• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

Nikashi

Banned
Kadey said:
Players do their part, I do mine. And they haven't.

Sorry Kadey, what part didn't I play? We ensured all our matches were being saved, and were / would have been uploaded (Such as our matches last night), I worked on a banner, found a theme song, got an icon, showed up for all my matches, even though 2 of my teammates didn't. PLease, tell me what part I didn't play, that disqualifies me, my teammates, or team JAB from getting any achievements from this point on?

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Kadey said:
Hey. I'm trying to cheer him up here. These types of defeats does stuff to top players. Look at that big Asian guy wearing pajamas.

haha, not online, it isnt that serious. offline events piss me off way more (ect2)
FindMyFarms: sure, find me at evo. Reason why i'm saying that is evo is too chaotic to set up mm's etc and everyone knows me so its not a problem to find.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nikashi said:
Sorry Kadey, what part didn't I play? We ensured all our matches were being saved, and were / would have been uploaded (Such as our matches last night), I worked on a banner, found a theme song, got an icon, showed up for all my matches, even though 2 of my teammates didn't. PLease, tell me what part I didn't play, that disqualifies me, my teammates, or team JAB from getting any achievements from this point on?

Achievements are supposed to be for the whole tourney
. Starting from Prelims to the very end. Many people were to watch every single round, every single match to decide who in their mind gets what achievement. And all I do is tally it up and present the prizes.

So if we're missing half of the prelim matches and stuff proceeds, it would and already has complicated the whole point of the process.

It's not your fault. It's the fault of the rest of the people/teams whom haven't turned in their videos.

nycfurby said:
FindMyFarms: sure, find me at evo. Reason why i'm saying that is evo is too chaotic to set up mm's etc and everyone knows me so its not a problem to find.

Cool beans, I'll find ya :p I wanna MM all the other new york cats too :)

nycfurby said:
haha, not online, it isnt that serious. offline events piss me off way more (ect2)

You're a good sport Sabin. Thanks for making this tourney as exciting as it was with your participation.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:

From our talk, I know you aren't the type of person to let that get to you but the jokes going around aren't helping. :D

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kadey said:

Achievements are supposed to be for the whole tourney
. Starting from Prelims to the very end. Many people were to watch every single round, every single match to decide who in their mind gets what achievement. And all I do is tally it up and present the prizes.

So if we're missing half of the prelim matches and stuff proceeds, it would and already has complicated the whole point of the process.

It's not your fault. It's the fault of the rest of the people/teams whom haven't turned in their videos.
I think we need a little more time. I think most people got the replays saved. It's just that recording and uploading is a hassle. Sorry for the delay.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I will offer prizes for said achievements if anyone wants to move forward with it.

Crazy day at work, I'll check this thread later.

EDIT - Arturo is ass.

Rentahamster said:
I think we need a little more time. I think most people got the replays saved. It's just that recording and uploading is a hassle. Sorry for the delay.

I can help with uploading as much as I can...

I know some teams have no vids due to whatever issue that was going on at the moment.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Guys, cool down. Cooooool doooown. Relax. As I said I am all for achievements still happening. I think the people that do post the videos deserve a chance to win something. Those who didn't, your bad. In my experience running tourneys here, someone ALWAYS fails so it's to be expected.

Edit: Vegeta can you be on in about 30? =p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kadey said:
Don't worry about it. Hito's always been an ass to me. I think it's funny that he acts like he's running the thing.
Yeah, getting after you for having a multi-megabyte avatar was so asinine.

I'm not trying to run your tourney, but since it is on a forum I'm somewhat responsible for I don't like to see somebody use the site's name as well as MadCatz's name for a tourney that promises things then flake out later on. Now, like farms said there's no entry fee so it's not a huge deal and if some things came up unexpectedly then whatever that can't be helped.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
black_vegeta said:
I can help with uploading as much as I can...

I know some teams have no vids due to whatever issue that was going on at the moment.
Yeah but you've already done so much already, the rest of us need to step up and not just put it off on you. I'm trying to find a suitable video recorder or capture device at the moment.

Relix said:
Guys, cool down. Cooooool doooown. Relax. As I said I am all for achievements still happening. I think the people that do post the videos deserve a chance to win something. Those who didn't, your bad. In my experience running tourneys here, someone ALWAYS fails so it's to be expected.

Unfortunately no, I'm at work right now and probably won't be home until 8:30pm (PST). Hopefully you have some coffee brewed to stay awake tonight. :p

Unless you want to try tomorrow night or sometime this weekend?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hitokage said:
Yeah, getting after you for having a multi-megabyte avatar was so asinine.

I'm not trying to run your tourney, but since it is on a forum I'm somewhat responsible for I don't like to see somebody use the site's name as well as MadCatz's name for a tourney that promises things then flake out later on. Now, like farms said there's no entry fee so it's not a huge deal and if some things came up unexpectedly then whatever that can't be helped.

Final prizes are all MadCatz.

Achievement prizes is money out of my pocket. Hell, even potential overseas winners will have shipping paid by me. Yah?

So basically because I set out a guideline and players cannot fulfill it, in your eyes it's my fault because I promised to? Yeah okay.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
Unfortunately no, I'm at work right now and probably won't be home until 8:30pm (PST). Hopefully you have some coffee brewed to stay awake tonight. :p

Unless you want to try tomorrow night or sometime this weekend?
Nah that's ok. I am gonna be around by then so if you see me on send me a message if you can do it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
I will offer prizes for said achievements if anyone wants to move forward with it.

Crazy day at work, I'll check this thread later.

EDIT - Arturo is ass.

Giving out close to $600 worth of sticks is enough. Really.

And Black Vegeta has gone way over the line in helping run this thing. He has been asking for recorded matches, videos, pming people for them, etc. If people know me well, I treat my peoples well.

I actually like this idea. It's still disappointing to me because between 5 teams or whatever that haven't given me videos, that's 15 people who all factored into the achievements. I'm used to doing a job completely. Stuff like this doesn't fly with me.

Kadey said:
I'm used to doing a job completely. Stuff like this doesn't fly with me.

Samehere. NinajHeartless, GIVE ME YOUR VID so I can complete the set and give these vids to Kadey!

Relix said:
Nah that's ok. I am gonna be around by then so if you see me on send me a message if you can do it.

Fo sho!

eva01

Holy Crap there is only 1 emperor remaining. Iron E Man we got to step up our game and defend the last emperor.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Based on performances, Saqs and you should've been one. It's unfortunate AZ isn't on GAF right now but I would've made him one. Perhaps next time.

Kadey said:
Based on performances, Saqs and you should've been one. It's unfortunate AZ isn't on GAF right now but I would've made him one. Perhaps next time.
When you said that one of the emperor's were playing Rose, I thought you were including Saqs initially.

<-- Still mad salty to losing to him :'(

Relix said:
Relax... Relix... I think I'm breaking the fourth wall here.

And I agree with what Relix said earlier. Give the achievements to those who did their part in getting the match recorded and qualified for one of the awards. And to those who didn't, too bad for them.
black vegita should get a stick for showing that his power level is also over 9000
:D

eva01

Kadey said:
Based on performances, Saqs and you should've been one.

Me an Emperor? Nah, I think I get lucky because of my TE stick. Its been used by top players in tournament play like combofiend, mike ross and onlinetony. I think the awesomeness from them stays on the stick and carries me.

Besides I like being the underdog. No pressure!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Way too much info. So you think a bunch of guys playing with your stick gives you all that power? :lol

Okay, really. Point of the Emperor thing was to reward players who go beyond. I wanted for people to know that GAFFers can hang with top players regardless. We're laughed and shunned at many places but we have a nice community here. Except for Hito being mean.

Good stuff to Turtle, Renta, and FMF. If I was really salty, I'd go on and on about how FMF hustled Art in their first match and how he doesn't even have Live so he had to bum off Turtle. :lol

I'm sorry team. I'm weak as fuck and free. Sorry for letting you guys sit through my shitty play too. I really could have used a TE cause every time I play on one it feels so much better than my T5 Hori stick. I guess I needed to level up more. Ah well. Online is just practice for the real thing anyway.

Rentahamster, your sim is scary as fuck. Please keep me on your friends list so I get match-up practice with someone other than Dan. :lol

Turtlesnatcher, I got Fuerte with Dan next time. Guy was just a failed experiment. I'm coming back with the Saikyo! :D

FindMyFarms, I felt you were sandbagging during our match. I don't think I could ever come close to beating you for real. :lol

Good luck in finals and grand finals guys!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Way too much info. So you think a bunch of guys playing with your stick gives you all that power? :lol

Okay, really. Point of the Emperor thing was to reward players who go beyond. I wanted for people to know that GAFFers can hang with top players regardless. We're laughed and shunned at many places but we have a nice community here. Except for Hito being mean.

eff that, I always say...

GAF > SRK

<3

Wiseblade

Team Cobra Kai beats Team Blast 3-1 GG guys.

I've got all of my matches saved and some of the others, but spectator mode waslagged out again so I couldn't save them all.

eissan

Wiseblade said:
Team Cobra Kai beats Team Blast 3-1 GG guys.

I've got all of my matches saved and some of the others, but spectator mode waslagged out again so I couldn't save them all.

if all you had to do to save it is hit select I got them all. I will have to talk to vegeta to have them uploaded

Wiseblade

eissan said:
if all you had to do to save it is hit select I got them all. I will have to talk to vegeta to have them uploaded

Yeah but if you got the "spectator mode suspended" message during the match then it doesn't save the replay. I haven't got any of the matches where Jam played as boxer, for example, even though I tried to save them.

TurtleSnatcher, you need to be super dynamic for the both of us! :lol

gutabo

Great matches Team 1, nasty fuerte Wiseblade! Man, a HUGE thumbs up(with a beer, hoes, some green ish or whatever makes them happy) to my team, they stepped up their game and showed that it's not "team south america", but Team Axis, Eissan and Gutabo!

COBRA KAI NEVER DIES!!!!! LET'S GO!!!

I also saved some matches but spectator mode dropped the connection more often than not... at least I pressed "reserved" everytime.

Wiseblade

TurtleSnatcher said:
What was the breakdown in matches?

Match 1

Wiseblade beats vexco
Wiseblade beats Eissan
Gutabo beats Wiseblade
Gutabo beats Kiun
Gutabo beats jam86

Cobra Kai 1 - Blast 0

After that it gets a little fuzzy (this was at 4AM mind!) but I think it went...

Match 2

jam86 beats vexco
Eissan beats jam86
Eissan beats Kiun
Eissan beats Wiseblade

Cobra Kai 2 - Blast 0

Match 3

Kiun beats vexco
Eissan beats kiun
jam86 beats Eissan
Gutabo beats jam86
Wiseblade beats Gutabo

Cobra Kai 2 - Blast 1

Match 4

vexco beats Kiun
jam86 beats vexco
Eissan beats Jam86
Eissan beats Wiseblade

Cobra Kai 3 - Blast 1

Axis

Wiseblade said:
Match 1

Wiseblade beats vexco
Wiseblade beats Eissan
Gutabo beats Wiseblade
Gutabo beats Kiun
Gutabo beats jam86

After that it gets a little fuzzy (this was at 4AM mind!) but I think it went...

Match 2

jam86 beats vexco
Eissan beats jam86
Eissan beats Kiun
Eissan beats Wiseblade

Match 3

Kiun beats vexco
Eissan beats kiun
jam86 beats Eissan
Gutabo beats jam86
Wiseblade beats Gutabo

Match 4

Kiun beats vexco
Eissan beats Kiun
Eissan beats Jam86
Eissan beats Wiseblade

i won the first match in the 4th set =/

Axis

FindMyFarms said:
So it's team Cobra Kai vs. team APGOB? Let's get this done ASAP, when's a good time for yall?

i leave for a week at the beach on saturday so anytime before or after is cool with me

Top Bottom