board games would need additional camera work and the show would not longer work as a podcast so, not sure if it's a good idea.
They're considering playing monopoly at some point, I just thought that they might want to try metal gear risk at some point afterwords. My suggestion isn't meant to replace a tabletop episode. The staff were talking about playing a board game during a stream, so I don't think they'd put it up as a podcast anyways.

They're considering playing monopoly at some point, I just thought that they might want to try metal gear risk at some point afterwords. My suggestion isn't meant to replace a tabletop episode. The staff were talking about playing a board game during a stream, so I don't think they'd put it up as a podcast anyways.

They've done Monopoly on PS4 on stream. It was great fun!

Chicago Enforcer is not just a dumb game... it's a BAD game. I really hope he changes it for next week. This could be the longest and most infuriating stream game ever.

Time for Spyro!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I can't imagine how exhausting it must be for people like Yahtzee to keep themselves so self important and anti "just going with it".

I watch Huber Hype and GT stuff to get away from the tired "I hate everything" internet shtick that got tired 5 years ago.

I can't imagine how exhausting it must be for people like Yahtzee to keep themselves so self important and anti "just going with it".

I watch Huber Hype and GT stuff to get away from the tired "I hate everything" internet shtick that got tired 5 years ago.

Reminds me of Giant Bomb during E3 this year. I try not to criticize people, but it seems like he was trying to be stoic about everything.

If Yahtzee doesn't like Huber, or the HH personality, then he shouldn't have done the show. Unless Huber ask him to to see how it would pan out.

I seem to have found this thread after "misplacing" it for several weeks, so I need to get some thoughts out on some of the last few shows.

Final Bosman:
The desk is back!!!!!!! We now return to your regularly scheduled hilarity.

Mandatory Update:
The last 2 episodes have been hilarious. There was one pan to Kyle who was crumpled over laughing and it made me spit laugh. And I wasn't even drinking anything. Also, the part about Kyle sharing his parent's Netflix account was gold.

Huber Hype:
The spoiler episode made me mad. Like... really mad. And it was all because of one of the comments that caught me off guard. I purposely fast-forwarded through the entire Star Wars section only to catch a brief glimpse of a few key words below the video that made me want to flip my desk.

This latest episode, does that guest like ANYTHING? He seemed to Debbie Downer every topic. Is that his schtick? Does he work at GiantBomb? :)

Tabletop Adventures:
I loved the new crew. I think they need to add one more though... maybe Brandon's wife who does voice work? I think she'd add to the dynamic.

As for the ending of the original group... it was wrapped up perfectly. I'm torn on what they should do next though. I'd like to see Kyle choose a new character—I think Mecha Andre ran his/her course. But the rest... I can't decide. I think Pervince and Hogger should return; undecided on Ian's character though. Maybe a combination of old characters returning with some new blood would be the best option? I'm rambling now.

GT Time/GT Live:
I really liked the episode with Geek & Sundry—Those 2 were fun guests. GT Time is always fun.

Top 10:
Battlefront winning was a surprise. But that's my #1, so I have to agree.

In fact, I feel like I have similar tastes as most of the crew at GT. I'm slowly transitioning away from toxic sites like IGN, where I no longer agree with them on anything, especially their reviews. I like to read/watch reviews from people with similar tastes as me. I don't go to a vegan food critique site to read a review on In N Out Burger, so why go to IGN where they clearly hate the genres I enjoy?

GT isn't going to make Kyle review Call of Duty, but IGN would do that in a heartbeat if it meant getting controversial clicks. (EDIT: Actually, after typing that, I would LOVE to read that review.) That's why I appreciate GT, it's because they enjoy gaming and it shows in their work, their discussions, their reviews, everything.

Sami+

Sigh. This is why it's not always fun to stream. "Don't mess up at all or we'll judge you immensely!"

Don't let it get to you man. I've been loving the FF7 stream since it started, and really enjoy the others too.

I feel like people are here for the wrong reason if they're expecting high level play when you're more concerned with keeping entertained via fun commentary and chat interaction.

eFKac

I don't know, I laughed when that Yahtzee guy said Fuck Hearthstone and fuck everyone who plays it to the camera :p

That Chicago game for dumb game monday though. Holy shit it's bad...maybe irredeemable.

Myggen

Don't let it get to you man. I've been loving the FF7 stream since it started, and really enjoy the others too.

I feel like people are here for the wrong reason if they're expecting high level play when you're more concerned with keeping entertained via fun commentary and chat interaction.

It comes with the territory when you're streaming games. Check out the Game Grumps thread on GAF, half of that thread is people complaining about how they play games.

Umibozu

Just watched the October sizzle reel and they seemed to exclude Legend of Legacy which is out on the 13th, but included witcher 3 dlc that's out on the same day? :-/
I understand people are looking forward to the dlc, it's just that Legend of Legacy could have used the exposure.

I love Yahtzee, but having him on an episode of Hype were he can just say he hates everything with no explanation kinda deflated the episode.
Should have talked about Souls games, something he likes and GT loves.

UrbanRats

I love Yahtzee, but having him on an episode of Hype were he can just say he hates everything with no explanation kinda deflated the episode.
Should have talked about Souls games, something he likes and GT loves.

He did mention Silent Hill 2, which he also mentions often in the Zero Punctuation.
I agree with him about SH2's (positive) lack of exposition, too.

Watching the Tony Hawk stream hurt a little bit. I remember having a lot of fun with the original Tony Hawk games but this one just looked kind of boring. Hard to really give an accurate appraisal without playing the game myself, but at first glance it doesn't seem good.

Some solid gifs this week!

5i9n9DT.gif

Mlvc1uf.gif

xpYW3su.gif

Double post from The Final Bosman thread, but I know some people don't check that.

Sesha

This week's Huber Hype was hilarious. I assume having them talk about cutscenes as opposed to narrative design in games, Dark Souls, Silent Hill or something else was probably intentional. Not the best choice in terms of having an actual episode based around discussing a topic properly, but certainly amusing nonetheless to see the extreme contrasting personalities of Huber and Yahtzee clash.

Top Bottom