• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

zlatko

Banned
Relix said:
ATM I am pretty drunk so yeah... XD
:lol I told ya not to stay out too late lol.

I am officially awake. I will be up for the next 15 hours before I get tired. It's 3:15AM my time, so that means till about 5PM my time before I can no longer do the fight.

Everyone needs to show up this morning, so when you wake up, and you read this, pop on Xbox Live.

Starting around 7-8AM my time(4-5 hours from now) I will start up a Xbox Live party to which I'll be inviting you all into. The hopeful start time will be anytime before noon your times. I'll keep trying to toss invites up until then. If we can't get everyone at once I suggest maybe we just do a 2 v 2. I'm still trying to work out a chance I can get internet hooked up at my new place before I have to leave, so that I can travel there in 5 hours and be good to go right away. If this happens, then Mon-Wed may still be possible, but highly unlikely. Let's go for today please. :)

My GT is Outlaw Slevin

Iron E Man, N3ss, and Eva01 I'm not sure what your GT handles are, but once you wake up post them on here, or send a message to the GT Outlaw Slevin so I can invite you.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix said:
ATM I am pretty drunk so yeah... XD

God dammit why do I do this :lol :lol

I got pretty wasted last night, actually forgot all my keys and slept in the studio. Yeah was pretty nice. I should hold back some time. ANYWAY! I am around what about the other guys?

zlatko

Banned
Relix said:
God dammit why do I do this :lol :lol

I got pretty wasted last night, actually forgot all my keys and slept in the studio. Yeah was pretty nice. I should hold back some time. ANYWAY! I am around what about the other guys?

No clue. I'm on here. Still waiting around that people would show up---I sort of expected it wouldn't happen this morning even though most said yes. A few others aren't on here enough to get the latest info to know when to show up.

Part of me wishes the tournie times had been team X fights team Y @ time so and so. You show up or don't and winner is winner lol. Oh well, so it's 10:32AM my time. You and me are on.

4 more to go. Hopefully Saqs shows up soon, then we can try to get the others to jump on. N3ss said he was going to be on this morning, so we should expect him at the very least from Jab Jab Fierce.

Edit: I have you and Iron E Man on friends list. Neither of you are on Live, but you are on here. Iron was on 17 hours ago, so odds are he will be on anytime now. As for Saqs I'll PM him right now in hopes he gets on soon.

zlatko

Banned
black_vegeta said:
Here's their GT's.

eva01 = eva01
n3ss = n33ss
Iron E Man = RA1D3NMGS

Thanks for the GTs. :)

Okay so Saqs is out of his house in the next hour. Relix is online. I'm online. Team Jab Jab Fierce is nowhere to be found. :/

11:03AM my time. I was really hoping people would show up before noon my time, but looks like no dice there.

.-. what we does now?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
zlatko said:
Thanks for the GTs. :)

Okay so Saqs is out of his house in the next hour. Relix is online. I'm online. Team Jab Jab Fierce is nowhere to be found. :/

11:03AM my time. I was really hoping people would show up before noon my time, but looks like no dice there.

.-. what we does now?

Just post whenever you are free. We have a few days to make this happen, I am sure there will be a spot to have the matches. Don't worry and focus on your moving, that's important =P

zlatko

Banned
Iron E Man said:
My bad just woke up thought we were still on for 9 tonight.

That might be a miss translation on my part when I sent out messages. The 9PM night time was for Saturday,and the 9AM was for today on Sunday.

So we are up to 4/6 online. Now if N3ss and Eva01 show up we are golden. This has to happen within the hour though as Saqs has to head out soon.

Anyone know N3ss or Eva in real life or their facebook/twitter/anything to get a hold of them? :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
zlatko said:
That might be a miss translation on my part when I sent out messages. The 9PM night time was for Saturday,and the 9AM was for today on Sunday.

So we are up to 4/6 online. Now if N3ss and Eva01 show up we are golden. This has to happen within the hour though as Saqs has to head out soon.

Anyone know N3ss or Eva in real life or their facebook/twitter/anything to get a hold of them? :)

To be honest if Saqs is in a rush of going out then this is a no go. There's a good reason for that and that is mindset. If a player has to go out or is nervous against something he will nto fight to his full potential. Also, it's 3 sets... 1 hour will not be enough time to finish this trust me. Especially with n3ss and eva01 on the other team =P. I would suggest doing this some time else with more time and less tension. We will not benefit from rushing this.

I just realized both teams have never lost a set either so we are both undefeated. This should be great :D

zlatko

Banned
Relix said:
Just post whenever you are free. We have a few days to make this happen, I am sure there will be a spot to have the matches. Don't worry and focus on your moving, that's important =P

I could def. fight tonight IF and only IF I know you are all going to be online ready to go. Otherwise I'll end up staying up for 20+ hours for NO reason. In like 40 minutes I'm going to shower, go to Gamestop to pay off and fully reserve MGS Peace Walker, and then make a few calls to see if I can have net set up for Nebraska the second I show up there tomorrow.

If there was some way to KNOW n3ss and eva01 will be on tonight so we can do this thing, then I'm more than willing to stay up those extra hours. If they sign on here in the next 2-3 hours though, we need to try and get them pinned down for tonight. I believe n3ss said he can't do Sunday night though so that's probably a no go anyway.

Edit: Okay. Relix makes a good point. Match time for right now cancelled. Saqs if you are reading this you are a free man and good to go do whatever. Be on later tonight though on the off chance we can get everyone together. :)

Wiseblade said:
yeah, So is there anyone capable of uploading matches I can share my videos with?
You're talking about your tournament matches right?

Do you have all of them or just some?

You played Team Cobra Kai right? Eissan from Cobra Kai supposely has all your matches but he has yet gotten back to me about uploading them.

Wiseblade

black_vegeta said:
You're talking about your tournament matches right?

Do you have all of them or just some?

You played Team Cobra Kai right? Eissan from Cobra Kai supposely has all your matches but he has yet gotten back to me about uploading them.

I only have about half of them, so it's probably better to wait for Eissan if he has them all.

Also, Pandaman should have nearly all of the matches from our first round fight.

zlatko

Banned
I don't suppose n3ss or eva01 are online at all? I'm just curious so I can lock them down for later tonight with the 4 of us who can do tonight.

eissan

I was a retard and forgot to save my own matches but I think I have every other match though.

if the guys that played me can make sure to save the matches I was in that would be sweet.

Wiseblade said:
I only have about half of them, so it's probably better to wait for Eissan if he has them all.

Also, Pandaman should have nearly all of the matches from our first round fight.
I need the matches that you had against Eissan, since he doesn't have his own matches. I'll hit up Jam and Kiun for their vids against Eissan.

Edit: I'm just looking for semi matches against Team Cobra Kai.

The prelims vids seem to be lost.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
zlatko said:
I don't suppose n3ss or eva01 are online at all? I'm just curious so I can lock them down for later tonight with the 4 of us who can do tonight.
Still online?

zlatko

Banned
Real talk are Eva01 and n3ss ever online? 4:15PM my time and no sign of either all day.

I'm going to stay up the full day----and they KNOW today at some point we are going to try for this tourney. If neither singed onto Gaf or Live at all today I'm giving up on setting a time and leaving it up to someone else. Too much of a headache. :lol

zlatko

Banned
n3ss said:
Still online?

Oh snap there he is! Where's Eva, Relix, Saqs? Iron E Man is online right now.

Edit: How long are you on for the rest of today? What does your Mon-Wed look like on times available? That way if we can't today so I know a time that will work for everyone.

zlatko

Banned
eva01 said:
I am at work won't be home until 6pm pacific

Working on Sunday? :( Your boss is a slave driver!

6PM though? Okay sounds good by me. What does the rest of your week look like on times available?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sorry for the delay, I was able to gain access to a capture device for a few hours. Here are the videos that I had saved from the prelims.

Team 7
2vczwat.gif
VS Team 8
m9spl3.png

Set 1

Tess loses to Enk
TurtleSnatcher beats Enk
TurtleSnatcher beats Dartastic
TurtleSnatcher beats Killa Sasa

Set 1 goes to Team Arturo

Set 2

Tesseract beats Dartastic
Enk beats Tesseract
TurtleSnatcher beats Enk
Killa Sasa beats TurtleSnatcher
Killa Sasa beats Rentahamster

Set 2 goes to team TACT of MEP

Set 3

Dartastic beats Tesseract
Rentahamster beats Dartastic
Rentahamster beats Enk
Rentahamster beats Killa Sasa

Set 3 goes to team Arturo

Team Arturo 2 - Team TACT of MEP 1

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Here are the vids I have for this game. The whole series is still incomplete, though.

Team "Arturo Puts GAF on Blast"
2vczwat.gif
vs. Team "Should be Nerfed"
im83uf.png

Set 1:

Turtle (win) -- Sonic (loss)
Turtle (win) -- DD11 (loss)
Turtle (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)
Hamster (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)
Farms (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)

Set 2:

Hamster (win) -- NYCFurby (loss)
Hamster (win) -- Sonic (loss)
Hamster (win) -- DD11 (loss)

Set 3:

Hamster (win) -- NYCFurby (loss)
Hamster (win) -- Sonic (loss)
Hamster (win) -- DD11 (loss)

Set 4:

Hamster (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)
Turtle (loss) -- NYCFurby (win)
Farms (win) -- NYCFurby (loss)
Farms (win) -- Sonic (loss)
Farms (win) -- DD11 (loss)

Team Arturo Puts GAF on Blast wins 3-1

zlatko said:
I can also do these times. What's the good word for you others who are online right now?
Today and tomorrow I'm good and Tuesday/Wednesday I get off of work at 9 central so anytime after that. Thursday til Monday I'll be out of state.

zlatko

Banned
Iron E Man said:
Today and tomorrow I'm good and Tuesday/Wednesday I get off of work at 9 central so anytime after that. Thursday til Monday I'll be out of state.

Okay that's three people that can do these times. 3 more to confirm and we are good to go. :)

zlatko

Banned
Relix said:
I am available as well.

That's 4 people confirmed for either tonight, Mon, Tues, or Wed around 9PM or past Central USA time.

Just need to hear from Saqs and N3ss then we are golden. I def. think Saqs can, but I'll PM to see what the deal is. Let's shoot for tonight if we can get the other two on board.

zlatko

Banned
eva01 said:
I'm home and good to go but got to leave in 3.5 hours(9:45pm PDT) from now.

Okay well if N3ss and Saqs show up we are good to go. I think Saqs is prolly on PSN playing, so I could get a hold of him if he's home. We just need N3ss to get on Gaf so we can possibly do this thing.

zlatko

Banned
Alright well no show to Saqs or n3ss tonight unfortunately. It's almost 11PM here, and i've been up for 20 hours straight. That's the best I can do and can't wait any longer for them.

Relix, myself, Iron E, and Eva have said we can all do 9PM Central USA time tomorrow, tuesday, or wednesday. All 3 of you please show up at that time tomorrow. If we end up not being able to do it tomorrow, show up Tuesday. If we can't do it Tuesday, then show up Wednesday. Basically make no plans for that time and past for Mon-Wed AKA your busy. :p

I'm PMing n3ss and Saqs and letting them know that is the time gap in which they need to show up tomorrow, tues, and wed. If all goes right we'll be playing tomorrow night. *crosses fingers*

Good night and hope to see this get underway tomorrow. :)

gutabo

Thanks rentahamster, maybe we can get some vids from turtle and find soon?

Again, mad props in beating arturo's team!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
gutabo said:
Thanks rentahamster, maybe we can get some vids from turtle and find soon?

Again, mad props in beating arturo's team!
Thanks dude, looking forward to our matches later :D

Those are all the vids I have saved, if anyone else can capture and upload the ones that I have missing, or if they can show me some in the replay channel, then that would be great.

Rentahamster said:
Thanks dude, looking forward to our matches later :D

Those are all the vids I have saved, if anyone else can capture and upload the ones that I have missing, or if they can show me some in the replay channel, then that would be great.

Can't do anything from my end, you've got all the ones I have. We're missing the exact same ones :lol

I think I have mine from the Killa Sasa team matches.. but not that dartastic one vs tess..

As for the Arturo match.. I know I don't have any of those.. since FMF decided to do a FT10 vs TimeDog right afterwards thus pushing them off my queue. This includes FMF's matches as he was playing at my place.

:(

zlatko

Banned
Kadey said:
I think they were out partying. I know I was. Ooooohhhhhhhhh.....
:lol That's cool. I just hope they find some time to pop on Gaf today to check their PMs and so we can brawl.

zlatko

Banned
Got tourney time updates:
N3ss has said he can't do tonight, but can do Tuesday and Wednesday at 9PM Central USA time or a bit later.

The time we are finally shooting for then is tomorrow night 9PM Central USA time. Try to get on around then and don't make plans from then to the next 2-3 hours just so we can play this out safely for everyone to show up.

The only person that hasn't responded yet that they can do this time is Saqs. I'm going to PM him again on here and send him a PS3 message. :p My internet stalking power knows no LIMITS! :D

Tomorrow. 9PM Central USA time. Be there!

Yeah it has to be tomorrow cause my travel date got bumped up to Wednesday btw Zlatko it has to be after 8 pacific for eva so probably a lil after 10 pm central.

zlatko

Banned
Iron E Man said:
Yeah it has to be tomorrow cause my travel date got bumped up to Wednesday btw Zlatko it has to be after 8 pacific for eva so probably a lil after 10 pm central.

Okay yeah I'm just using 9 as a start gathering up time. I don't expect it to actually start up till an hour and a half after 9, because of lateness and such.

Alright well it solely rests on if Saqs can show up or not now for tomorrow. He's got at least 2 PMs from me I know he hasn't responded to. He said the best way to get a hold of him was to PM him on here. We'll know by the end of today hopefully if we have the green light.

I got lucky that my move isn't happening quite yet. No pets in buildings blah blah, so I'm having to look for a different place. Gives me the chance to participate tomorrow when otherwise I wouldn't have been able to.

zlatko

Banned
Final update and awesome news. All of you said you can do the tourney tomorrow night.

Start gathering around 9-10PM Central USA time. The sooner you can make it the better. Odds are we will start around 10:30 though.

Saqs said he can, n3ss said he can, Iron is up for it, Relix is good to go, and Eva01 said Tuesday works as well. :D

Jwong's Hair be with us!

n3ss

aka acr0nym
zlatko said:
Final update and awesome news. All of you said you can do the tourney tomorrow night.

Start gathering around 9-10PM Central USA time. The sooner you can make it the better. Odds are we will start around 10:30 though.

Saqs said he can, n3ss said he can, Iron is up for it, Relix is good to go, and Eva01 said Tuesday works as well. :D

Jwong's Hair be with us!

HYPE!

Yo Relix/Saqs/Zlatko/eva01/n3ss/Iron E Man,

If you want me to record & upload the matches tonight, that's fine with me. I should be on tonight.

I may or may not have access to my XBox 360 come this Wednesday (June 2nd) until sometime next week. I have to house sit a friend's house for a week.

Top Bottom