• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Timedog said:
Matches vs. N33ss I wasn't able to play the videogame Super Street Fighter 4. Lag was terrible. Eva01 beat my ass easily enough though without noticably horrible lag.

GG's other team. GG's Nikashi. Sucks it had to be 2 vs 3 but that's the way it goes I guess. I tried my best.

Yeah, lag was bad when we played. Oh, well; hopefully we can get games sometime, minus lag.

Team Arturo puts GAF on Blast wins 3-1.

GGs to Arturo, DD-11,and Sonicspear64.

Good stuff.

Rentahamster for MVP with his 2 OCV's
Farms with the reverse OCV

I came 1 round to OCVing that first one :( I fail. Everytime I played Arturo I only got 1 round.

EDIT: Thanks Arturo for streaming that.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Team "Arturo Puts GAF on Blast" vs. Team "Should be Nerfed"

Set 1:

Turtle (win) -- Sonic (loss)
Turtle (win) -- DD11 (loss)
Turtle (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)
Hamster (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)
Farms (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)

Set 2:

Hamster (win) -- NYCFurby (loss)
Hamster (win) -- Sonic (loss)
Hamster (win) -- DD11 (loss)

Set 3:

Hamster (win) -- NYCFurby (loss)
Hamster (win) -- Sonic (loss)
Hamster (win) -- DD11 (loss)

Set 4:

Hamster (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)
Turtle (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)
Farms (win) -- NYCFurby (loss)
Farms (win) -- Sonic (loss)
Farms (win) -- DD11 (loss)

Team Arturo Puts GAF on Blast wins 3-1

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Team "Jab Jab Fierce" vs Team "Saikyo"

Set 1:

Iron E Man (loss) -- Nikashi (win)
eva01 (win) -- Nikashi (loss)
eva01 (win) -- Timedog (loss)

Set 2:

Iron E Man (loss) -- Nikashi (win)
n3ss (win) -- Nikashi (loss)
n3ss (win) -- Timedog (loss)

Set 3:

Iron E Man (loss) -- Timedog (win)
n3ss (win) -- Timedog (loss)
n3ss (win) -- Nikashi (loss)

Team "Jab Jab Fierce" wins 3-0

eva01

GGs Team Saikyo, very unfortunate about your third team member but good job playing it thru.

ah damn n3ss beat me to it lol oh well editing...

Yeah BlackVegita I have all the replays saved. Let me know when you have time to save them/record.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
eva01 said:
GGs Team Saikyo, very unfortunate about your third team member but good job playing it thru.

ah damn n3ss beat me to it lol oh well editing...

Yeah BlackVegita I have all the replays saved. Let me know when you have time to save them/record.

Thank you for using sexy cowboy ken! :lol

Congrats on the wins fellas!

Great Eva! I have to record Relix's matches tomorrow night. I'll hook it up either tomorrow night or the night after.

eva01

black_vegeta said:
Congrats on the wins fellas!

Great Eva! I have to record Relix's matches tomorrow night. I'll hook it up either tomorrow night or the night after.

Thanks man but not that good to celebrate cause they were down a man. Sounds good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Alright. I'll update everything when the last semins is completed. Renta and Relix got an achievement.

No need to get me videos at this point since the rest of the prelims aren't recorded. I'm not going through with the rest of the achievements. Goodies will be distributed among Renta, Relix and certain other people. I still want at the very least, details about the matches.

Kadey said:
Alright. I'll update everything when the last semins is completed. Renta and Relix got an achievement.
Kadey -

Team Spooky siad they would upload the matches since they got em during the stream. I think to the YT when I asked Nerd Josh.. and their YT is Akumas.. soo.... yea.. :)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kadey said:

No need to get me videos at this point since the rest of the prelims aren't recorded. I'm not going through with the rest of the achievements. Goodies will be distributed among Renta, Relix and certain other people. I still want at the very least, details about the matches.
Woo, Kadey award achievement unlocked! <3

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
By the way, here's our new banner:

5foh6t.jpg

Silly me, I didn't think I would have to change it so I flattened the whole image. Ah well. That farm fits over the shape pretty well.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:

Heh. When I first saw that you wanted every match recorded and uploaded somewhere I thought "yeah, good luck with that lol." Worked out better than I thought it would, though. It was a good idea and a good effort.

I can still get you set 2 of our first match if you want :( Just need to get together with someone who has a copy of it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Kadey said:

homerwohooo.gif

I'll still get our matches up if Black Vegeta is ok with it and not bothered =P. I think at least in the semis everyone saved their matches. Prelims was a bit bumpy for rules and now everyone is settled with them so I am fairly sure they are all used to it.

Wiseblade

I think based on what My team and Eissan posted earlier, 8PM PST would be the best time for us to have our fight. I'll just have to deal with that.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Have fun with Gutabo :p
What a masochistic way of describing fun.

Kadey said:
No need to get me videos at this point since the rest of the prelims aren't recorded. I'm not going through with the rest of the achievements. Goodies will be distributed among Renta, Relix and certain other people (like DBJ). I still want at the very least, details about the matches.
>_>;

zlatko

Banned
Kadey said:

You mean no more achievements for the rest of the tourney or just based on prelim videos? It'd be sad if there is no other prizes the rest of the tourney other than the big one at the end. :( That Daigo poster has a place open on my wall for me to fall asleep staring into it. :lol

eissan

Wiseblade said:
I think based on what My team and Eissan posted earlier, 8PM PST would be the best time for us to have our fight. I'll just have to deal with that.

I think that will work too, I'll let my team know. lets GET HYPED :D.

Kadey said:

No need for recorded matches?

Well the pre-lims were a total fuck up, since not everyone knew what to do or just forgot to have a designated person to save the matches so they could be recorded. At least for the Semi's we have all the vids so far.

Personally I would still like to have the matches uploaded for everyone to see regardless if you're not giving out the achievement awards.

I know Relix still wants his videos uploaded, but if Eva still wants to have their videos uploaded, I will gladly do it and hand them to Kadey so she can post them to the OP. Kadey, if you don't want to post them in the OP, that's up to you since you are the organizer of this event.

Wiseblade

I know I royally screwed up in not saving my prelim matches, but I don't plan on making the same mistake twice. I think everyone else is also more determined to provide videos. black_vegeta might need to upload them all, but still.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
No need for recorded matches?

Well the pre-lims were a total fuck up, since not everyone knew what to do or just forgot to have a designated person to save the matches so they could be recorded. At least for the Semi's we have all the vids so far.

Personally I would still like to have the matches uploaded for everyone to see regardless if you're not giving out the achievement awards.

I know Relix still wants his videos uploaded, but if Eva still wants to have their videos uploaded, I will gladly do it and hand them to Kadey so she can post them to the OP. Kadey, if you don't want to post them in the OP, that's up to you since you are the organizer of this event.

Exactly this is my point

Come on Kadey *wink*

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
I have one last video that I need to get from NinajHeartless from your pre-lim matches. That sonofabitch has been ducking me for a straight week.

:lol :lol Did you PM his through GAF? =P

Relix said:
:lol :lol Did you PM his through GAF? =P

Yup and I also PM'ed him through XBL. He said, "sorry mang, girl friend + deadly premonition>street fighter replay dullness. Gotta keep my priorities straight."

I told him, "bros before hoes. Plus I only need one video!"

I'll pm him again and again and again until I get my damn vid to complete the set! >:-(

Rentahamster said:
Yeah I think my team got most of our prelim matches saved, too. We just need a way to record them.

Sorry, haven't checked in here in a while.

GJ to you guys beating Art's team :D

As for the videos, I think I have most of em except my teammates battles in the 2nd set. I was too caught up in the hype to remember to press select :lol

I guess I could upload them, but it wouldn't be direct feed and it wouldn't be HD either :/

Gah.. Wrong thread of my original post.

I have most of the videos from R1.. Its hard for me to upload a TON of videos though. My connection at home is pretty bad for upload.. only good for download ... and I would have to lower the quality to 15mb FLV files :lol

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
gg to rentas team, im pretty salty about playign you guy on 1-2 bar connections but its all good. enoy your prize

eissan

kiun said:
8PM PST works for me

2 of us are good to go, we just have to get a hold of gutabo. I'll message him as soon as I get home tonight on xbl otherwise it would have to be a reschedule to tomorrow :(.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
nycfurby said:
gg to rentas team, im pretty salty about playign you guy on 1-2 bar connections but its all good. enoy your prize
gg Art, yeah sorry about the connection. Your Sim and Seth are crazy good and it was very hard trying to deal with them.

It was great watching you fight against our Fuerte and Cammy as you know those matchups very well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
God's Beard said:
Doesn't FMF get an achievement for beating arturo and his minions?

No that would be Renta. Both Relix and Renta gets $50 cash each and a bunch of goodies, some not seen in the achievement prizes picture yet. I'm throwing more stuff into the mix.

Anyway. The whole videos thing is a mess. I'll still post them but I will only post complete sets. I don't want fragments or a round here and there. And my point still stands. Achievements are over with. I wanted many people to watch them and vote on it and since a huge part of them are prelims, it no longer applies. It's a nice thing Vegeta is doing his part but I don't think it's right.

Art, you are still the best. :D I know you were sandbagging. Because you did the same against me.

Akuma, you've been demoted to court jester. You should've used Blanka!

Congrats to everyone. That last round had tons of upsets except for the destined to win it all Team Barbie Girl still going strong!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kadey said:

If you promise people shit, you have to come through.

nycfurby said:

Nah I feel you on that, it's online, so it could honestly have gone either way because of randmoness and not being able to react to things optimally due to lag. It's obvious that you're a much better player than any of us haha. GG's man!!

With that being said......let's money match at EVO! Your rates/terms and I'll co-sign.

Nikashi

Banned
So wait, achievements aren't happening for any rounds past preliminaries? So our team had ONE chance to get a prize other than the grand prize and if not, too bad, because other teams chose not to record their matches?

Not to mention having to play Handicapped and having 2 teammates bail on us.

I hate to sound salty here but if I knew all achievements would have happened in the first round only, I probably would have bailed as well rather than play a 3-2 match we honestly had no chance of winning.

Come on guys, it's a free tourney with no entry fee, regardless of whether or not Kadey's following through, try to notch down the sense of entitlement a bit yeah?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hitokage said:
If you promise people shit, you have to come through.

Are you threatening me?

Since when is this a promise? Where exactly have I said that. It's simple really. Players do their part, I do mine. And they haven't. This is all coming out of my pocket. And I'm running it so regardless of anything, I'll do as I please. Go sit on your high horse like you usually do. Go find someone else to pick on.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
FindMyFarms said:
Come on guys, it's a free tourney with no entry fee, regardless of whether or not Kadey's following through, try to notch down the sense of entitlement a bit yeah?

Don't worry about it. Hito's always been an ass to me. I think it's funny that he acts like he's running the thing.

Kadey said:
Are you threatening me?

Since when is this a promise? Where exactly have I said that. It's simple really. Players do their part, I do mine. And they haven't. This is all coming out of my pocket. And I'm running it so regardless of anything, I'll do as I please. Go sit on your high horse like you usually do. Go find someone else to pick on.

Got damn!

Top Bottom