• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

UrbanRats

Latest GTtime was really good, although short (really, this show needs to be an hour and a half).

I would really like GT to have a show where they sit down and really eviscerate a topic, in like 1 or 2 hours talk.
Could be even like once a month, but really get right down to game theory with it.
Topics could vary from "open world", to "dlc", to the "throwaway" nature this industry has for its art, compared to film and books and music.

I mean this is basically what "Well, you're the one who started this conversation" is, but that is always ridiculously on the clock, and they never get to say more than a couple of sentences on any given subject.
It'd be nice to have something that could be of more value and even, in a way, get linked around every time a discussion on the subject pops up.

Hey don't blame us for the image being posted out of context. ;)
These are actually promos for Monday's live stream.
https://twitter.com/GameTrailers/status/649713133150408704
https://twitter.com/GameTrailers/status/650018621587083264
PointedOccasionalHyrax.gif

Pure gold.
S++.

UrbanRats

I'm pretty sure that "Dog Park" thing, is the multiplayer prototype of Home Free, like they did Dog Park as a local multiplayer brawler (with dogs) first, and then developed Home Free as more of a single player open world thing.

I wonder which one of the three came up with (and cried until the other two gave in and accepted) the name "The Chosen Undead"?

I'm not a fan of Rock Band but this...has me somewhat intrigued.

UrbanRats

I watched their Veronica stream (the second part, anyway).
John Michael looks like a cool guy.

Anyway, Code Veronica screwed me over in a similar fashion back in the day (played it on PS2) by basically leaving me with Chris and a knife, for the final boss... never finished it.
I did kill Alexia on the flaming stairs with just the handgun though, and in less attempts than Huber, so that was weird.
To be honest that game is just not very well thought out in that sense, and a similar design mistake happens in Resident Evil 0, too.

Auctopus

Rainbow Six: Siege chat was great.

Level-headed arguments with legitimate concerns although I think Huber might need to stop using "It's not *insert classic Tom Clancy game*" as an argument. It's clear Ubisoft have no real interest in taking these franchises back to their roots. But overall, they echoed my concerns about this game. As a huge fan of Vegas, there's some real magic missing from Siege.

UrbanRats

People that want a real tactical shooter, will gonna have to keep playing SWAT4 or whatever till the end of time, i think.
Though you never know, in the age of Kickstarter someone may pick up the torch.
We know those Serellan folks didn't do a great job at that.

randomwab

Watching Huber's CVX run and seeing him give the grenade launcher and uzi's to Claire right before she gets locked off, thinking "He's totally fucked". I'm surprised he completed that final fight with what he had. Dude looked so close to quitting at one point.

sora87

Ew, Bosman's sticking with Chicago Enforcer and Brad and Ben are playing Battlefront instead of FF7. Least the Resi Evil 4 stream is hopefully happening.

Umibozu

Bosman had said last week that he was going to give chicago enforcer another shot.
Ben made a comment on one of the streams that he doesn't enjoy the ff7 stream. I think it was because he's not on his A game while playing it during the stream. Probably not too enthused to get back to it.

sora87

Ahh Ben knows some people are just super picky, the FF7 streams are more about hanging out with him and Brad, Kyle and whoever else for a few hours with an awesomely nostalgic game on too.

Umibozu

Battle of the bands :-D
Yeah that's what they said. Can't wait. Much prefer to watch a JRPG than most streams.
Me too, it's one of my favourite genres and I enjoy their commentary about the games.

I like the conversations that come out of longstreams, and jrpgs would only work in that format.
The only tip I would give the crew is to either switch to wait mode or slow down the battle speed.

edit: huber's so stiff lol

Huber has the voice of an angel. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つHUBER TAKE MY SHALALALA ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Top Bottom