• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

wiibomb

we need a 2 hour MGSV spoilercast yo

there is one about 1 hour and 20 minutes, I heard it and I'm pretty much in the same place as them (mostly sided with matt blair), but I want anotherrrrrrr

nobody cares about mgs5 anymore

tell that to yourself, most places and people I'm talking to are only talking about this... ah and the spoiler thread is almost in its third thread, this game is not getting forgotten so easily

That fits so perfectly.

It was interesting to see Bosman talk about how the importance of balancing context and mechanics dawned on him after all his context love.

I want to know his take on MGSV mechanics further than he talked in the past week's episode

sora87

Oh god damnit, turns out they cancelled the FF7 stream this week. They really shouldn't put it on the schedule if they know there's a possibility of it not happening.
Who gives a crap about Prison Architect or The Warriors. Pft.

Oh god damnit, turns out they cancelled the FF7 stream this week. They really shouldn't put it on the schedule if they know there's a possibility of it not happening.
Who gives a crap about Prison Architect or The Warriors. Pft.

Prison Architect actually turned out really cool. Escape mode was intense.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Matt Blair rekt

If there was a way to cut out/neutralise the part of Blairs brain that constantly goes into corporate apologist mode I'm sure he'd be a cool dude.

But every time he's on GT Time and such, he drags it down into an abyss.

Giving Konami and Activision and suchforth "the benefit of the doubt" over the last few months was absurd.

ito007

If there was a way to cut out/neutralise the part of Blairs brain that constantly goes into corporate apologist mode I'm sure he'd be a cool dude.

Giving Konami and Activision and suchforth "the benefit of the doubt" over the last few months was absurd.
The show really needs that though. Since no one in there knows about how large businesses work (particularly in the marketing field), it helps when they balance each other out like that

wiibomb

I agree with what he said, even if condescending, his point is needed for a healthy discussion, being 100% negative is never a good way to go and that is something I'm liking a heck lot of GT, they never go to a hell of negativity.

I know how everyone is against Konami and Activision and EA and.. hell, a lot of companies, I am myself, but there's nothing bad to try to think in another perspective

Umibozu

His viewpoint is necessary. On the other end we have kyle and ian with their unsubstantiated shit-talking on a weekly basis that generally doesn't get called out. I don't think that matt himself likes to be a corporate mouthpiece, but he finds himself on the other end of the spectrum when kyle and ian make such incendiary statements.

The show really needs that though. Since no one in there knows about how large businesses work (particularly in the marketing field), it helps when they balance each other out like that

I'd wager a bet to say that Brandon knows a fair bit about it.

That said, I enjoy Blair's contrast to everyone else. It may paint him in a "negative" light, but any good panel should have contrasting opinions. I enjoy that GT doesn't just shit on things and that there's always someone on the table that can offer a dissenting opinion and make people think from a different angle. It makes for great discussion instead of a circle jerk.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I get the "different opinion" side, but when someone is constantly doing the devils advocate thing, it means you can tune them out entirely because when can you rely on them just being straight?

It was the "we dont know whats going on at Konami exactly" example that was the most annoying. Yes we did, and it wasnt good.

ito007

I'd wager a bet to say that Brandon knows a fair bit about it.

That said, I enjoy Blair's contrast to everyone else. It may paint him in a "negative" light, but any good panel should have contrasting opinions. I enjoy that GT doesn't just shit on things and that there's always someone on the table that can offer a dissenting opinion and make people think from a different angle. It makes for great discussion instead of a circle jerk.
Very true on Brandon. I think it was worth noting when he said something like "hey these marketing guys thought they were doing something right but didn't work, so they pulled it." that is a far more reasonable response than other comments.

Auctopus

I think Blair should take over the Just Played "interviewer" position if he's up for it.

I was so impressed by the ones he did over the summer. He clearly wasn't familiar with a couple of the series yet he asked great, relevant questions.

Have you guys seen this battle of the bands thing?
CQVUfeZUcAA8LXU.jpg

CQQ-psEWEAAuWtr.jpg

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

eFKac

Heh I think that's why I like Matt Blair.
He goes against that awful culture among the gaming community to shit on gaming companies at every given opportunity without much thought, all of the bitching, entitlement etc.

sora87

High School Sweethearts are sell outs guys, at least Fifty Dollar Knife kept it real and didn't get swooped up by the man

Woffls

High School Sweethearts are sell outs guys, at least Fifty Dollar Knife kept it real and didn't get swooped up by the man
50dk will always stay tru man. they're about bein raw and real. none of this deathcore shit all the kids are listening to.

Top Bottom